Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
OK. Why do we care about his opinions? What unique perspective is he adding?

Good for him that he's built up a YouTube channel, but why should I care that he believes the Penguins should rebuild?
Well why do we care about anyone’s opinions on here or anyone else that gets tweeted then, or opinion articles that get quoted? Why do we care what Yohe thinks and he gets quoted a lot lol….

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Loyalty is all well and good. I'm not silly or callous enough to fully dismiss the warm fuzzies of abstract concepts like loyalty or momentum or camaraderie. But you're making a choice, are you doing what needs to be done to be the best team possible? Or are you doing what needs to be done to be the best team possible that works for the twilight of 87/71/58? Those are two different approaches, reaslitically.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I think the most insulting thing about that article is Yohe putting Sullivan in the same breath as Crosby, Malkin and Letang. Staying loyal to those guys for all they’ve done is one thing — they’ve earned it. Staying loyal to a coach in a league that constantly hires and fires coaches is insane.

Yup.

This organization, large swaths of the fanbase and the local journalists (or what passes for them) have elevated Mike Sullivan to the same level as franchise and hell... LEAGUE legends who actually go out there and you know... win the stuff we're all so proud of. It's insane to me. Mike Sullivan is like a peg and a half up from being a used car salesman who runs a stopwatch and spews platitudes you'd see on motivational posters in some work-hell.

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
Loyalty is all well and good. I'm not silly or callous enough to fully dismiss the warm fuzzies of abstract concepts like loyalty or momentum or camaraderie. But you're making a choice, are you doing what needs to be done to be the best team possible? Or are you doing what needs to be done to be the best team possible that works for the twilight of 87/71/58? Those are two different approaches, reaslitically.

As always, moderation is key.

I don't want to fire guys every other season, but I don't want a coach who can't even make the playoffs hanging around for 8+ years.

Reactions: Deport Ogie

BusinessGoose

May 19, 2022
St. Louis
Yohe is projecting what Sullivan feels inside

We do the same

But we're not media

He would need direct quotes from the source to type that

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
Next season the Sullivan love from the media is going to be even more unbearable.

There is going to be story after story about how Sullivan "dealt with a stressful offseason" that "tested his resilience" and "made him re-evaluate."

And then, on opening night, he'll get a massive standing ovation from Pens fans because he "cares so much" and is still "the best coach the Pens ever had."

Reactions: Fordy

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Next season the Sullivan love from the media is going to be even more unbearable.

There is going to be story after story about how Sullivan "dealt with a stressful offseason" that "tested his resilience" and "made him re-evaluate."

And then, on opening night, he'll get a massive standing ovation from Pens fans because he "cares so much" and is still "the best coach the Pens ever had."
They’ve already announced opening night will be Mike Sullivan bobble head night

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Good god, every time Johe couldn't any more of an embarrassment he proves me wrong. At this point he might as well officially become Sullivan's publicist or cheerleader. Or head lackey or whatever.

And the melodrama in his articles is off the chart - you would think that coaching is some terribly unpleasant job that Sullivan has heroically decided to do for free and we should be grateful that he condescended to do so.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Well why do we care about anyone’s opinions on here or anyone else that gets tweeted then, or opinion articles that get quoted? Why do we care what Yohe thinks and he gets quoted a lot lol….
Because Yohe and other people actually in media presumably have access to the team or inside knowledge that is not some value.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Because Yohe and other people actually in media presumably have access to the team or inside knowledge that is not some value.

Come on dude lol.. we know Yohe and none of the local people have any access…Friedman has more connections and their opinion pieces are no better than any of our opinions or The Hockey Guy for that matter…anyone who watches hockey is more qualified to opine on the Pens than Yohe or Kingerski for that matter lol

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
agree or disagree with the conclusion yohe is objectively terrible, what a hack

He definitely is.

But this is basically the level of quality we get from all of them. That's the worst part... his peers are hardly any better. And those that maybe are have bravely kept their mouths shut and the questions as fluffy as possible for literally years, now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad