*Official Moncton Wildcats 2014-15 Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
You didn't say they are supposed to acquire Cortese for a 4th and 6th and didn't happen.. Now him??

I did say that , the Talbot Tassi hint comes from Neil Hodge.

Roger Shannon mentions the 20 year old slot will likely be addressed by the end of the month. I'm assuming BLB dropped their price otherwise they would have went with Cortese , especially for free.

M-A LeBlanc

Jun 24, 2013
depends who will be going to training camp for Cape Breton. i want moncton to win, but Cape Breton will have their 2 russians.

M-A LeBlanc

Jun 24, 2013
on the QMJHL website you can watch all the games for free as a preview for the month of september. or im sure you can google it.

M-A LeBlanc

Jun 24, 2013
hearing from twitter search that Talbot-Tassi will be joining the wildcats when Daniel Walcott returns from the NYR.

Islanders78

Jul 15, 2012
QMJHL_FanHouse ‏
@QMJHL_FanHouse

@monctonwildcats add Dominic Talbot-Tassi to the lineup for a 3rd rd pick in 2016. Talbot-Tassi has been rumored to Moncton while now. #done

zeropotentate

Dec 4, 2012
Ontario
I'm watching the feed of the Moncton-SJ game, and the Lalonde-Askew-Garland line has been pretty dominant (is that because SJ isn't playing well? I am not so sure)

Anyway, Garland is looking really good. He has really good vision, and is possessing the puck really good. I was impressed with him last year, and he really looks good this year

edit: first part was in the second period, but in the third this line was sluggish, especially Askew with some sloppy giveaways at the blueline, and I think they were on for both of SJ's shorthanded goals. After a dominant second, their power-play really dried up for these players. When they are on their game they are good, but when they are sluggish as they are now, Moncton will have some troubles until Barbashev and Tkachev come back

Last edited:

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
I'm glad Garland is apparently looking good. I hope he works on his shot because I thought it was horrible last year.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
Mikaël Lalancette ‏@mlalancettetva 39s

Dominic Talbot-Tassi passera aux Wildcats contre un choix de 3e tour en 2016 dès le retour de Daniel Walcott à BLB.

Big and much needed addition on the blueline.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
After the first couple of games , I'd like to see the lines like ...

Dubeau

Sweeney Talbot-Tassi
Johnston Malatesta
Holwell Klebanskj

Murphy Barbashev Tkachev
Lalonde Askew Garland
Smith Johnson Olivier
Leger Bower Cormier/Cobham

M-A LeBlanc

Jun 24, 2013
yeah ive heard they will put Smith with the russians, and i would not want to have Leger on the 4th line. so making these lines like this: Smith-Barbashev-Tkachev,
Lalonde-Askew-Garland,
Leger-Johnson-Murphy
Oliver-Cormier-Bower
Sweeney-Talbot-Tassi,
Johnston-Malatesta
Holwell-Klebanskj

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
People in Edmonton are over the moon impressed with Tkachev. Some are saying he could score 120 pts in the Q this season.

I like Tkachev too but that's a little too ambitious. Moncton historically speaking is too defensive minded to allow a player to score at such a pace

To put things in perspective. 120 pts is a franchise record. The last player to score 100 pts was Phillipe Dupuis in 05-06 as a 20 yr old.

The hype is strong with this one.

WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jun 30, 2009
Atlantic Canada
People in Edmonton are over the moon impressed with Tkachev. Some are saying he could score 120 pts in the Q this season.

I like Tkachev too but that's a little too ambitious. Moncton historically speaking is too defensive minded to allow a player to score at such a pace

To put things in perspective. 120 pts is a franchise record. The last player to score 100 pts was Phillipe Dupuis in 05-06 as a 20 yr old.

Although I agree with 120 being a bit out of reach , Moncton is much more offensive minded since Darren Rumble has taken over. Danny Flynn was the defensive guru and is now an Assistant with the Sabres. Tkachev and Barbabshev have amazing chemistry , maybe not 120 points but I could see 100.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal

Tkachev's already missed two games, will miss more if you guys invite him to main camp. He should also miss a couple of games for the WJCs.

So even if healthy, he'll play a maximum of 60 games, and you expect him to get 120 pts? That's Drouin/Radulov territory. Doubt he does it, to be honest.

100 is reachable, but even that will be very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad