***Official Panic Thread: 2012-2013 Season***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
We'll miss the playoffs by one point because of that hackjob ******** interference penalty against Montreal. It's just how the universe works.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The Sens making the playoffs with the injuries they've had is damned near miraculous. If they do miss it will be disapointing because they've held the spot for so long, but c'est la vie. They still control their own destiny

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
We'll miss the playoffs by one point because of that hackjob ******** interference penalty against Montreal. It's just how the universe works.

If we miss the playoffs, it'll be because the team failed to show up when it had to. Every team has unlucky breaks that lose them games. It's not a unique situation that only happens to the Sens.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
If we miss the playoffs, it'll be because the team failed to show up when it had to. Every team has unlucky breaks that lose them games. It's not a unique situation that only happens to the Sens.

As soon as that phantom call cost us a point it was destined to matter. Most teams would have been able to hold on to a ****ing 9 point cushion but here we are.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
The Sens making the playoffs with the injuries they've had is damned near miraculous. If they do miss it will be disapointing because they've held the spot for so long, but c'est la vie. They still control their own destiny
Decided to bold the part of your post that was true

Anyways I'm not panicking. I faith in them.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
As soon as that phantom call cost us a point it was destined to matter. Most teams would have been able to hold on to a ****ing 9 point cushion but here we are.

Lots of things can be singled out. What about MacLean not calling a timeout after that icing call late in that Buffalo game? What about Goncher deciding to reach out with his stick late in the Tampa game?

Lots of points were thrown away during that road trip.

jg729

Oct 25, 2011
Toronto
We need Karlsson & Spezza to play NOW!!

Coming back before they're ready may risk re-injury, but with 3 games left, THIS IS OUR SEASON.

Karlsson has to come back for sure on Thursday.

Spezza... well, if he can skate & practice, he should play.

booger

Oct 5, 2009
Oakville
Look at that three game losing streak vs. a bunch of poor teams. If we miss, it'll be because of that.

And I attribute this to youth and inexperience. The Pens may have iced their 'C' team, but even that team has more experience than us. We need to be reminded of how many rookies we are icing. We're feeling the downs of the rebuild process.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Coming back before they're ready may risk re-injury, but with 3 games left, THIS IS OUR SEASON.

Karlsson has to come back for sure on Thursday.

Spezza... well, if he can skate & practice, he should play.

Umm no. Bringing them back to extend a series to maybe 7 games is not worth long term risk. They are the most important pieces (and Andy) to this team.

Topside

Jul 2, 2009
Lots of things can be singled out. What about MacLean not calling a timeout after that icing call late in that Buffalo game? What about Goncher deciding to reach out with his stick late in the Tampa game?

Lots of points were thrown away during that road trip.

I mean karmically **** like that is always destined to matter. Go back and read the posts when it happened. People were saying the same thing. It's one point but there's no way it's not going to matter. ****ing hockey gods man.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
I think we should all go back to the EK/Spezza injury threads for some perspective. This team has battled through a ton of adversity all season long. I'm not one to start doubting them now, let alone call them losers/failures/etc.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
Positive outlook...

So, just for fun, I've decided to take all the negative statements and turn them into positive. It worked for George Constanza.

I've been panicking for a few days :rant:

No problem, we got this...

LOL, this team is terrible. Ever since we got ride of Daug this team forgot how to play hockey. Pittsburgh dresses half an AHL team and we can't do ****. Jesus christ. And Turris needs to go. He's brutal. Our forwards can't even score FFS.

I'm pissed.

This team is awesome. Turris will get it going. He rocks. Our forwards do need to pick it up a bit.

I'm melo

The Buffalo, Florida, and TB losses were panic time. Now it's renew your membership time.

The losses against the lesser teams happen. It's all good.

We need to win the Washington and Philly games or we're done. Jets arent gonna lose, and no chance we beat Boston especially if our season comes down to that game.

We still have a game in hand, and the Jets will probably lose against the Capitals. One win, and we're gold. Boston will be dog tired by Sunday..we're in. Book it!

Our forward group is pathetic to watch...nobody can pass or receive a pass...the board play needs to stop...playing the perimeter when only like 2 guys can take a decent shot with little time is useless...no drive in their game at all...and yes Kyle Turd-is sucks at hockey. I'm not putting this loss on Anderson...what team expects to win scoring one frigging goal...oh yeah and our PP is atrocious!

Our forward good is young. They've done a pretty good job this season. We need to get a more traffic in front, and Turris looks good, and knows how to play hockey at a high level. Our PP will end the season on a high note.

it's that time folks

john-goodman-table-flip-o.gif

It's that time folks. Break out the car flags.

We'll make the playoffs by a point. The universe always seems to even out.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Have no fear guys. I created this account to tell you all. Washington will beat winnipeg tommoro and We will beat a insanely tired boston team at the end of the season.

Legend Killer

Nov 15, 2007
If we miss the playoffs it will be because of our piss poor record against the Leafs... 1-4 against our biggest rival is terrrrrrrible

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
I don't think we will miss the playoffs but there is a good chance we finish 8th which is not good. Senators next 3 games ; Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, all on the road

The New York Islanders next 3 games; Carolina, Philadelphia,Buffalo, all on the road
The New York Rangers next 3 games; @Florida, @Carolina, New Jersey

Winnipeg Jets next 3 games; @Washington and Montreal

Again, there is a good chance we make the playoffs because Winnipeg will have a hard time against the Capitals and Canadiens. We should worry more about getting out of that eight spot.

Dont Panic

peter67

Oct 16, 2012
Nepean
And if we make the playoffs? Round #1 against Pittsburgh with Crosby and friends. If we miss out, I'll cheer for Binghampton.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I don't think we will miss the playoffs but there is a good chance we finish 8th which is not good. Senators next 3 games ; Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, all on the road

The New York Islanders next 3 games; Carolina, Philadelphia,Buffalo, all on the road
The New York Rangers next 3 games; @Florida, @Carolina, New Jersey

Winnipeg Jets next 3 games; @Washington and Montreal

Again, there is a good chance we make the playoffs because Winnipeg will have a hard time against the Capitals and Canadiens. We should worry more about getting out of that eight spot.

Dont Panic

We play Philly in Ottawa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad