Status
Not open for further replies.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
1715913780633.png

bouds

Feb 9, 2009
Truthfully, i’m giving Goodrow the number one star for the sole reason he kept my heart from probably having a heart attack when it could relax for a bit making it 5-3. Stress level was going through the roof those few minutes…
LOL, especially since Carolina had a knack for scoring late, dude put my heart at ease.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
That he is @SnowblindNYR is , the ultimate pessimist always waiting for the other shoe to drop.I mentioned it before in another thread that the Devils series broke him . I think I had to talk him off the ledge once over a pre season game LMFAO ....But he is a good dude

Thank you, I appreciate it. That's why I hate when people think I'm trolling, isn't it possible I'm just that miserable? LOL

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Poor Kid at 2:45, sorry man, it never gets better. Quit sports now while you still can.

Always makes me uncomfortable to see that stuff.

Not gonna lie though, after the Devils blew g7 to the Canes in 2009 they showed a Devils fan (who must have been no older than 15 at the time) crying. I laughed my ass off because 1. He was old enough and 2. Devils fan, so f*** him.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
We fall over ourselves to build up homegrown guys, but once they turn 30 most want them traded to make room for the next home growner. After his contract lots of complaints, talks about his readability, then many made excuses after his 50 goal season too (still need more consistency!). CK has performed amazingly throughout the years, if he were consistently as good as his best games he’d be a generational talent which he is not. Instead he’s a leader and excellent player who brings it when it matters most and any team would take him to be on their top PP and in their top 6. I remember being psyched for him when he was in college which makes it feel all the more special.

Our PP finally realized the perimeter guys were being covered tight, even swinging it around the boards was failing, and they started to find a way to get it to CK. On our abridged PP earlier in the game we got the puck downlow to Kreider and it looked like a 2 on 1 downlow with Mika, but the puck ended up being deflected off his stick into Anderson. We absolutely need our PP to be clicking to keep winning and today was a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This guy is awesome! Why does he get so much hate?
I think the hype train got out of control and people never got over it.

They saw this 6'3" horse with speed and thought it was Lindros.

Truthfully, he has limitations. He's not the most skilled player in the world.

He has exceeded realistic expectations. To go along with his athleticism, he has a remarkable hockey IQ and the biggest heart in the world.

He's had a better career than countless players who could shoot, pass, and handle the puck better.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
This is for the all f***ing believers! So much more difficult to take this stand rather than being a hater!!! Takes guts, just as the Rangers being down two goals going into the third! For those who believe their team was coming back!

Reactions: egelband and Siddi

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
I think the hype train got out of control and people never got over it.

They saw this 6'3" horse with speed and thought it was Lindros.

Truthfully, he has limitations. He's not the most skilled player in the world.

He has exceeded realistic expectations. To go along with his athleticism, he has a remarkable hockey IQ and the biggest heart in the world.

He's had a better career than countless players who could shoot, pass, and handle the puck better.
My man, I am loving Chris the King as much as you are...but I was talking about the announcer! lol

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I don’t know what to say.

I said during the thread felt like if we tied it Igor could turn it around and gain confidence and man did he. How he went from not making a save to just absolutely locking it down was unreal

And Kreider. Never say a word about him again. This is legendary stuff. This was incredible. You’ll tell your kids about this game. He almost had a coast to coast goal too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad