Speculation: Offseason Roster Moves

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
The Stephenson deal oofah. Hate to say it but giving a soon to be 34 year old a 5 year deal is the right decision. The Bill Belichick model of getting rid of a guy a year too soon rather a year too late has worked almost perfectly for the organization.

I thought Martinez was retiring? As a former Kings fan I love the guy but signing in a dumpster fire like Chicago seems like it will be a disaster for him. Definitely the type of defenseman they need but he's past his expiration date.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023

Okay, so we lose Marchy, miss Stamkos and Vegas signs the guy that couldn’t keep the net against Joseph Woll?
1719866357815.gif

When they announce that they’ve traded Theodore for Marner, I’m going to facepalm so hard.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I am floored he was able to get that contract.
I'm relieved we didn't match.

Okay, so we lose Marchy, miss Stamkos and Vegas signs the guy that couldn’t keep the net against Joseph Woll?View attachment 890932

When they announce that they’ve traded Theodore for Marner, I’m going to facepalm so hard.
Unfortunately I think that's coming - I'm not in favor, I don't think he's a fit for the team. He's a playmaker, we have Eichel, Karlsson and more for that we need snipers. Hopefully Brisson and Dorofeye can partially fill that role, maybe Holtz.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I'm relieved we didn't match.

Unfortunately I think that's coming - I'm not in favor, I don't think he's a fit for the team. He's a playmaker, we have Eichel, Karlsson and more for that we need snipers. Hopefully Brisson and Dorofeye can partially fill that role, maybe Holtz.

We’re in lockstep agreement there.

Trading Theodore to TML leaves VGK with about 9.5M. They’re practically telegraphing it, at least if they can dip out of more salary.

Last edited:

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada

The Samsonov deal screams that McCrimmon is banking him for a 2025 TDL trade when goalies (good, bad or ugly) are in very high demand by contenders and bubble teams that have dinged-up goalies. Our excellent goalie staff rehabilitates Samsonov, they play him against dog teams to get his numbers up, and then at the 2025 TDL they cash in. Yeah, I'd easily gamble $1.8 of the cap on that play.

Reactions: Knightmare88

VivaLasVegas

Sponsor
Jun 21, 2021
Lost Wages, Nevada
With the exception of Amadio, who apparently was overpriced according to the VGK's metrics, it seems that McCrimmon is letting go players who are past their prime (Martinez, et al.) or injury-prone (Roy & Carrier). Probably not that surprising since our fiercest opponent last year was Team Injury Bug.

Reactions: ck26

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
So we have about 3.155 million for two middle six right wing spots if Holtz, Korczak and Hutton are the extras.

Trying to swing a trade of Whitecloud/Hague for McGroarty might be something to look at. They'd have enough for a 975k extra forward and 975k for McGroarty's contract. There would still be about 3.5-4 million for someone like Tarasenko or a veteran forward, as well.

That lineup wouldn't look too bad and have a lot of youth on the wings and yet still have enough older players to lean on.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
I thought Martinez was retiring? As a former Kings fan I love the guy but signing in a dumpster fire like Chicago seems like it will be a disaster for him. Definitely the type of defenseman they need but he's past his expiration date.
One more year for $4m to skate the third pair? Yeah, CHI will probably miss the playoffs again, but Martinez has won 3 Cups, so whatever. One more year of hockey in the National league is something most wouldn't pass up.
Did our front office spend all weekend drinking?
July 1st is for the Forum Shops at Caesars. The rest of the summer is for digging through the sale racks at the Walmart on Nellis Blvd. McCrimmon already splurged this year by adding Hertl and extending Hanifin.

Reactions: VivaLasVegas

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'm gonna guess McGroarty as well (Whitecloud + Brisson going the other way) with their eyes on Buchnevich as a TDL target.

If Theodore can be re-signed at 9M or less they need to jump on it. They need to find new top 4 pairings that lessen Petro's minutes though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad