Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Florida IMO has a better top group of forwards than the Canes. I like the Canes defense corps better than theirs but missing Pesce and all the man to man stuff that is Brind'amour's system hurt them against us. Bobrovsky is better than Andersen.

I mean I'd take Barkov over Aho easily if given the choice. Aho's a great player but Barkov edges him on offense and kills him in two way play. I'd also take both Reinhart and Verhaeghe over any of Carolina's scoring wingers Guentzel, Jarvis, Necas, Svechnikov. Reinhart had 54 goals this year and Verhaeghe is also deadly in kind of a Marchessault way....he gets goals when you really really need them. Carolina has no one like Tkachuk who in some respects is like a modern day Messier. A mean, nasty, big physical point producing forward and pretty much their leader who sets the tone for how that team plays. He's a real leader type. They're a more physical team than Carolina too. As we've seen with Bennett he can be pretty nasty. Tkachuk fits that too. Lomberg however much he plays. Cousins is a real agitator. Almost everyone on their team hits every chance they get and it was like that in their series against Boston. Going into the last game in that series the two teams had gone over 500 hits already in the series.

All that said I think the Panthers do have vulnerabilities that could play into the Rangers hands if the Rangers play up to their abilities. The Panthers physical game will mean there will be penalties and making them pay will be important for us.

It's kind of funny that their main additions at the deadline were two guys we added last year when we got bounced in the first round by the Devils. They're both pretty decent adds but I don't see either being big difference makers. They weren't for us and so far they haven't been for them.
I felt that Carolina "almost" matched our speed and their tenacity was better than ours. Shesty was better, PP & PK was ours but with Florida that "might be" a wash. I think we have from top to bottom more talent, but what will be the decided advantage is our team speed. I can see us having numerous breakaways and 2 on 1's. Guess we will see.

Reactions: eco's bones

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I’m just going to get all my sins out on paper so I can start to heal.

I was also dead set that I was selling my game 7 tickets because I was SO sure there was no way they’re winning game 7.

That’s right. They’re not winning game 7. Because Kreider is a majestical beast beyond my wildest comprehension and I will never doubt him again.
Speaking of tickets. My lesser dream came true. (!st is winning the Cup) My dream match-up of Rangers/Panthers. Just bought a ticket to Sunday's game. I'm an oldtimer but man......those prices? I'm not broke, and not frugal. But man, I expected to pay over $500 for the ticket (actually $631) but man oh man $131.00 for parking? You guys have trains everywhere you wanna go, I remember those days, count your blessings!
Regardless, i am super psyched and will be rooting us on! 117597.jpg

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Speaking of tickets. My lesser dream came true. (!st is winning the Cup) My dream match-up of Rangers/Panthers. Just bought a ticket to Sunday's game. I'm an oldtimer but man......those prices? I'm not broke, and not frugal. But man, I expected to pay over $500 for the ticket (actually $631) but man oh man $131.00 for parking? You guys have trains everywhere you wanna go, I remember those days, count your blessings!
Regardless, i am super psyched and will be rooting us on!View attachment 873213
Park a mile away or so and take an Uber.

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
Regardless, i am super psyched and will be rooting us on!View attachment 873213
Do they still let you park at sawgrass?
Maybe you can park by target or brandsmart
Good luck

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yea but I take it personally and I take losing to heart. Not healthy.
I have other ways of not being healthy. I've learned over the years, no matter how much faith you have and trusting they'd win, you have to know, you cannot win every game. it sucks to lose, but should suck MORE for them. We just watch, root and suck on a few beers/drinks & stuff our faces. They're breathing hard, getting hit and sweating. Has to be worse.

Reactions: Rempe73

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I would think he may have "switched it out". Would think he would think that that stick is HOT, and needed for Game #1.
Idk if anybody cares, after re-watching and with about 1:37 left, that final timeout or whatever, Kreider went to the bench and INDEED switched his hat trick stick out for another. Already KNOWING he would give his stick to a kid in the crowd. Like many have sauid, a "class act", but will also add that he "ain't stupid". Def wants it to add to his collection of memoribilia.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
if he does force it possibly it knocks anderson’s skate and the puck with it. it’s hard to say how well he was holding the post
Yes, and to further elaborate......maybe the refs would call "no goal" if he indeed shoved Anderson's skate in the net with the puck? What do you and anyone else all think?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Thanks, do I need additional hardware for it or it just streams?
No. I think most TV's offer the app. Sign up online, also....I have firesticks on all my TV's, so they offer that in there as well as many other apps, that surely you knew that already. but, answer is no. And I think others have helped you here already, good luck. Where there's a will there's a way, right?

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The Hurricanes still scare me.

They have the puck literally always and you can't do anything about it. Some of their shots end up being good chances, it's just law of averages. A lot of them do, actually.

They have some obvious problems. So do we. No perfect team exists. The way their impose their style on the game is seriously impressive. In terms of how they want to play they're one of the most unmovable teams I've ever seen. Sometimes we're off. They're never off. Every game is Canes hockey.

Point is, we certainly weren't bad in that series. We handled a Hurricanes series as well as one handles it and really controlled some of the best chances in the series. NST had 5v5 xG at 52-48 in favor of the Canes and that's f***ing amazing for us considering how the Canes play.

I don't know what will happen, but if we can beat that team, we're capable of beating anybody.
Yeah buddy. You know the stats better than me (surely) better than nearly everyone. That said, I had mentioned that I feel the Canes just might be the "toughest" opponent, that we'd have top endure. If that turns out to be true, the Cup is OURS!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Do you guys think that the TSN announcer's "can you believe it?" was a generic call or an homage to Gary Thorne's call on Messier's hat trick goal?
Hmmm, I didn't make the connection. Was too busy freakin' out, not paying attention to the announcing. It's kind of like, when we score I am yelling the goal song, and not hearing a word of the PBP on the replay.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Have a real dilemma going on in my head. NEED HELP! I'm going to game #3. Best case scenario for our Rangers entering game #3, is winning both at MSG. Thing is, after that Canes series and going up 3-0 well, that became a little scary and possible imminent choking with that huge lead. Winning a Panthers 3rd game, taking a 3-0 lead like the Canes seems like nary a chance to me.
Bottom line is no way and no how do I want to leave Amerant arena with my head down and hearing Panther chants like I have heard before. Even though we are still up in the series 2-1.
Am I crazy or being very selfish in ALMOST wanting it to be 1-1 heading to Florida, where I feel the boys will be "more than ready" to take that 2-1 series lead, where I can leave feeling so very freakin' happy? IDK, I feel selfish but makes sense in my head. Help?

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I've had some heated battles with many of you over the years. Still do, especially as a mod when things get out of control. Know it is never personal. I love these boards as they have been a significant part of my life for nearly 17 years.

Regardless of how you felt throughout the series, I just hope you are able to enjoy this moment for what it is. Life isn't always about the result, but the journey getting there. Sometimes the journey is the best part, even if you don't arrive at your destination.

What I'm trying to say is... cheers all. To an incredible night, to an incredible fanbase and yes, I know I called you all a bunch of whiners :laugh: , but I am glad we are able to celebrate here together. Some of us don't have others to celebrate these wins and moments with. We have this and it is special.

:cheers:
Thanks Gardner. That applies to me. Broke up with GF that used to be my Rangers confidant, family and friends in NY that I don't keep in contact with nearly enough, and basically here alone, ENJOYING all of this all alone. It sucks, but I DO have you guys and LOVE that I can come here and share our ups and downs of this journey.
I've said it all along, even when we went through that tough 2 month stretch. This team is special, we've been there and done that. Went deep and failed. Got the rug pulled out from under us, that they should be ashamed of themselves. OUR TIME IS NOW!
Next year, the leagues play by play announcers will be saying "their team" are facing the Stanley Cup Champs tonight.
I really believe that. So, enjoy the ride.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The announcers said that??! That’s pretty crappy. I mean, I have ZERO expected the national announcers. But even this is beyond the pale.
Yeah, he did! Didn't even low key it where he could have said......when the Canes come back and win this series. He was brutal with his hatred towards the Rangers, I don't get it unless he is just a tool to throw shit against the wall. Just can't stand the dude.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Park a mile away or so and take an Uber.
If I only had a brain. Good advice, but too unpredictable for me. Too many things could go wrong. Like my car being stolen, or cant get an uber.....IDK. My Dad always said; "if you're gonna take a bath, might as well take a shower". In other words, if you're gonna do something, might as well go all the way!

Oh shit?! Simple as that? Thanks man, appreciate it. Now, I need to do it soon or I'll possibly forget about it.

Reactions: bhamill and tlk

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Nah...this goalie shit is just the narrative whenever the Rangers are good. It makes Devils and Islander fans (and even some weird Rangers "fans" here) feel better about themselves to say the Rangers actually suck and are just being carried by their goalie. Except that didn't happen.

Anderson was fine against the Islanders and fine against the Rangers. Igor played well no doubt, but the Rangers beat a very good Carolina team because the Rangers are also a very good team that generated a few more quality chances than Carolina. That's the margin at this stage of the playoffs, and that was the story of the Carolina series...

...that and Chris friggen Kreider.
If you isolate goals saved above expected as a factor vs others that deemed impactful (like xG generation comparison) it will be easy to point out Shesterkin vs Canes goalies as the difference maker in this series. The only acknowledgment is that it’s probably true in more (most?) playoff series and to me xG stat itself is far from perfect.

I miss @Thirty One ! I think him reappearing here is one the requirements for The Rangers to win The Cup.
I have an unsettling feeling about what happened to this poster.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Or you can type in the tags manually (like any tag really).
I just don't know what's happened to me lately. My brain has been failing me. Honestly, I don't even know how to do a tag manually. If it's simple enough for you to show me, thenI would be most appreciative. Apparently, I am not keeping up with technology.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
I just don't know what's happened to me lately. My brain has been failing me. Honestly, I don't even know how to do a tag manually. If it's simple enough for you to show me, thenI would be most appreciative. Apparently, I am not keeping up with technology.

Code:
[spoiler="Preview"]Here is my spoiler text[/spoiler]
Here is my spoiler text

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Clicking that "spoiler" button I've shown on the screenshot would simply insert the tags into the text field. So you don't have to type it manually. But you still could. Try it and see.
In general it's called "markup" - stuff that doesn't end up verbatim in the message after you click "Post reply" but rather has some special meaning - like rendering the text between the tags in bold, or inserting a Spoiler.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
If I only had a brain. Good advice, but too unpredictable for me. Too many things could go wrong. Like my car being stolen, or cant get an uber.....IDK. My Dad always said; "if you're gonna take a bath, might as well take a shower". In other words, if you're gonna do something, might as well go all the way!

Oh shit?! Simple as that? Thanks man, appreciate it. Now, I need to do it soon or I'll possibly forget about it.
Fair enough points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad