Votes: 152 68.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I was irate, was cursing like a drunk truck driver in front of my kid (not so proud of that lol), from her office my wife thought I was pissed at him until she checked the score and realized the source of my anger. Poor kid went to sleep 3-1 assuming it’s going 7.

But I didn’t stop watching. The two posts hit behind Igor inflamed me even further, but I kept going until Kreider willed us into it. That’s what sports is about, the amazing lows redeemed by even higher heights, you need to learn to be pissed but stick with it.
I turned the game off, was getting drunk on New Amsterdam and listening to Air Supply in the dark.

New gameday ritual?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
don't agree with you on everything but this I do. Dallas (or even COL) should feast on both of these teams

100%, The central teams are legit great.

I'm rooting for Vancouver. Not because I think Edmonton is worse than they are (they aren't) but Vancouver is constantly taking the body on almost every shift. If we get by who ever we get in the next round, I want that western opponent to be as beat up as possible.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Another ultra satisfying part of all of this...

We probably just send Rod to a different team and beat a Canes team that did what they had been bashed for not doing before.

They paid up for Jake Grundle and landed the big fish that they never do. They have a shit load of UFA's (and they won't be able to keep all of them) and are almost certain to take a step back for a year or 2 (They'll be back, but it's going to take a while. This KHL defenseman they refuse to trade is being set up for failure, no way he is as good as they claim he is.)

Breaking their spirit in their barn is so f***ing gratifying. I'm sure I'll find a way to hate who ever the Rangers play next (won't be hard if its Boston, f*** Marchand) f*** Aho can suck every hair on my un wiped asshole. You may have accidentally on purposed your way into Fox's knee in November, but the Rangers just ended your season in May.
Dunno. They got a lot of pretty good talent coming up thru the ranks….
I guess kotchekov is their goalie of the future…..
It will also be interesting to see what veteran leadership they keep on the roster and who goes.
They are def a solid well coached team. Fast and Pesce would have absolutely helped them this series too.
Their prospect cupboard is far from empty, they got some good lines in to

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
So this morning I posted something about how Kreider’s comments before game 6 sounded like Messier’s comments before Game 7. Several people called me out saying that we don’t have a Messier on this team. Well tonight we did.

I couldn’t help but think about the end of the Messier game. I was crying and my then 10 year old daughter asked me why I was crying. Well, no tears tonight but just exhilaration about a legendary effort and a great win. For a lot of reasons, Kreider has been our guy here for a long time. One of my former players coached him in high school and he gave my grandson a stick after a game here a few years ago. He always comes across as the kind of leader you want your team to have. Tonight will be special forever.

Someday my grandson and I will be at The Garden when they retire his jersey. Hopefully it will be right next to a Stanley CupbChampionship banner. It will be a joyous event.

View attachment 871977
Awesome thing to look forward too!

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
Untthghtitled (2).jpg

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
This guy is awesome! Why does he get so much hate?
Does he get hate? I think he rules, every win this series I rush to YouTube to listen to his calls. That was a great call on the hat trick goal, amazed and then stating it's a natural hat trick. Great call. Kenny Albert was just blah. And Boucher is getting up there with the worst of the worst color analysts, that guy stinks.

Reactions: DialUp

NCRanger

Bettman's Enemy
Feb 4, 2007
Charlotte, NC
The first Kreider goal broke Carolina.

They had hit two posts right before that, then the Rangers get one back because the real Freddie Andersen showed up.

That team had not played a bad game, let alone period, the entire playoffs. Even the Islander series, any bad luck against was erased quickly. Once it became 3-2, that group got scared. They’ve had so many playoff chokes over the past few years. They stopped forechecking and ceded the neutral zone. Once that happened, it was a matter of time.

That’s a really good team in Raleigh. A bunch of assholes, but a good team with a good coach. However, they seem to be a team which overachieves for the level of talent they actually have. What they get out of guys like Martinook, Staal, Orlov, and Chatfield is amazing, yet goaltending lets them down at the most critical juncture.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
100%, The central teams are legit great.

I'm rooting for Vancouver. Not because I think Edmonton is worse than they are (they aren't) but Vancouver is constantly taking the body on almost every shift. If we get by who ever we get in the next round, I want that western opponent to be as beat up as possible.
What a game right now PDG is playing like Cam Neely in his prime.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Zibanejad 14 in 10.

Trocheck 14 in 10.

Panarin a bit up and down, but 11 in 10 and three multi-point games on the road.

Kreider 7 goals.

Laf PPG.

Our stars have been huge and the flack towards them has been super misguided.

We need our depth to contribute a bit more outside of Goodrow.

Chris Kreider 3rd Line Winger.

Should've traded him for Kupari years ago.

Maybe this guy will finally get appreciated when they hoist #20 to the rafters.

Most playoff goals in the NHL since 2016 (if I heard that playoff stat right), correct me if I'm wrong.

The big guns are the big guns this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad