OHL Trade Thread 2024-25

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
When does the trade window open?
August 1st as far as my knowledge is when the trade window will open again for player and pick trading.

Teams may have talked with other teams about trades and movements of OAs or change of scenery for players who may have had seasons that might have fallen short of expectations of the player, advisors etc.

Until we reach the August 1st we play the waiting game.

Reactions: EvenSteven

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
The trade freeze ends tomorrow. There are a few rumoured trades that have been discussed on various forums. In the month leading up to training camps I think we see some overages moved and a couple of players that have asked for a trade be traded. I could see the Peterborough Petes trade for a centre to play in the top nine in this period. I expect they will trade one of Liam Sztuska or Zack Bowen and an overage forward early in the season. They also likely acquire a veteran defenceman possibly an overage in the first part of the season. I see Brantford, Brampton, Barrie, Kingston, Erie, Flint, Guelph, Oshawa (they have limited draft picks) and Sudbury as buyers at the deadline. The sellers will likely be North Bay, Kitchener, Owen Sound, Sault Ste Marie and possibly Ottawa. Saginaw should be selling but indications they think they can contend again. It should be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reactions: LDN and Bra Wavers

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Trade window opened with OS sending Guindon to Frontenacs for draft picks a full list of any transactions will be updated in the main thread post at the top of the thread.

I will try and update as soon as information comes in.

Reactions: frontsfan67 and LDN

Petes1987

Oct 13, 2013
Mathurin to Windsor for picks
I am starting to think that North Bay is going to trade their elite overagers like Dalyn Wakely and Owen Steensel earlier than many of us expected. With the higher than usual returns for overagers traded this week my feeling is they are going to make these trades before the start of the season and go into the season with their overages set for the year. I think they will likely keep Andrew and Jacob LeBlanc and Brice Cooke as their overages.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad