09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
tenor.gif

LOCK IN BOYS

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
London, UK
For those down on our play in game 1, highly suggest listening to PDOCast latest discussing the game.

They mention how the shot totals and Oilers 'domination' narrative is misleading. Even at the start of the game when we looked the worst. Most of the effort was spent to contain McDavid, 9 of 14 shots were with him on the ice. Focus is on keeping McD in check, let the others have their looks. The rest of the play when he's not on the ice we tilted it the other way.

I listened to that podcast as well and it seemed to confirm my own feelings about that game. I agree that without Bob playing God mode, we probably would have lost it: we were outplayed by the Oilers over the first two periods and somehow managed to capitalise on our chances to win. But, aside from the PP, this didn't feel like wholesale domination by the Oilers either, and we obviously played well defensively. It didn't feel at all like what the Rangers did to us in game 3.

I'm cautiously optmistic about tonight's game. I think Maurice has line-matched well and hope we have shaken off the rust that seems to come with every game 1, at least enough to get more offense going. It would also help if we could start on time for once and stop taking stupid penalties. Come on guys, keep it in your pants or else be cleverer about it...

On a personal note, I just got back back home to the UK after two weeks in the US/Canada which meant I was able to watch the last three Panthers games LIVE. So obvious causation here! Got work tomorrow but severely jet-lagged so will probably end up watching this one as well: I mean, it's the playoffs and we all have to suffer for our team... GO CATS!

PS: I didn't think this was possible after Boston and the Rangers, but broadcast media has been even worse: all about Oilers this, McJesus that, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers, Oilers... The whole bloody narrative on how this is finally the Oiler (and Canada)'s chance to beat the dirtiest, most goon-filled team in the league, and how watching McJesus hoist the Cup to the tune of bloody choirs and birdsong is inevitable conclusion to their f***ing historic run. God, it's making me puke. I have absolutely no idea how you long-time fans have retained any semblance of sanity over the last 30 years. I salute you all.

Last edited:

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
A win tonight would be amazing. Let’s defend the barn boys. Split over there and bring it home to raise the cup. Man, I swear, if we win this thing I’m just gonna feel like I’m playing with house money as a sports fan forever
as a uconn fan ... redsox fan and panther fan... im almost there....

VALHALLA AWAITS!

• Love
Reactions: Panteras

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I expect the same type of game, the difference will be the Panthers being more assertive defending and denying entry to McDavid, all the efforts should be on stopping McD.
After the first 7-10 minutes, If they have not scored, our chances increase exponentially.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I literally told my brother after the last game "just let us have 1 cup and I'll be good for life. The maple leafs can even win next year and I will be happy for them"
Literally had the same thought today. I could actually......give them my support if the Panthers were knocked out after a cup? Just to say my team, after 30 years of supporting a perennial dumpster fire, has won a f***ing Stanley Cup and I lived to see it.

I've never wanted anything else for so long in my life.

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Anyone have a radio link that works in Canada? I tried the wqam 560 link on audacy and it just keeps trying to load. Stuck on a plane for the first couple periods and hoping the wifi works....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad