OT: Official FC Edmonton 2013 NASL Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
FC_Edmonton.png

The 2013 Season Schedule is currently underway and is as follows

Sat 4/06 5:30 pm MT Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs FC Edmonton Lockhart Stadium Match 1-1
Sat 4/13 5:00 pm MT Carolina RailHawks vs FC Edmonton WakeMed Soccer Park 2-1
Sat 4/20 1:30 pm MT Minnesota United FC vs FC Edmonton Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 2-0
Wed 4/24 7:45 pm MT Amway Canadian Championship FC Edmonton vs Vancouver Whitecaps Commonwealth Stadium 2-3
Sun 4/28 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs San Antonio Scorpions Clarke Stadium 1-0
May 2013
Wed 5/01 7:00 pm MT Amway Canadian Championship Vancouver Whitecaps vs FC Edmonton BC Place 2-0
Sat 5/04 5:30 pm MT Tampa Bay Rowdies vs FC Edmonton Al Lang Stadium 1-1
Sun 5/12 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Atlanta Silverbacks Clarke Stadium 3-0
Sun 5/26 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Fort Lauderdale Strikers Clarke Stadium
June 2013
Sun 6/02 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Tampa Bay Rowdies Clarke Stadium
Sat 6/08 5:30 pm MT Atlanta Silverbacks vs FC Edmonton Atlanta Silverbacks Park
Sun 6/16 2:00 pm M FC Edmonton vs Carolina RailHawks Clarke Stadium
Sat 6/22 6:30 pm MT San Antonio Scorpions vs FC Edmonton Toyota Field
Sun 6/30 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Minnesota United FC Clarke Stadium

2013 Fall Schedule

August 2013
Sat 8/03 5:00 pm MT Carolina RailHawks vs FC Edmonton WakeMed Soccer Park
Sun 8/11 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs San Antonio Scorpions Clarke Stadium
Sun 8/18 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Atlanta Silverbacks Clarke Stadium
Sat 8/24 5:30 pm MT Tampa Bay Rowdies vs FC Edmonton Al Lang Stadium
September 2013
Sun 9/01 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs New York Cosmos Clarke Stadium
Sat 9/07 5:00 pm MT Minnesota United FC vs FC Edmonton NSC Stadium
Sun 9/15 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Fort Lauderdale Strikers Clarke Stadium
Sun 9/22 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Minnesota United FC Clarke Stadium
Sat 9/28 5:30 pm MT Atlanta Silverbacks vs FC Edmonton Atlanta Silverbacks Park
October 2013
Sun 10/06 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Carolina RailHawks Clarke Stadium
Sun 10/13 6:30 pm MT San Antonio Scorpions vs FC Edmonton Toyota Field
Sun 10/20 2:00 pm MT New York Cosmos vs FC Edmonton James M. Shuart Stadium
Sun 10/27 2:00 pm MT FC Edmonton vs Tampa Bay Rowdies Clarke Stadium
November 2013
Sat 11/02 5:30 pm MT Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs FC Edmonton Lockhart Stadium

46481_10151158244469494_847597723_n.jpg

http://www.fcedmonton.com
http://www.nasl.com
http://http://edmontonsoccerfans.com

Last edited:

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
If anyone has driven by Clarke in the last few day you will have notice the construction crews putting up the new seats.

- establish demand w/ attendance numbers
- get expandable soccer specific stadium
- Make the jump one day from NASL to MLS (sort of like what the Montreal Impact did)

They are currently running an add called "Buy a ticket build a stadium" at http://www.shopfcedmonton.com/

Muscles Glasses

Jul 9, 2007
Edmonton
Might check out a couple games this year. With no baseball this summer again, I might as well check out a couple games, as there is not a whole lot better than watching sports outside on a warm summer day.

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
Well the Eddies finish their opening road trip 0-1-2. We have our Canadian championship game against Vancouver this Wednesday at Commonwealth followed by our home opener at clarke stadium on the 28th. Then to complete the first round of the Canadian Championship we will be in Vancouver on the 1st. A game me and a few other supporters will be traveling down to support our boys!

UncleDal

Metal Thrasing Mad
Aug 8, 2010
Edmonton
Hope to see some hockey fans give the Eddies a chance. Too bad they don't get a whole lot of media but the game experience is a lot of fun!

stevieeatworld

Jan 2, 2009
Saskatoon
Good to see TFC getting it done once again out east. I'm upset I couldn't get the time off work to make it to Commonwealth to support our boys. I did however manage to get enough time off to take in the home opener on Sunday and then follow the team to Vancouver for the return leg of this quarter final. Stoked to make some noise in B.C. Place with a few other of the ESG!

UncleDal

Metal Thrasing Mad
Aug 8, 2010
Edmonton
If no one has anything to do this Sunday, there is a game at Clarke Stadium this Sunday against San Antonio Scorpions at 2 pm!

Come out and enjoy some pro soccer!

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
Ft.Lauderdale today @ Clarke! Currently tailgating in the parking lot. look for the flags and come say hello.

Is your crowd the group in the top corner starting all the songs?
If so, you guys are awesome. Keep it up.

Went to my first Eddies game today and I have to say, it was fantastic. Great atmosphere, the crowd was really into it and giving San Antonio's players a hard time. I'll definitely be going back as much as I can, hope the city supports this team and it sticks around.

UncleDal

Metal Thrasing Mad
Aug 8, 2010
Edmonton
Is your crowd the group in the top corner starting all the songs?
If so, you guys are awesome. Keep it up.

Went to my first Eddies game today and I have to say, it was fantastic. Great atmosphere, the crowd was really into it and giving San Antonio's players a hard time. I'll definitely be going back as much as I can, hope the city supports this team and it sticks around.
Yes that was me, stevieeatworld and a lot more (not sure if they post here)

Really hope the city supports this team as well. It's a pretty tough market in this city since everyone is all about hockey. It would be better and the numbers would be larger if their was more advertisement. I know that there are many people that love & appreciate both sports.

Really glad that you enjoyed the game! That's pretty much what you get! Stop by and say hello next time :) Always wanting more people to join in on the fun

399880_10151553581259494_300329747_n.jpg

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
What was the crowd today?

Awful.

990 paid attendance. I imagine the joke weather had something to do with that.

As far as scheduling I kind of wish they would push the home dates forward and wait until May. In recent years April has sucked.

FC Edmonton are making one mistake after another. ENTIRELY changing the roster is an odd decision. I think theres maybe 3 players here from last year meaning that anybody that had any favorite players is now going to be starting over looking for some. One of the ways you build afinity and connection is by having go to players that fans start to develop a connection with. Seeing FC Edmonton right now is like two road teams on the pitch.

I had big hopes for this org but its one big cluster****. Petrone got off a sinking ship it looks like.

Groucho

Tier 1 Fan
Aug 17, 2010
Displaced
^
Were you there ?
I don't know if you know this, but Clarke is effectively reduced to one area for seatin now due to construction.
I was there and it was full.
The crowd was singing all afternoon, chanting, taunting the San Antonio players.
The atmosphere was great.
If you actually went and had a bad time I don't know what to tell you. Maybe live sports isn't your thing.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
^
Were you there ?
I don't know if you know this, but Clarke is effectively reduced to one area for seatin now due to construction.
I was there and it was full.
The crowd was singing all afternoon, chanting, taunting the San Antonio players.
The atmosphere was great.
If you actually went and had a bad time I don't know what to tell you. Maybe live sports isn't your thing.

I loved the foote field facility, loved going there, went to several games there, developed an afinity for the teams and players and product and now only the logo remains. Virtually none of the current players are returning players, and with the team now playing in a different, and abysmal facility. Arguably its become a different team and product and one which I have no current connection with. But I'd be far from alone in this regard. Many of the regulars at Foote can't fit into the Clarke facility.

I went once to Clarke last year as I'd heard the team had built some additional stands, found out they hadn't, I couldn't buy any tickets,(sold out) and I was turned away. To me it makes no sense whatsoever playing at deplorable Clarke Park which is a hole in the wall, 1K attendance, vs Foote Field a new attractive facility with 3.5K attendance. Somebody explain this logic to me.

In short an afternoon at Foote is enjoyable. Clarke Park is anything but as is. They still haven't completed the bleachers?

This is now running on 18mths for this bleacher project. When exactly will it be ready?

Last edited:

The Major

Feb 13, 2003
edm.ab.ca
Visit site
Replacement, while I will agree with you on a number of points (the club/FO does make mistake after mistake, they have over promised and under delivered on the new stands at Clarke, marketing of the club has been non-existent), you are completely wrong about the game day experience at Clarke.

Clarke, while it is a dump, is a much, much more enjoyable venue to watch football than Foote. If you actually go to a match at Clarke, the atmosphere is exponentially better, the sightlines are better, and you don't have to piss in a port-a-potty. Come out to a match and please explain how the game day experience is better at Foote. I’ll take 1,500 rammed into 1 small stand vs 1,500 scattered in a 3,500 seat stadium, with one stand miles from the pitch.

In regards to the stated attendance of 992, that had to have been incorrect. The stands were just as full as any match last year, which had much higher stated attendance. I can attest to this, due to the fact that nobody bothered to check my ticket upon entry (another FO blunder).

The on field product is much better this year as well. Roster turnover is annoying, I agree, however Colin Miller knows what he is doing and dropped some dead weight, although the loss and treatment of Paul Hamilton was unfortunate. The squad took it to the Whitecaps last Wednesday and looked decent on Sunday afternoon.

I am probably the most critical member of the Edmonton Supporters Group, however, give the team a (another) shot before you write it off.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Replacement, while I will agree with you on a number of points (the club/FO does make mistake after mistake, they have over promised and under delivered on the new stands at Clarke, marketing of the club has been non-existent), you are completely wrong about the game day experience at Clarke.

Clarke, while it is a dump, is a much, much more enjoyable venue to watch football than Foote.
Not sure what you mean with this. Absolutely Foote is a better facility in any way. Did you ever sit in the actual stands at Foote? Sounds like you were in general admission area only, if so, kind of an odd perspective in which to judge the excellent foote facility. The washrooms, concessions, concourse are imminently enjoyable, a first class facility. Again you seem to be only commenting on the GA seating at Foote.

If you actually go to a match at Clarke, the atmosphere is exponentially better, the sightlines are better, and you don't have to piss in a port-a-potty. Come out to a match and please explain how the game day experience is better at Foote. I’ll take 1,500 rammed into 1 small stand vs 1,500 scattered in a 3,500 seat stadium, with one stand miles from the pitch.
At Foote I can get a site with good sightlines, where I can focus on the action, have some room, and have unobstructed view. At Clarke I show up and can't even get tickets. While I've been to a dozen FC Edmonton games I'll admit to being a game day decision fan. A good weather fan, admitted. So I don't buy tickets in advance. I'm a walk up. Clarke doesn't facilitate walk up attendees.

In regards to the stated attendance of 992, that had to have been incorrect. The stands were just as full as any match last year, which had much higher stated attendance. I can attest to this, due to the fact that nobody bothered to check my ticket upon entry (another FO blunder).
Again Foote being an actual finished facility and not some hole in the wall its possible to check tickets at clearly defined entrances in a reasonably secure facility.

The on field product is much better this year as well. Roster turnover is annoying, I agree, however Colin Miller knows what he is doing and dropped some dead weight, although the loss and treatment of Paul Hamilton was unfortunate. The squad took it to the Whitecaps last Wednesday and looked decent on Sunday afternoon.
I like Miller but he dropped essentially everybody. Also, the year before players I liked were dropped from the squad. Way too much turnover with this squad and as I stated hard to develop connection with team and players if they're always brand new.
The Paul Hamilton snub is inexplicable, arrogant even. Colin Miller had better know what he's doing as I think his hard balls routine is going to have other guys in the org, like Petrone, finding somewhere else to land. Miller strikes me as a my way or the highway kind of guy.

I am probably the most critical member of the Edmonton Supporters Group, however, give the team a (another) shot before you write it off.

meh, I was vocal about my concerns to the org last season, stated it was idiotic to continue on in the season at Clarke (without erected bleachers) when Foote was available. The org was stubborn that their decision was the right one, the season was a disaster on and off the field, they lost an average of 1k in attendance from what used to attend at Foote field, and seem fine with losing fans like myself. To give up 1k fans is stupid any way you look at it.

Not saying never, and I'll probably go, but no way in hell is Clarke field a better facility. When are the stands done? I'll probably buy some tickets then. Clarke is such a bush facility though. Basically a highschool football facility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad