• Igor Shesterkin

Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
The players involved in Kreider's three goals were all the ones we shitted on:

Goal 1: Zib throws it at Andersen's leaky left side. He leaves a rebound and Kreider tucks it in
Goal 2: Panarin tees one up for the deflection. His second deflection helper after Trocheck's Goal
Goal 3: Roslovic and Lindgren crisscross on the cycle with Lindgren wrapping a centering pass to Kreider for the tap-in

Amazing

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
packin a bowl to finally celebrate, stuff is from NC funnily enough, feels just right to win in NC the way we just did too.
f*** am I in love with this team,
they can hurt me and make me feel true pain yet they always make things memorable

the team has soul no matter what

1638412849916.jpg

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I was thinking about something I hope I don't jinx it but I remember the 13-14 team all season getting goalied. In part because they were so good at controlling play but also because they didn't have top end skill. This team has flaws but you can probably count on one hand all season the amount of times they've been goalied this year. We just played two good, not great goalies and took advantage of it. That's a big difference from as recent as last year with Shmid.

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Chris Kreider 3rd Line Winger.

Should've traded him for Kupari years ago.

Maybe this guy will finally get appreciated when they hoist #20 to the rafters.

Most playoff goals in the NHL since 2016 (if I heard that playoff stat right), correct me if I'm wrong.

The big guns are the big guns this year.
I think I can check that when I get home

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I was thinking about something I hope I don't jinx it but I remember the 13-14 team all season getting goalied. In part because they were so good at controlling play but also because they didn't have top end skill. This team has flaws but you can probably count on one hand all season the amount of times they've been goalied this year. We just played two good, not great goalies and took advantage of it. That's a big difference from as early as last year with Shmid.
lindgren and andersen were non factors. i am more concerned about their low number of goals in general in relation to other teams. but we have the best goalie (not even a question at this point), and that means a ton at this juncture when we don't get enough volume

Reactions: egelband

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Hah those first two periods were shit and then I had a school thing with my kid and missed the third.
My feeling was either that the rangers were being too careful and letting Carolina “play downhill” on them too much or they simply couldn’t swing the momentum for much of the game, but yeah you can’t let a team like Carolina just keep coming at you over and over and you have to have some sort of pushback to set them on their heels so you can take it to them. Game 5 and half of this game felt like that….rangers not able to get their footing while Carolina just kept coming at them
But get a break and a little push back and swing the momentum and Carolina is entirely beatable

Wasn’t pretty but I’ll take it

Reactions: Atax

hackeyman

Jun 26, 2018
Looking at our 3 star selections I have trivia questions to see how many of you were watching the game so here we go. Introducing ..........
THE NEW YORK RANGERS HFBOARDS TRIVIA CONTEST
1. Which New York Ranger played strong gritty fighting every single battle all 3 periods ?
2. Which New York Ranger won 14 faceoffs , 8 more than second most ?
3. Which New York Ranger lead the team with 4 hits (tied with cuylle) ?
4. Which New York Ranger led the team in takeaways (tied) ?
5. Which New York Ranger scored our first goal when we were down 2-0 and gave us a bit of life ?
6. Which New York Ranger assisted on the tieing goal ?
7. Which New York Ranger, when it looked like we were about to lose posession kept forchecking backchecking and somehow regained control and kept possession and did it over and over again all night ?
8. WHICH NEW YORK RANGER PLAYED 23:14 minutes outplaying all forwards and all but 1 Dman ?
9.WHICH NEW YORK RANGER DID ALL THE ABOVE AND ONLY GOT 30.1 % OF THE 3 STAR VOTE ON HERE ?
HINT : He's been doing it most every game all year !

Reactions: bl02

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
lindgren and andersen were non factors. i am more concerned about their low number of goals in general in relation to other teams. but we have the best goalie (not even a question at this point), and that means a ton at this juncture when we don't get enough volume
we did play against 2 teams that were all defense. Carolina has been the best defensive team for years now, and Washington had to play that way due to their lack of any scoring ability, speed, and skill. Rongos always struggle in those types of games. Watching the wide open western series, the Rangers would actually do better there, I think they can go chance for chance with any team, if theres room out there. These grindfests are tougher for them.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I thought we had a good period 1. Shot attempts were there and they passed up a lot of shots but it was a decent effort

both of their series have sucked the life out of me
I blamed Nashville at first but this is just as bad. And Edmonton can gun like crazy.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

I mean, that's only because some of those teams have been scoring at ridiculous rate, we haven't been bad at scoring at all except for game 5 of this series. We haven't scored fewer than three except for game 5.

Reactions: DialUp

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I mean, that's only because some of those teams have been scoring at ridiculous rate, we haven't been bad at scoring at all except for game 5 of this series. We haven't scored fewer than three except for game 5.
True..6 a game is not expected in the finals

Reactions: SnowblindNYR
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad