Confirmed with Link: Oh My Gourde! Yanni Gourde re-signed 6 yrs 5.166 AAV

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I dont think there is another player as naive as Kucherov (in terms of money) :laugh:
And the way Point's playing now, he is going to cost us an arm and a leg, no matter bridge or no bridge.

I think Point will get somewhere around 6. A lot of his comparables/ceiling-type players are making in that range, but they signed before the cap went up. So I think Point will get something around the same as them (Pastrnak, MacKinnon), given the difference in cap now vs. then. I think those guys are above Point, don't get me wrong, but, again, the cap is higher now than when those guys signed, so I think Point's deal will be similar.

Reactions: Hint1k

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
Well done Bolts. Gourde will stay here for the foreseeable future. We lock up Point, and mission accomplished.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
What will they do defensively? Coburn, Girardi, and Stralman are all UFAs.

Cernak makes the jump next year, Koekkoek if he hangs around will get minutes if he resigns. Then you bring one of those 3 back for a year before Foote makes the jump.

Reactions: Denny Little

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Tampa my 2nd fav team. keeping the crew together long term. whens Point's contract coming?

I wonder if this signing will help our Nylander situation. I could see the leafs going for a contract like this. should hurt his hopes of that rumored 8.5 lol

but enough about the leafs for Christ sakes this is a Tampa post sorry guys. and congrats will be cheering for u guys going forward and hope to see u in the conference finals.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Tampa my 2nd fav team. keeping the crew together long term. whens Point's contract coming?

I wonder if this signing will help our Nylander situation. I could see the leafs going for a contract like this. should hurt his hopes of that rumored 8.5 lol

but enough about the leafs for Christ sakes this is a Tampa post sorry guys. and congrats will be cheering for u guys going forward and hope to see u in the conference finals.

Nylander's upside is higher, for sure, but they're pretty similar in recent accomplishments. Nylander has the extra year. His demands, if reports are true, of 8 minimum, are a little bit ludicrous. He might force your hand here.

As for Gourde, he's just so good. I mean, our fanbase is notoriously harsh (see: the thrashing Stamkos is currently getting, and has been getting on-and-off for 5 years), and it's really, really rare that we walk away from a game thinking Gourde didn't play well. Even when he's not scoring, he never seems to have a bad game. Once in a blue moon.

Reactions: Oley49

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Point may get at least 6 in my opinion, with rumours of another lockout happening and expansion draft for Seattle, this team may surprise us with the moves in the future. Hoping we get to keep him

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Congrats, Yanni!!
Hope you'll have losts of fun and challenges with the team! Wish you a fruitful year ahead;
3d618734808a75541c21fb173debbf78c7173c1ed34c1648125dd562c1a90fd4.jpg

#rec'd for the title.

Reactions: Master P

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I still don't understand why you signed gourde before point? when point is the top center on this team

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Because Gourde was more eager to get a deal done. Pretty sure that's all there was to it. The more certainty around the rest of the roster, the easier it is to make a deal with Point, as well.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I still don't understand why you signed gourde before point? when point is the top center on this team

Gourde's deal was probably easier to get done. Point's value is a lot murkier. Better player, better upside, but still in his RFA years. With Gourde, there's a pretty clear standard with pending UFAs. They get money and they get term. With pending RFAs, like Point, there are a lot more options to explore. More ways to get creative, depending on what the player and team wants.

Reactions: Hoek

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Gourde's deal was probably easier to get done. Point's value is a lot murkier. Better player, better upside, but still in his RFA years. With Gourde, there's a pretty clear standard with pending UFAs. They get money and they get term. With pending RFAs, like Point, there are a lot more options to explore. More ways to get creative, depending on what the player and team wants.
It's not that I don't think we will sign point! but does this mean since we signed gourde that we let stralman walk in ufa ? our defense will be thin next season

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's not that I don't think we will sign point! but does this mean since we signed gourde that we let stralman walk in ufa ? our defense will be thin next season

I think we'll let the season play out before those decisions get made though. If Stralman's too valuable to lose, we'll explore a Miller trade. Or whatever/whoever. I think Brisebois will be able to identify the player(s) most easily replaced by ELCs.

The cap crunch everybody keeps warning us about never actually happens. We have some pretty smart people handling our cap, even if they hand out the occasional bad contract.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Dom's second account confirmed.

TrapGod Jr

Apr 22, 2017
Wow happy for the quebec kid, what a great journey so far. Kept working hard and got that big contract. Never give up as they say. Of course he works hard but his progression revealed that he's also pretty talented.

Good game tonight guys! 4-3 Habs

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Wow happy for the quebec kid, what a great journey so far. Kept working hard and got that big contract. Never give up as they say. Of course he works hard but his progression revealed that he's also pretty talented.

Good game tonight guys! 4-3 Habs
Welp he celebrated by himself tonight!
Classy organaization what you guys did during the ceremony by inviting the opposition players make us hockey fans proud.:thumbu:

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I have to keep working and keep proving people wrong. Some people are going to say the Lightning paid me too much money or signed me for too long. I'm just going to go out there and prove people wrong and keep working my ass off and playing the same way.

Love when guys say something then back it up. Guess he doesn't fall under those teammates who get paid and stop working right Kuch ;)

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Yanni's story definately is a great one. Just a couple of years ago he was grinding it out in the AHL as an afterthought to most people and now he's set for life. He has that same kind of chip on his shoulder that Marty had. Now, I'm not saying Gourde is the next Marty or anything but they both seem to have that same will to take anything the doubters say and shove it so deep up their asses that even King Arthur couldn't pull it out.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yanni's story definately is a great one. Just a couple of years ago he was grinding it out in the AHL as an afterthought to most people and now he's set for life. He has that same kind of chip on his shoulder that Marty had. Now, I'm not saying Gourde is the next Marty or anything but they both seem to have that same will to take anything the doubters say and shove it so deep up their asses that even King Arthur couldn't pull it out.

It really irks me to see Cooper in that interview say Marschessault and Gourde were the two hardest workers at camp one year and were skilled but were eventually cut because they didn't have "size". I mean look at both of them now...

They were apparentltly best buds on Syracuse, both have "Marty" characteristics and both signed team friendly deals for the clubs that gave them a chance. Great guys to route for.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It really irks me to see Cooper in that interview say Marschessault and Gourde were the two hardest workers at camp one year and were skilled but were eventually cut because they didn't have "size". I mean look at both of them now...

They were apparentltly best buds on Syracuse, both have "Marty" characteristics and both signed team friendly deals for the clubs that gave them a chance. Great guys to route for.
I feel like drafting Drouin had some cascade effects on our team that we're still feeling. One was Marchessault - we let him go for the kid with the draft pedigree. The other is drafting Seth Jones. Imagine adding Jones to our D. So (cap permitting), we could be a team with Marchessault and Jones, but instead we have Sergachev.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I feel like drafting Drouin had some cascade effects on our team that we're still feeling. One was Marchessault - we let him go for the kid with the draft pedigree. The other is drafting Seth Jones. Imagine adding Jones to our D. So (cap permitting), we could be a team with Marchessault and Jones, but instead we have Sergachev.
I guess this is something we'll just have to deal with now. Although Marchessault and Jones would be sweet I guess having Sergachev in our back pocket isn't that bad. I'm sure he'll turn into a number one defenceman eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad