OT: Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

Ah yes, "Jonathan Anyname", the most celebrated Sen every to wear #17...

Reminds me of a cool story. There was an eBay shop a few years back that used to sell super cheap error jerseys. There was a webshop somewhere that wasn't designed properly: it had a drop-menu for roster players when doing jersey customization, so you could look up players on a team by jersey number, but that was apparently only for numbers - you STILL had to enter the player name, the website wasn't intuitive, and didn't auto-fill the name section, so if you didn't know that and skipped the name part (assuming that when you picked the player, you picked both the name and number), you'd get stuck with the boilerplate name - "ANYNAME".

Like, for example: Little Timmy wants a Crosby jersey, so dad gets on the internet and goes to this site. Finds a Penguins jersey, and in the customization section under "number", picks the "87 CROSBY" option, and hits "submit". Because he didn't ALSO spell out the name in the name section, it got sent to him as a #87 ANYNAME Penguins jersey.

These clearance jerseys were stupidly cheap... I bought like 15 of them, they went for maybe $25 each? Brand new popular player jerseys with "ANYNAME" on the back: a Flames #12 "ANYNAME". Tampa Bay #26 "ANYNAME", Bluejackets #61 "ANYNAME", etc... so I just stripped all the namebars and put on the real player namebars. Since I was cresting jerseys at the time and had all the twill at home, it cost me pennies (just my time, basically).

I miss those days...

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I think they are jerseys from cancelled/bounced orders that had the name plates stripped off. Judging by the product description, you can get any name, you just have to stick to the number.

Kuba wore 17. So they probably had a Kuba jersey sitting in their warehouse for years and stripped the name plate.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
Too bad its gone.
Hoping someone here got it?
I was almost ready to buy it last night but couldnt justify what would have been $65 CAN shipped for a Legwand jersey. My wife seems to think 30+ Senators jerseys is enough already:shakehead
I thought of removing the numbers and being able to use it as a Turris jersey but it probably would have been more of a headache than spending the extra money.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
I wish the Senators would do an obscure name plate change program.

Either at cost, or for free, let fans update their name plates on McGratten or Kuba jerseys. It would be great publicity for the Sens store, and would probably make the combines 5 fans who own those jerseys very happy.

As far as stripping to make a Turris, for a replica, that's not really cost effective.

Blank home and away jerseys often pop up on Kijiji or eBay for very little. If you have the means to strip and reposition numbers on a jersey, it means you could probably press and sew a fresh kit and it would look as good as what you would have done with a stripped number. Stahls sells kits for 35 or so dollars+shipping.

You could probably stumble upon a blank home or away jersey for 20-60 bucks. Give it a good wash.....and you're good to go.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I liek having jerseys from players that have moved on. I bought a Spezza jersey for half the price after he was traded. **** it, i was always a fan of the guy.

Apr 4, 2003
Embrun, ON
$65 that can go to a new MacArthur jersey!

Great call - a new Grizz jersey!!

picture.php

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
So I am thinking of selling a 'Heritage Classic' (white) and a Heritage (black) jersey.
The white jersey is XL and has been put on one time. Looks new. The black is a L and shows some pilling but no tears/rips etc and I would say it is in good to excellent condition.
Both are Reebok replicas (not Asian knockoffs) and have no name or number (blank) as my wife didn't know what player I would want to have.
I could bring them in somewhere to be customized but I think buying a customized jersey online just seems easier. (I live in BC)
Would anyone here have any interest in buying or trading?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
You can get it done for ~$30 at Clubhouse.

It's not a bank-breaking thing.

I dunno, that's like six five dollar subs for a name plate change. That's a lot of sandwich.

Yeah, I know it's pretty accessible to have a name plate swap done. But I've heard of teams doing it as a promotion for fans with new players who share numbers of former players. It'd be a good promotion considering I doubt there are many Kuba jerseys floating around.

Last edited:

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hey, does anyone know if Sports Experts still have the White Heritage jersey on sale? I know it was 50% off at one point.

Being in Indonesia, I can't go check myself... but if they're still on sale, I'm going to ask my brother to pick one up for me.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Hey, does anyone know if Sports Experts still have the White Heritage jersey on sale? I know it was 50% off at one point.

Being in Indonesia, I can't go check myself... but if they're still on sale, I'm going to ask my brother to pick one up for me.

Yes they do.

They have a boatload of Spezza and surprisingly Bobby Ryan (maybe they ordered a lot of him).

There's was also a white Edge 1.0 Zibanejad last time I was at the St.Laurent location a few weeks back.......not sure if it's half off, but if it is half off it would be $200.

Sport Chek then has 70 dollar Nike Canada Olympic jerseys as well, they also have a coupon for 10 percent off on their site.

edit: Both Rideau and St.Laurent have them in stock last time I checked (1-2 weeks)

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
Yes they do.

They have a boatload of Spezza and surprisingly Bobby Ryan (maybe they ordered a lot of him).

There's was also a white Edge 1.0 Zibanejad last time I was at the St.Laurent location a few weeks back.......not sure if it's half off, but if it is half off it would be $200.

Sport Chek then has 70 dollar Nike Canada Olympic jerseys as well, they also have a coupon for 10 percent off on their site.

edit: Both Rideau and St.Laurent have them in stock last time I checked (1-2 weeks)

50% off for authentic or replicas?
Do they just have Spezza and Ryan in the white heritage for that promo?
Anyone want to pick me up a jersey and ship it to BC?

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
50% off for authentic or replicas?
Do they just have Spezza and Ryan in the white heritage for that promo?
Anyone want to pick me up a jersey and ship it to BC?

They are clearance jerseys. So players/quantity/size varies per store. I've been to both Rideau and St.Laurent over the last two weeks. I've not seen any other players other than Ryan and Spezza, but that doesn't mean another location doesn't have any. I think they are 110+tax after the discount.

I recall seeing Spezza third jerseys for half price as well.

They are Reebok Premier. But the Heritage Classic jerseys are a bit nicer than regular Premier jerseys. They use air knit instead of the usual Premier material. They have the felt factory customization for the name/numbers.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

There are some pictures from Jersey Baron of the same factory customised model.

sensfan44

peacetowersens
Aug 12, 2007
Chilliwack BC
Visit site
Thanks for the info.
I checked the Sports Experts website but they dont even list any Senators merchandise?
I wonder if they would ship to BC? I could call in with a credit card and pay for shipping as $110 is a pretty good deal. Id be happy with a replica, but at that price an authentic is a cant miss!

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
I liek having jerseys from players that have moved on. I bought a Spezza jersey for half the price after he was traded. **** it, i was always a fan of the guy.

Same here, and obviously if you collect every jersey since the Sens Inaugural Season (like myself), you don't have a choice. I can't put a Karlsson on a '95 jersey or a Lazar on '92 jersey, ect...

It's more of a Historical thing for me! :nhl
Thanks for the info.
I checked the Sports Experts website but they dont even list any Senators merchandise?
I wonder if they would ship to BC? I could call in with a credit card and pay for shipping as $110 is a pretty good deal. Id be happy with a replica, but at that price an authentic is a cant miss!

Better off to keep checking Ebay!

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Thanks for the info.

100 percent sure they don't carry authentic Heritage jerseys. The Zibanejad authentic I saw seemed to be the only one in the store, and it was a white Edge 1.0 with the Reebok logo and not the word mark, so it was probably stock that has been sitting around for a few years since they stopped producing jerseys with the Reebok logo in I think 2011.

It is clearance, so it's probably not on their site. Stock varies depending on which store you go to. I have no idea if they'd do it by phone, I guess it's worth a shot if you really want one.

Keep in mind, Ice Jerseys has Karlsson and Ryan jerseys in stock. They are cheaper initially at 180 (vs 220 at Sports Experts). I think they already did 30 percent off this summer, but around this time last year I recall them having a really good sale. Keep an eye on their Twitter, maybe they'll have another summer sale.

At 30 percent off w/free shipping it would be in the same price range, maybe even a bit cheaper than than getting one at Sports Experts and paying 15 bucks to have it shipped to BC.

On an unrelated note. There is a Turris playoff gamer on Kijiji for $600 or best offer. No idea if that's a good price as I don't collect gamers.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
No need to e-mail the guy, I just posted the link because it's maybe the funniest listing I've seen since the guy whose girlfriend "forced" him to buy a Senators jersey and then broke up with him.

He's got it bad enough if he's a Leafs fan.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad