OT: Official Sports Media Thread XI :Self-proclaimed ‘sports dork’ Michael Felger of The Sports Hub feels like he ‘will do this forever’

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Can someone summarize this? I’m not subscribing just to read it
Toucher during the 98.5 The Sports Hub morning show on Monday called Shertenlieb a “phony prick” over his Boston Bruins media post from over the weekend.

Shertenlieb in the social media post had pushed for 98.5’s Ryan Johnston to get the Bruins NESN TV gig.

“I don’t know why Ryan Johnston doesn’t have a full-time job on the radio, especially based on things that have been happening recently — and then you put a phony-baloney tweet out about Ryan Johnston should get the TV job. Why didn’t you hire him?” Toucher said about Shertenlieb during a rant Monday morning. Shertenlieb recently launched the “The Rich Shertenlieb Show” on 100.7 WZLX.

“Who are you talking to?” co-host Rob “Hardy” Poole asked Toucher.

“You’re not as obsessed as I am,” Toucher responded. “There was a typical, a typical ‘love me, love me, love me.’ Well then, why didn’t you hire him if you love him so much?

“So here’s the deal, you phony prick,” Toucher added. “… Is that not typical behavior? If you’re gonna cover your face, is that not prototypical, that’s his behavior.”

Reactions: sooshii and Alicat

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Toucher during the 98.5 The Sports Hub morning show on Monday called Shertenlieb a “phony prick” over his Boston Bruins media post from over the weekend.

Shertenlieb in the social media post had pushed for 98.5’s Ryan Johnston to get the Bruins NESN TV gig.

“I don’t know why Ryan Johnston doesn’t have a full-time job on the radio, especially based on things that have been happening recently — and then you put a phony-baloney tweet out about Ryan Johnston should get the TV job. Why didn’t you hire him?” Toucher said about Shertenlieb during a rant Monday morning. Shertenlieb recently launched the “The Rich Shertenlieb Show” on 100.7 WZLX.

“You’re not as obsessed as I am,” Toucher responded. “There was a typical, a typical ‘love me, love me, love me.’ Well then, why didn’t you hire him if you love him so much?

“So here’s the deal, you phony prick,” Toucher added. “… Is that not typical behavior? If you’re gonna cover your face, is that not prototypical, that’s his behavior.”

So glad I’ve listened to less than 5 minutes of that abhorrent train wreck since they started.

Reactions: Gordoff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Good on Fred. He’s spot on

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The McAfee thing has been entirely overblown. He had Clark on the show, he has nothing against her. He was verbalizing what actual WNBA players think about Clark. He wasn't saying it from his perspective. Better off avoiding it entirely but people are coming at him like that's his view of her.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Is there any way to get the NESN app at a discount? Promo codes etc.

Anyone get it and know the 4 free Red Sox tickets? I’d jump on this if I could get the Yankees series next weekend or the games the weekend Widespread Panic is at MGM since I want to go in before the shows.

I’m ready to nuke cable to the moon. I guess no Celtics regular season since nbcsn. Doesn’t have one? All the playoff and big games are on national tv anyway.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The annual plan appeals to me tbh if those sox tickets aren’t bait and switch bs. I don’t sit in the seats I buy ever at Fenway. I don’t want NESN hitting my bank account monthly either just swallow the pill 1 time a year.

If I didn't get the NESN360 for free, there's no way I'd pay for it. The reliability of the feed rivals that of Comcast's cable signal, which is not a good thing. Last season there were Bruins games where I'd find myself swapping between Comcast cable, NESN360, and Xfinity's streaming app trying to find a decent picture that's not dropping out or pixelating like crazy.

Ironically, Xfinity's "Beta" streaming app was the most reliable.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
If I didn't get the NESN360 for free, there's no way I'd pay for it. The reliability of the feed rivals that of Comcast's cable signal, which is not a good thing. Last season there were Bruins games where I'd find myself swapping between Comcast cable, NESN360, and Xfinity's streaming app trying to find a decent picture that's not dropping out or pixelating like crazy.

Ironically, Xfinity's "Beta" streaming app was the most reliable.
The xfinity stream beta worked well for a while but my TV must have updated it to just the regular xfinity stream and it's hit or miss on my Samsung Q series. Sometimes when I try and load the app it just gives me the spinning circle of death and it reaches a point where I know it's not going to load/work and it doesn't even let me exit 'trying' the app if I try while the loading obviously has failed. I usually end up having to unplug the stupid tv for a minute because it gets all glitched out if I don't.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
The xfinity stream beta worked well for a while but my TV must have updated it to just the regular xfinity stream and it's hit or miss on my Samsung Q series. Sometimes when I try and load the app it just gives me the spinning circle of death and it reaches a point where I know it's not going to load/work and it doesn't even let me exit 'trying' the app if I try while the loading obviously has failed. I usually end up having to unplug the stupid tv for a minute because it gets all glitched out if I don't.

I use it on a Roku Ultra streamer, works well. I also had it on a Fire TV, it was hit or miss. The Nesn360 app on the Fire TV was useless. Couldn't go a day without having to log back in. It never remembered the account.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Same TV and same problems I've had almost no issues with the Xfinity app used it on my big TV but Ironically it stopped working yesterday so just plugged the box during the Celtics. Waited too long to pay and woke up with no internet again. Saw the bill was 30 higher before the disconnect charges and I'm done. I should save $100/month now and get Hulu with no adds and ESPN+.

Its time to replace some non smart TVs so I won't even bother looking for ones compatable with the Xfinity app I'm just gonna dump it. Hearing too many good things about the T Mobile home wifi.

ESPN+ won't make me go through the cable subscriber thing anymore I assume. I used to get stuck there all the time after verifying my Xfinity subscription and hten the game I wanted to watch wouldn't load and even deleting and re installing the app didn't work.

The $329 for NESN will be worth it immediately if I can pick out a game I want to attend.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Same TV and same problems I've had almost no issues with the Xfinity app used it on my big TV but Ironically it stopped working yesterday so just plugged the box during the Celtics. Waited too long to pay and woke up with no internet again. Saw the bill was 30 higher before the disconnect charges and I'm done. I should save $100/month now and get Hulu with no adds and ESPN+.

Its time to replace some non smart TVs so I won't even bother looking for ones compatable with the Xfinity app I'm just gonna dump it. Hearing too many good things about the T Mobile home wifi.

ESPN+ won't make me go through the cable subscriber thing anymore I assume. I used to get stuck there all the time after verifying my Xfinity subscription and hten the game I wanted to watch wouldn't load and even deleting and re installing the app didn't work.

The $329 for NESN will be worth it immediately if I can pick out a game I want to attend.
It's a shame that Hulu doesn't carry NESN but im assuming it's too expensive for them to bother to carry. I watch Pats/Celtics games there.

Yes I know Fubo carries NESN but I tried that and I wasn't a fan of the quality.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA

Just be prepared for the lack of quality of the thing. You will get to tell us if you got what you paid for.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
I think we are very close to seeing NESN and NBC Sports Boston merge with the Celtics getting the same equity in the new channel as the Bruins. I believe the NESN name would continue with the peacock added to the logo similar to NECN ( New England Cable News)

NESN could then close down Watertown as the NBC studios in Needham can easily handle the new channel.

Comcast has the Ace of Spades as they control distribution in Eastern Mass and Southern NH and they know it and so does Werner.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think we are very close to seeing NESN and NBC Sports Boston merge with the Celtics getting the same equity in the new channel as the Bruins. I believe the NESN name would continue with the peacock added to the logo similar to NECN ( New England Cable News)

NESN could then close down Watertown as the NBC studios in Needham can easily handle the new channel.

Comcast has the Ace of Spades as they control distribution in Eastern Mass and Southern NH and they know it and so does Werner.
Would this make it to Hulu in your opinion?

In the next 12 months?

I really want to turn in the box tomorrow and move on from Xfinity after another unexpected 30 dollar a month increase.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

In the next 12 months?

I really want to turn in the box tomorrow and move on from Xfinity after another unexpected 30 dollar a month increase.
not just Comcast to consider if the merger happens since Charter has to agree to carry the channel which in some markets still have the same channel in multiple locations..... between SD/HD....some have the same channel in 3 locations between SD/HD

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

In the next 12 months?

Is there a way to record games on any of the streaming services?

I rarely get to watch a Bruins game in real time, so I’ll be using cable until/unless a streaming service gives me every game (or at least 90% of them) and the ability to record and watch at my leisure.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007

How would they handle nights where both Bruins and Celtics are playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad