OT: Official Bears/NFL Thread XXVIII: Are you ready for some football? Circle one - Y N

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Jay Glazer ‏@JayGlazer 1m
Breaking: the Patriots have agreed to parameters of a trade to send Pro Bowl guard Logan Mankins to the Bucs for a pick and TE Tim Wright

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 20s
Patriots will receive Bucs' fourth-round pick in 2015 in additon to TE Tim Wright in exchange for G Logan Mankins.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
The dynasty that wasn't. Indeed, 1985 was great, but there should have been more.

I haven't lived in Chicago since I was a kid. Do Chicagoans recognize what a crappy coach Ditka was, or is that blasphemy?

To be fair to Ditka

Bears never gave him a good QB to work with

Jimmy Mac was average and injury prone
Steve Fuller was at end of career
Mike Tomzcak was below average
Doug Flutie was a joke
Jim Harbaugh was an absolute disappointment
Peter Tom Willis was terrible

ChiGuySez

Cody Parkey GOAT
Oct 4, 2006
If it wasnt for Buddy Ryans 46 defense, Ditka wouldnt have ever been mentioned. As Ditkas teammate Doug Buffone once said on his sports show... "you get tired of his shtick".

sedag

Once a season.
May 6, 2010
End of the Craig Steltz era. Never has a fringe player hung on so long. He should have a trophy named after him.

Last edited:

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
To be fair to Ditka

Bears never gave him a good QB to work with

Jimmy Mac was average and injury prone
Steve Fuller was at end of career
Mike Tomzcak was below average
Doug Flutie was a joke
Jim Harbaugh was an absolute disappointment
Peter Tom Willis was terrible

1986 they were home favorites and lost to jay schroeder
1987 they were home favorites and lost to doug williams.
1989 they lost got crushed in nfc championship (home game)
1990 crushed by Giants (Hostetler)
1991 home favorites and lost to steve beuerlein

While I don't disagree that the bears didn't have good qb's, they didn't lose to good qb's either except for SF. But they were extremely outcoached.

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
I'm more worried about special teams coaching than any of the personnel tbh.

:nod:

Joe D doesn't really inspire confidence, much in the same mold as Tucker. I wanted to give Tucker a chance after last year's debacle, but I keep on seeing the same lack of attention to detail that I saw last year (and blamed on the players for the most part). At some point it becomes the coaching and it may have come to that point as of right now.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
They gave him a bunch of talented veterans. It's on him if it fails. I always thought he was a guy who wanted to blitz a lot, high risk, high reward style DC. He has the horses now. I don't know, we'll see.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
1986 they were home favorites and lost to jay schroeder
1987 they were home favorites and lost to doug williams.
1989 they lost got crushed in nfc championship (home game)
1990 crushed by Giants (Hostetler)
1991 home favorites and lost to steve beuerlein

While I don't disagree that the bears didn't have good qb's, they didn't lose to good qb's either except for SF. But they were extremely outcoached.

In 86 it was defense that let them down in 2nd half
In 87 it was Flutie throwing away game
In 89 the 49ers were better team ,, Home game didn't mean anything when looking at rosters
1990 and 91 teams were not very good teams ,, Vets were starting to decline and only a few young guys (Carrier , Woolford , etc) were productive

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lots of excuses there. It's really weird the things you will go out of your way to the bitter end to defend and those things that you will never give a chance, no matter what.

Sorry Bears absolute failure to field a quality NFL QB between Luckman and Cutler is not defenseable

And as much as people talk about Ditka being to fondly remembered because of 1985 team ,, I would point out Jimmy Mac was really not a good QB

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
NFL putting out domestic violence rules

1st incident = 6 game suspension (Could be higher depending on how severe)
2nd incident = Lifetime ban from NFL

Wow, they really flipped on that one. They better be sure. You don't want these guys being held hostage with threats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad