Speculation: Offseason coaching thread: Should they stay or should they go?

Coaches:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Sullivan should have been gone 4 years ago but if he fought to keep Reirden, I have no doubt he's on his last legs here. He's got 1 year to not be a moron and good luck with that

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
Todd Rierden will put on a fake long beard and a good wig and we will hire him. His name will be sum ting wong.

At times like this ol' Jack Burton always says... - GIFs - Imgur

Buddy Bizarre

Jul 9, 2021
I've posted this a million times already, but if Sullivan is seriously defending the job Reirden did last year and was trying to protect him from getting fired, the dude is an idiot and should be fired as well.

The Penguins powerplay last year had Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Guentzel and Karlsson and finished 3rd worst in the NHL. Reirden was in charge of that powerplay. How can any reasonable person be trying to fight for that guy to keep his role?

Was coming to post something similar

For all those people defending Sullivan, how can you support a coach who seriously doesn't believe the PP should be held accountable? He thinks it wasn't a problem when you can easily point to the lack of success as a direct link to not making the playoffs this year.

It is literally indefensible. But "..something something Malkin's fault"

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
The whole "power struggle" dynamic between Sullivan and Dubas almost seems like an ego problem with Sullivan where Dubas won't give him as much control/respect as Rutherford and Hextall did. JR loved Sullivan from the 2 cups and I think Hextall was too incompetent to challenge Sullivan's authority. But Dubas has no connections to those past teams, so he doesn't just worship Sullivan like the other GMs did.
I think that’s part of it. I also believe Sullivan wants to do things his way and doesn’t want any assistance who will challenge that.

I don't understand the Weekes and Seravalli tweets.

If there was going to be a change with Sullivan, it would have happened before today. Today's announcement was the conclusion to the power struggle. Maybe Dubas wanted even more changes, but they compromised on just Reirden.

I find it hard to believe that Sullivan is going to be pouting to the point where two weeks from now, he says he's had enough and steps down.
Maybe Dubas just grew a pair and fired Reirden and there was no compromise. So now Sullivan is deciding if he wants to stay

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Yohe chimes in. Take it for what it's worth.

There’s no rift between Sullivan and Dubas. It’s been reported elsewhere that there is. Those reports are laughably false.

Perhaps they didn’t agree on the Reirden decision. That’s quite possible. But I assure you they have a very good working relationship and are very much on the same page. Anything else that you read is utterly untrue.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Very happy and relieved to be wrong. With all the waiting around I thought for sure they weren't going to move on this.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox

There’s no rift between Sullivan and Dubas. It’s been reported elsewhere that there is. Those reports are laughably false.

Perhaps they didn’t agree on the Reirden decision. That’s quite possible. But I assure you they have a very good working relationship and are very much on the same page. Anything else that you read is utterly untrue.

Yohe is to Sullivan what Rossi was to Shero, Adams and Bylsma.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Taking this as a "firing" at face value, Vellucci has this upcoming season left on his contract.

Reactions: Pens x

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Sullivan has to know Dubas/Spezza are making changes and that's it. Dubas is actually acting like a boss. Imagine that.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

Sounds like someone in the org told Yohe to shutdown the rumours. Yohe is always great at revealing where his "news" is coming from

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I understand Yohe's function and I get "BUT MUH ACCESS!1!!" and all that but does he REALLY have to like... grovel? It's extremely embarrassing even vicariously.

Reactions: Rave7215

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Yohe can chime in all his wants but when has he ever had legit sources? Dude hasn't broken a single trade or signing in his Pens career that I can think of. Even Rossi has broken a few moves. If Rossi reported there was no rift I'd maybe be more inclined to believe it. Yohe though? Eh whatever.

That said Seravalli also kinda sucks.

Rave7215

Mar 12, 2010
Yohe can chime in all his wants but when has he ever had legit sources? Dude hasn't broken a single trade or signing in his Pens career that I can think of. Even Rossi has broken a few moves. If Rossi reported there was no rift I'd maybe be more inclined to believe it. Yohe though? Eh whatever.

That said Seravalli also kinda sucks.
Yohe is also a vehement Sullivan defender. Anything Yohe says I take with a grain of salt in how he is trying to cover for Sully. I think that's exactly what's happening here. Protecting Sullivan from a rapid fan base that is increasingly growing tired of his shit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad