Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Dubas needs to clean house here and Sullivan can be a trade candidate to NJ, potentially Seattle or even Utah that has draft picks up the kazoo. I really don't care about the next coach as long as he is a coach that stresses a balance approach to the game. More grit and size for the Pens and get a couple wingers like Stephenson for LW. Pens adding Bunting helps and of course another physical LW who can add net presence and scoring is big. Move smith and Pens can make a nice offer for him. then get a RW who can bring the same on the third line. PP can be constructed with Karlsson running it and a healthy Rakell and Bunting to bring enough physical presence to the mix.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
You watch these games and you see the speed. Even though the games are mostly tight-checking, the quickness of play is apparent. Lots of transition, lots of stopping and starting. I don’t think there’s a team in the second round we could take to 6 games.

We’re not all that close to competing.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
You watch these games and you see the speed. Even though the games are mostly tight-checking, the quickness of play is apparent. Lots of transition, lots of stopping and starting. I don’t think there’s a team in the second round we could take to 6 games.

If Boston can be competitive with their roster. We can too.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia

Biggest difference I notice is how much more quickly they move the puck compared to the Pens.
The Pens deliberate a ton.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
1000004262.png

Only 4 coaches in the whole league who have been with their teams pre 2022. Can't help but laugh looking at those names. Sullivan is the king of right place at the right time

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I just want to know why people prioritize failures from a team.

Dubas, and now asking for a Keefe hire.

Something is not right with all this.
He's a .665 regular season coach. His ineptitude is very exaggerated.
And for all the sweating about his playoff coaching, we don't even play in those anymore. So why should we worry about that?

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Keefe will prob be here sooner than later as an assistant/associate/whatever, and I don't see the issue with that at all.
The Devils are gonna interview Keefe. If they're interested I dunno why he'd come here to be an assistant instead of being a HC over there.

Reactions: Andy99

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Keefe will prob be here sooner than later as an assistant/associate/whatever, and I don't see the issue with that at all.

From a fans perspective? No one should be mad about that because he's a good coach and should absolutely be brought in. Hell, they should just fire Sullivan for him.

From Sullivan's perspective? I think he's going to be extremely upset if they fired Rierden only to hire the guy who is breathing down Sullivan's neck to take his job. We already know that Sullivan wasn't in favor of firing Rierden, Dubas doing that and then replacing him with Keefe would not sit well with him.

With that being said, Sullivan hasn't done anything to warrant the job security he has, so if he has an issue with it, tell him to do a better job.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
There is 0% chance Keefe is not the coach of the Pens by 2026-2027. It makes too much sense.

- The Fenway boys love Sullivan
- The core loves Sullivan
- Sullivan is under contract for two years
- Keefe is getting free money for two years
- The only coach Dubas has ever hired is Keefe

Strap in.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
He's a .665 regular season coach. His ineptitude is very exaggerated.
And for all the sweating about his playoff coaching, we don't even play in those anymore. So why should we worry about that?

With a top core in place. Something doesn't quite match up. He couldn't get things done there, and yes, we should always worry about that. Just because our core is older influx of youth/skill can carry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad