Proposal: Oilers & Blues

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

oilers89

Jun 4, 2008
Medicine Hat
^ I think the oilers want to play Drai on the wing and in the top 6 for the year to develop him, adding berglund would add a good depth option for 2/3rd line on wing and center
I would do it, maybe changed the pick to a 2nd or 3rd.

RipsADrive

Sep 16, 2008
Edmonton
a 3rd should be enough for yak unless mcdavid can bank more pucks off of him

A 3rd is what Yak is worth around the league right now but if they were willing to let him go for that he'd already be dealt.

The chance that Yak gets his act together is worth more to the Oilers than picking up a low % pick.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
A 3rd is what Yak is worth around the league right now but if they were willing to let him go for that he'd already be dealt.

The chance that Yak gets his act together is worth more to the Oilers than picking up a low % pick.
Yep... IIRC the chance of a 3rd panning out is below 15% and Nail is still young so there's something to be done here

Edit: and Berglund is also a very good winger and so is Draisaitl

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Value seems pretty fair. Big bodied centre coming back as the main piece.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd consider it from an Oilers POV but the Oilers could probably actually use a RW more than C themselves.

If nothing else, Yakupov has played well with McDavid before and at RW he provides sheltering for Puljujarvi, if you move Yakupov, then Puljujarvi basically has to play in the top six.

I think if Yakupov was going to be dealt, it would've happened already. Pretty sure Chiarelli has made up his mind that they're going to give Yakupov another chance.

warrior67

Jul 16, 2016
hockey purgatory
I would rather do something around yak for Jaskin. Both Jaskin and Yakupov have failed previous expectations and could use a change of scenery.

Berglund has more value in my mind than Yak. He provides much needed veteran leadership, his possession game is really good, and he shows up on the scoreboard when it counts(in the playoffs). Plus after Bergs came back from his shoulder surgery he noticeably improved his offensive ability on the ice.

I wouldn't mind grabbing Yakupov, but I don't want the blues to trade a solid skilled depth forward for what could be another Paajarvi-esqe project. It would have to be project for project.

Edgar Carrow

The Misshapen Steed
Oct 12, 2013
Blackwater Park
I'd consider it from an Oilers POV but the Oilers could probably actually use a RW more than C themselves.

If nothing else, Yakupov has played well with McDavid before and at RW he provides sheltering for Puljujarvi, if you move Yakupov, then Puljujarvi basically has to play in the top six.

I think if Yakupov was going to be dealt, it would've happened already. Pretty sure Chiarelli has made up his mind that they're going to give Yakupov another chance.

Berglund can play any forward position.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
The Oilers do that deal in a heartbeat. Moving Drai to RW is certainly an option if that deal happens.

Don't quite see why StL would want to make that trade.

Wild guess @Spektre was bored at work so he just wasted time for creating this thread.

For team point of view bfing Yak, would **** block Jaskin/Rattie icetime, so not thrilled.

And I'm maybe the biggest Berglund hater.

It should be Yak + pick <-> Berglund, Blues don't need or want Yak another Bust player.

ChuckLefley

Jan 5, 2016
Wild guess @Spektre was bored at work so he just wasted time for creating this thread.

For team point of view bfing Yak, would **** block Jaskin/Rattie icetime, so not thrilled.

And I'm maybe the biggest Berglund hater.

It should be Yak + pick <-> Berglund, Blues don't need or want Yak another Bust player.

He wouldn't block anyone's ice time. Jaskin has to prove himself this season, after his poor 15-16 season and Rattie is a classic AHL scorer who isn't good enough to be an NHL scorer. He's a tweener, one of many in the annals of hockey history.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
do explain.

McDavid had Hall with him for the whole preseason and start of the season and they didn't click. Yakupov understood his game and they worked off eachother to find success. Yakupov wasn't a passenger to Connor by any means.
If you watched them play you would see it was mutually beneficial.
Even with Derek Roy Yakupov found success, just needs skilled linemates like most players do, he can't carry a line but he can definitely be a solid contributed.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Berglund +2017 4th for Yakupov

Blues get a much needed RW.

Oilers get their 3rd line C.

Not the biggest Berglund fan but I feel he has more to give offensively. Id probably do this as an Oiler fan.
Curious where St.Louis would play him?

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Done deal. This would allow us to break Draisaitl in on the RW and add a veteran center to support McDavid and RNH.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Not the biggest Berglund fan but I feel he has more to give offensively. Id probably do this as an Oiler fan.
Curious where St.Louis would play him?

With Hitch at the helm lines would surely fluctuate often.

I'd do:

Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko
Fabbri Stastny Yakupov
Steen Sobotka Perron

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
I would do Yakupov for Berglund straight up.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-Berglund-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Pretty solid depth overall.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Done deal. This would allow us to break Draisaitl in on the RW and add a veteran center to support McDavid and RNH.

Agree

I would do Yakupov for Berglund straight up.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-RNH-Draisaitl
Maroon-Berglund-Puljujarvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian

Pretty solid depth overall.

Makes a lot of sense and if an injury happens Draisaitl jumps back to playing C .

Solid OP . Not sure the 4th is needed but it is such a minor add it would not matter if it was't include or if the Oilers added a 4th .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad