Official Coyotes 2019-2020 Roster Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Depends on his injury recovery but don’t rule out Jenik making this squad in an agitator role. You want a player who can manufacture hate. It’s him.

He has real offensive upside. He also was switched to center. I don't want to see him getting 10 mins a night.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I don’t want OEL to be the captain of this team any longer. To me that means we have to trade him. I’d trade him for the best center we can get, even though I know that will be a center with major warts. That accomplishes two things hopefully; gets some kind of skill up the middle and makes it so OEL is no longer captain.

I’d do that at our earliest opportunity because it seems like a workable deal to get that done would be pretty rare. I wouldn’t worry about max value. I just want to make a change. I don’t see us going far with him leading the way. I want to CTRL+Z that decision to commit to him long-term, as our captain. I think it was a mistake.

I’d fire Tocchet and hire Boudreau immediately because we could. Boudreau would likely come here. So let’s just do it. No need to wait.

I’d trade Hall for the best return I could get. We aren’t making the playoffs and he isn’t re-signing. It’s a sad thing, but we have to face reality. He needs to go, so we don’t lose him for nothing.

I want Stepan, Kessel and Goligoski gone at all costs. I can’t stomach any of them still being on the roster next season. Goligoski should be easy to trade. I’m sure we could get a 2nd round pick tomorrow for him. Stepan and Kessel might take more time to be rid of. I’d be willing to take some lumps to get them the f*** out.

That’s where my head would be on deadline-eve. I’m sure Chayka is just working the phones trying to add a better 3rd pair defender because he thinks we will make the playoffs and that Tocchet is great and OEL is great and that there’s no issue with Hall staying or Stepan or Goligoski or Kessel leading this team.

If that’s true, I’d fire Chayka also.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I don’t want OEL to be the captain of this team any longer. To me that means we have to trade him. I’d trade him for the best center we can get, even though I know that will be a center with major warts. That accomplishes two things hopefully; gets some kind of skill up the middle and makes it so OEL is no longer captain.

I’d do that at our earliest opportunity because it seems like a workable deal to get that done would be pretty rare. I wouldn’t worry about max value. I just want to make a change. I don’t see us going far with him leading the way. I want to CTRL+Z that decision to commit to him long-term, as our captain. I think it was a mistake.

I’d fire Tocchet and hire Boudreau immediately because we could. Boudreau would likely come here. So let’s just do it. No need to wait.

I’d trade Hall for the best return I could get. We aren’t making the playoffs and he isn’t re-signing. It’s a sad thing, but we have to face reality. He needs to go, so we don’t lose him for nothing.

I want Stepan, Kessel and Goligoski gone at all costs. I can’t stomach any of them still being on the roster next season. Goligoski should be easy to trade. I’m sure we could get a 2nd round pick tomorrow for him. Stepan and Kessel might take more time to be rid of. I’d be willing to take some lumps to get them the f*ck out.

That’s where my head would be on deadline-eve. I’m sure Chayka is just working the phones trying to add a better 3rd pair defender because he thinks we will make the playoffs and that Tocchet is great and OEL is great and that there’s no issue with Hall staying or Stepan or Goligoski or Kessel leading this team.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
I agree with this but would like to include one thing going forward. Get Josh Anderson. Im not sure what we would give but we need a heart and soul guy like that.

Also I would like to see Doan back in the organization in some capacity. I think he is a motivator so maybe assistant coach and see how it goes from there. I am sick of watching complacent hockey. Maybe sign Dillon in the off-season.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think you're dreaming if you think OEL loses his C or gets traded. It's just not going to happen.

Better to hope that he's been playing injured, he's been battling the pressure of the first year of his huge extension, and that Housley has him all screwed up.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think you're dreaming if you think OEL loses his C or gets traded. It's just not going to happen.

Better to hope that he's been playing injured, he's been battling the pressure of the first year of his huge extension, and that Housley has him all screwed up.

Except his game cratered before Housley got here.

Something happened to him around the time when Doan left the team. Maybe it's because his mom died, I dunno. But ever since then he's been a shadow of his former self. It's sad.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

Something happened to him around the time when Doan left the team. Maybe it's because his mom died, I dunno. But ever since then he's been a shadow of his former self. It's sad.

What I first remember about OEL was how effortlessly fast he was on skates. First-year in the league I can't remember him ever getting beat due to speed. I think he's heavier now, which could slow him down. However, it does not account for the lost shot/scoring.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I want Stepan, Kessel and Goligoski gone at all costs. I can’t stomach any of them still being on the roster next season. Goligoski should be easy to trade. I’m sure we could get a 2nd round pick tomorrow for him. Stepan and Kessel might take more time to be rid of. I’d be willing to take some lumps to get them the f*ck out.

I keep OEL, and if all I'm getting is a 2nd for Gogo I keep him as well.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree, and try to find a partner that has more talent than Demers or Hammer

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003

I gave him a pass the year his mom died, but we're on three years of him just coasting. No more excuses.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC

I don't know about that. OEL might want a change of scenery.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Cap hit aside, I feel like RT does Stepan a disservice deploying him on PP1 and OT1 the way he does. The guy isn't equipped to contribute in those roles at this point in his career, he's basically a defense-first 3C. Putting him out there in those situations draws venom from fans when he invariably fails to contribute. I think if he were deployed more like a Super Richardson, he'd be rated much more highly by the average fan.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
What teams could realistically take on OEl's contract AND need an expensive #3 LHD signed for several years?

Detroit could use him but would OEL go there?
Rangers? Skjej +?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Cap hit aside, I feel like RT does Stepan a disservice deploying him on PP1 and OT1 the way he does. The guy isn't equipped to contribute in those roles at this point in his career, he's basically a defense-first 3C. Putting him out there in those situations draws venom from fans when he invariably fails to contribute. I think if he were deployed more like a Super Richardson, he'd be rated much more highly by the average fan.
BINGO! But, we can find someone at a much lower cap hit and salary.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
What teams could realistically take on OEl's contract AND need an expensive #3 LHD signed for several years?
Detroit could use him but would OEL go there?
Rangers? Skjej +?
Someone with a similar problem child at center. Like Johansen or Trochek. Nashville has a bottom of the league GA and a top of the league GF. We are the inverse. They’ve got centers up the Wazoo. OEL for RyJo makes sense.

Reactions: Surfshop
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $365.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark