Music: Official Metal Thread VII

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Best of 2019:
The city of Philadelphia.

Seriously. Pissgrave, Crypt Sermon, Devil Master, Infernal Stronghold, Plague Dogs, Bloodspore, Moros, Skaphe...

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
To anyone who likes prog metal, Los Angeles's Intronaut just dropped info on their new album. First single is really good and different. I kind of felt the last 2-3 albums have been getting less heavy and more stonery. Good start.

Communal Blood

Jun 1, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
With 2019 winding down, here are my top 10 metal albums this year (in no particular order):

Obsequiae - The Palms of Sorrowed Kings
Misþyrming - Algleymi
Cult of Luna - A Dawn to Fear
Crypt Sermon - The Ruins of Fading Light
Traveler - Traveler
Blood Incantation - Hidden History of the Human Race
Teitanblood - The Baneful Choir
False - Portent
Tomb Mold - Planetary Clairvoyance
Alcest - Spiritual Instinct

HM:

Saor - Forgotten Paths
Fuming Mouth - The Grand Descent
Downfall of Gaia - Ethic of Radical Finitude
Pissgrave - Posthumous Humiliation

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I liked Algleymi a lot but not quite as much as their first album. Might have to do with the vocalist sounding differently.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
That Yellow Eyes album is so good.

Probably gonna get ripped, but I didn't care for the BI album much. I may need to give it a few more spins. I thought it was fine, but I've seen so much over the top praise for it.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Saw these 2 bands last week. Just got into Shadow of Intent and have been an Inferi fan for a while. A lot of tech death bores me, but not these two.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Very sad to hear about Sean Reinert. Saw him a couple times with Cynic. Chatted briefly—just seemed like a sincerely nice dude who was passionate about music. He was a big part of Gordian Knot (my favorite stuff ever). Really liked Aghora too, and of course the Human album by Death.

Peart a couple weeks ago. Reinert. Just saw a headline that the Corrosion of Conformity drummer died. Christ what a miserable month for music.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad