GDT: oilering

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
The world f***ing blows sometimes. I got laid off a couple weeks after finding out my wife was pregnant the first time several years back and hit the stage you're at before finally catching a break. I really hope you find yours. It doesn't help much, but I'm sure we're all here for you in the limited ways we can be.
Thanks, man

It's not my first time being laid off, but absolutely the most stressful. The first time I was not too far out of school and unemployment benefits was good enough to at least cover rent for 6 months.

This time? Family with 2 young kids and unemployment is less than 1/10th of my mortgage and lasts only 3 months.

This was my last opportunity to get something before I needed to dip into the college savings we had for our kids, and now, I have no idea how I'm going to pay for their college. And today I found out they strung me along for a month while already having an internal hire lined up.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Three Canes down near the net but only one has the puck. Seems to me two of them were interfered with?

Unfortunately League seems to penalize stick fouls that the canes typically commit but don’t penalize physical plays as much.

Reactions: CandyCanes

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
That blows. Been there, done that. Biggest pice of advice I have is to find or renew a good physical hobby while you're looking. Exercise eats time and gives you good endorphins, and that's helpful for keeping your spirits up.
I have absolutely blown through my gaming backlog and then some. I'm dying for things to do to keep my mind off this shit.

One thing I have found now... Applying to jobs means absolutely nothing. The only way you can get an interview is by working with a recruiter. If you don't have a recruiter seeking you out, applying is a worthless endeavor.

Reactions: cptjeff

User13452

Jan 7, 2022
I’m giving it about 2-3 weeks before Lebrun says the canes are in the market for a top 6 winger. Roslovic is just meh I’m not sure they can afford to wait until the deadline to get someone to replace him

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I’m giving it about 2-3 weeks before Lebrun says the canes are in the market for a top 6 winger. Roslovic is just meh I’m not sure they can afford to wait until the deadline to get someone to replace him
The Canes were in the market for a top 3 winger the second that Guentzel went to Tampa.

That was our biggest need last year. Getting him showed our offense can be very potent with someone like him, so losing him made that immediately one of our top priorities to replace

Reactions: User13452

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I have absolutely blown through my gaming backlog and then some. I'm dying for things to do to keep my mind off this shit.

One thing I have found now... Applying to jobs means absolutely nothing. The only way you can get an interview is by working with a recruiter. If you don't have a recruiter seeking you out, applying is a worthless endeavor.
I guess the only other thing is just connections, which is something I'm always bad with. I can't recall if you've shared what you do. Never know who might have something to share if you put it out there.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

$100 gets you an old steel road bike on Facebook, factor in another $100 for new rubber and parts, and if you're even remotely handy doing your own repairs, for $200 you've got something that can suck up as many hours as you can put in. A ride for me is 2-4 hours and I can do that 3-4 days a week in good weather If I keep the intensity down. These days I don't get out that much, so I do harder rides less often.

And yeah, applying is worthless. Good luck.

3CanesInTheBox

no touch my guys
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Join the club, I've been drinking heavily since 8

But that's probably because I got dicked over by a company I interviewed with where I was told I was their top candidate only for them to hire internally after wasting my time for a month.

But it's fine, I've only been unemployed since March and growing more financially strained by the day.

I hate this year
Damn, man! Hoping things turn around for you. Sounds super stressful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad