OHL Trade Thread 2024-25

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Musty will be moved in a week or so. As much as some people want some sort of Don Cherry wet dream. They aren't going to drag this out.

As for the others, no offense to them but outside of Smith, I wouldn't count Van Steensel, Allard, or Ride as big names. And I don't think Luchanko would be moved? Maybe.
“… some sort of Don Cherry wet dream “

You been saving that line and finally thought you had an opportunity to use it? What does Don Cherry have to do with the circumstances of an elite player requesting a trade in this league?

Just askin

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
What does Oshawa do if Calum Ritchie sticks? The Barlow trade would really hurt cause you can’t buy that cat back in the box.

Even if Ritchie returns to Oshawa this year, the ill-advised Barlow trade still hurts.

As I’ve explained numerous times, Oshawa did not have the depth of talent to make a trade like that. And Barlow isn’t dominant enough to singlehandedly make up the difference.

In the event that Ritchie stays in Colorado, Oshawa’s season is over. Without Ritchie they might win a playoff round - - perhaps a couple rounds - - but their championship aspirations would be finished.

Thanks to the nonsensical Barlow trade, Oshawa is woefully thin on draft picks - - over the next four years they have only TWO (2) second round picks, TWO (2) third round picks and ZERO (0) fifth round picks.

Clearly, they’re not getting any semblance of a “replacement” for Ritchie with that pittance.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Rogle BK @ HV 71
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $156.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Ilves Tampere @ HIFK Helsinki
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00