Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
i8GFH3V.png

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
Seravalli is also a noted Crosby hater, there by a Penguins hater by association.

They both signed 2 year extensions at the same time. If Reirdon got fired that means he had another season left, so does Vellucci.

they both signed for 2 years in august of 2022, so yes they do need to be fired since they are employed until August 2024. kinda of semantics since that's before the season starts, but money wise does mean they will get paid for a few more months.

The GM

Jun 7, 2012
Tomorrow we should see the announcement of the Harkins contract extension, sully conceded to reirden going only if he gets to keep his boy

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Reactions: vikingGoalie

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Turning on the fans to die on the Todd Reirden hill is definitely... A choice.

Smooth move, Rob. I mean... not that any of us with a handful of brain cells to rub together took you seriously, anyhow.

With the exception of the core, there's no one in the Pens hockey world worth dying on a hill for. Outside of Sid, Mario, and Geno...nope. but we have people dying on weird hills all the f***ing time on this board so...not that uncommon.

I personally judge like count to posts ratio before I’ll even consider sex…

That bodes well for our buddy @Gurglesons.

Gurgs, you need a date this weekend?

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
With the exception of the core, there's no one in the Pens hockey world worth dying on a hill for. Outside of Sid, Mario, and Geno...nope. but we have people dying on weird hills all the f***ing time on this board so...not that uncommon.

That bodes well for our buddy @Gurglesons.

Gurgs, you need a date this weekend?

I meant the lower the discrepancy between the two, the better…so Gurgs won’t work lol

Last edited:

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
What is the point in bringing back Sullivan?
He's re-invented and established himself as a loser.
Does the organization just not care or what?
It's funny how we do literally every single thing except the 1 thing that needs to get done (new coach). We non stop dance around it, do everything else and hope to god it works out.

Like jesus, talk about obsessed.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think it was always more likely to be after at least a full year of Dubas being in charge. Dubas has always had the power to fire Sullivan, but he probably feels he needs to have shown the steps taken prior to that move in order to get full support from FSG. If this team stinks in December, he'll be able to say that they've had two full offseasons to try to reshape the team, they've added a new assistant, etc. and the results are still the same or worse, so it's time to make a grander change.
Nothing screams competent way to manage a team than keeping a coach around who has failed two years in a row by thinking you could always fire him by December if he's tanking a 3rd season.

Jesus Christ.

Mike "Its never the right time to fire him" Sullivan, ladies and gentlemen.

Sidgeni Malkby

Nov 19, 2008
NJ
I hope the Leafs win tonight, but if they don’t…

Who thinks Sheldon Keefe will be our next associate/assistant coach? At least the Leafs had a competent PP in the regular season.

I’d rather see fresh blood (Jagr for assistant coach), than a Dubas re-tread, but at least we’d have some exciting drama!

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
It's funny how we do literally every single thing except the 1 thing that needs to get done (new coach). We non stop dance around it, do everything else and hope to god it works out.

Like jesus, talk about obsessed.
I gotta hand it to Sullivan, for so effectively getting his claws into the organization where they feel like he's irreplaceable, even after 6 years since success.
Masterful work behind the scenes.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
It’s not really even hyperbolic to say Reirden might be the one guy that should take the most blame for us missing the playoffs. The real issue is why it couldn’t have happened in f***ing January.

There’s no way Sullivan is surprised or upset by it either. I mean the guy was in charge of one of the worst powerplays in the league. THE worst when factoring in chances against and the talent at his disposal. You can’t just accept that at this level. It’s like it’s either him or it’s both of you, Sully.

Also I’m just reading about Reirden. Should’ve been its own thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad