OT: Official Sports Media Thread VI - Doc Emrick wins play by play Emmy for 6th consecutive year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Bruins & Celtics in playoffs
Kentucky Derby
Red Sox getting mojo back

Gerry talking about Trump, Obama and Cora not going to WH

And they wonder why they are in trouble
When I woke up this morning and turned it on they were talking all 3 points you stated.

But now it is the other stuff and Reimer screaming.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When I woke up this morning and turned it on they were talking all 3 points you stated.

But now it is the other stuff and Reimer screaming.
I gave them 15 minutes and that’s what I got

Politics is easy for me I’m a moderate with conservative views but I’m open minded and a character/intelligence chooser - must be the Libra in me. Big I for me.

But Callahan doesn’t shut the f*** up

He’s the only person ever to block me on twitter

Why I like Toucher & Rich - they can be silly but the show is light upbeat and they have guests on

I’m no fan of WEEI 2-6 as Christian hates hockey, and Ordway only seems to want to talk about Celtics & Kraft’s junk

Zolak & Bertrand is brutal

Felger since the Halliday gaffe has been significantly better

Before he seemed like the job was a burden now he’s very entertaining

I don’t agree with some of his hockey takes but he’s not a phony when it comes to the Bruins

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I gave them 15 minutes and that’s what I got

Politics is easy for me I’m a moderate with conservative views - must be the Libra in me. Big I for me.

But Callahan doesn’t shut the **** up

He’s the only person ever to block me on twitter

Why I like Toucher & Rich - they can be silly but the show is light upbeat and they have guests on

I’m no fan of WEEI 2-6 as Christian hates hockey, and Ordway only seems to want to talk about Celtics & Kraft’s junk

Zolak & Bertrand is brutal

Felger since the Halliday gaffe has been significantly better

Before he seemed like the job was a burden now he’s very entertaining

I don’t agree with some of his hockey takes but he’s not a phony when it comes to the Bruins
One thing is for certain both stations have shows and hosts that drive everyone nuts. We need both to stick around to keep them in check. WEEI was on quite a high horse on the AM dial before the Hub showed up on FM

Reactions: rfournier103

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
One thing is for certain both stations have shows and hosts that drive everyone nuts. We need both to stick around to keep them in check. WEEI was on quite a high horse on the AM dial before the Hub showed up on FM
Absolutely

I want them both to succeed

I find some of the weekend hosts like Mike McCarthy very good

aguineapig

Way back before the inta-net, in the day of stone tablets and rabbit ears we used to get the three Boston channels up here in the woods of Maine. B's info was found on these outlets and Mike Lynch and Clark Booth were indispensable.
Channel 4 had Lobel and Neumie they were always good but the comedy angle was always too annoying. Channel 7 had a young Jack Edwards and John Dennis was quite good as well. But Channel 5 was the go to as Clark Booth was the Bruin Poet Laureate of the day, many a season wrap up with he and Lynch and then the trek into the summer and the weekly Sunday Hockey note columns in the Globe and Herald, and the three monthly editions of The Hockey News were eagerly anticipated for any tidbits of Bruin doings. Oh yeah and NESN summer cooler on Friday Night!

Reactions: GordonHowe

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Way back before the inta-net, in the day of stone tablets and rabbit ears we used to get the three Boston channels up here in the woods of Maine. B's info was found on these outlets and Mike Lynch and Clark Booth were indispensable.
Channel 4 had Lobel and Neumie they were always good but the comedy angle was always too annoying. Channel 7 had a young Jack Edwards and John Dennis was quite good as well. But Channel 5 was the go to as Clark Booth was the Bruin Poet Laureate of the day, many a season wrap up with he and Lynch and then the trek into the summer and the weekly Sunday Hockey note columns in the Globe and Herald, and the three monthly editions of The Hockey News were eagerly anticipated for any tidbits of Bruin doings. Oh yeah and NESN summer cooler on Friday Night!

Clark knew more about the Bruins than anyone except for Fred Cusick

Last edited:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Turned on WEEI and heard Alex Reimer *click*

I'm still holding out hope that Kirk will come back sometime within the next year
Reimer is horrible as is keefe.
There has to be better personalities out there to talk sports
Keefe is all giddy in regards to the Red Sox Whitehouse visit

aguineapig

That sir is a history lesson all fans should partake in. Where did the nicknames go? "Dutch" Gainor, "Cooney"Weiland,"Tiny" Thompson. The pirouette that Cash did at Madison Square in 72 clincher.The highlights of Bobby with Fred at the mic, that total knee on knee was that Bill Barber? You son if a bitch always hated Flyers then still do. The sight of Cheesy holding back and choking back tears after too many men.All the years of being under Habs thumbs finally 88 Reggie, Cam, Raymond and Stump Burridge "45 YEARS IS DUST!" it was my cup of the 80's. Clark Booth was a encyclopedia

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I liked him a s a coach,like him as a commentator and feel he was somewhat misjudged as a GM. He's explained before how non hockey guy Charles Wang would override his decisions on signings/non signings. There's enough to say Mike failed a s a GM,but not enough to know the real reasons why.

I'd really like to know. Because I thought at the time, with all of those hare-brained moves, "Mike isn't that foolish, is he?" I think Butch Goring told Wong (or one of his underlings), "Don't trade Chara. It would be a great mistake." Supposedly, Wong or whomever metaphorically (or literally) laughed in his face.

And that's the way that one went. PS I'm glad Lou & Trotz are there.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I remember it all, though not always fondly. The B's were number three in a four team town, Number four? The Patriots.

I took the Hockey News, too. 28 teams or whatever it was and a page if lucky on the B's. And KPD? 'Nuff said.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I'd really like to know. Because I thought at the time, with all of those hare-brained moves, "Mike isn't that foolish, is he?" I think Butch Goring told Wong (or one of his underlings), "Don't trade Chara. It would be a great mistake." Supposedly, Wong or whomever metaphorically (or literally) laughed in his face.

And that's the way that one went. PS I'm glad Lou & Trotz are there.
Milbury is on record speaking of the interference by Wang.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Are there any podcasts or other stations besides 98.5 and weei that talk bruins?

98.5 took about an hour of Celtics bullshit before they talked the bruins series win. Now they’re mostly talking about Marchand and whether or not his interview was rude

Hnidy Hnight

Dec 21, 2006
North of Boston, MA
Looking at that video, shows how far along the Patriots have come. I'm guessing this is late 80s/early 90s? The vid only had one clip of Pats players. Now it would be 75% Pats (unfortunately).

After some investigating, I’m thinking late 1993.

Tom coughlin was still BC head coach in it (but left after 1993), Patriots had the elvis logos (seen in the hats) beginning in 1993, and Dee Brown’s jersey had the black shoulder patch for Reggie Lewis (died summer 1993)

Babajingo

After some investigating, I’m thinking late 1993.

Tom coughlin was still BC head coach in it (but left after 1993), Patriots had the elvis logos (seen in the hats) beginning in 1993, and Dee Brown’s jersey had the black shoulder patch for Reggie Lewis (died summer 1993)

Good investigating. I would've thought Roger would be gone by then. Was a long time ago. There were more clips of a street hockey game and college crew, than the Pats. Guess it would all change that fall, with Parcells and Bledsoe.

Reactions: Hnidy Hnight

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I am completely behind the idea of getting more females involved in hockey as analysts and reporters. I love watching Kendall Coyne play, as she’s a very good hockey player.

That said, listening to her on NHL Network is painful, and she would not be my first choice (or 2nd, 3rd, 4th) to further the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad