Official Bears/NFL Thread XXII - Cutler starting @ Cleveland

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
guys, running michael bush from the 1 yard line like 6 times is clearly Josh Mccown's fault.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
guys, running michael bush from the 1 yard line like 6 times is clearly Josh Mccown's fault.

Were going to just keep ignoring all of the bad back shoulder and jump ball throws he keeps failing to make? The Vikings couldn't wait to fold at the start of the game and McCown couldn't move the ball. Twice at crucial points in the game he couldn't move the ball and put us in scoring position. He's a back up, there is a reason for that.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
And there's a reason cutler has only been to the playoffs once in 7 seasons(soon to be 8).

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Joe flacco won a super bowl with jim caldwell at oc.
Eli won two Super Bowls with nine win regular seasons, Flacco won last year with 10, the same amount of games Jay won. If Knox doesn't slip on the grass in 2011 then the Bears almost definitely make the playoffs that year too.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Eli won two Super Bowls with nine win regular seasons, Flacco won last year with 10, the same amount of games Jay won. If Knox doesn't slip on the grass in 2011 then the Bears almost definitely make the playoffs that year too.

Yea, key is to actually get to the playoffs, something cutler hasn't been able todo his whole career. **** just look at his implosion in his pb year in denver where they blew a 3 Gabe division lead and missed postseason

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Jeffery appears to be the best draft pick in many years. At least they got one right.

I love seeing Emery get absolutely bashed on how awful of a pick Shea was, yet no one ever mentions the great pick that Jeffrey has turned into.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
Also, I'm still holding out hope that they switch to a 3-4 and mcclellin becomes a good pass rushing olb

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I'm not hoping for anything in regards to Shea, but if he turns into anything that is even rosterable, I am open to being pleasantly surprised.

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Yea, key is to actually get to the playoffs, something cutler hasn't been able todo his whole career. **** just look at his implosion in his pb year in denver where they blew a 3 Gabe division lead and missed postseason
Was he supposed to play defense on that team too?

Gootie

GOATie
Jul 28, 2010
Chicago
Also, I'm still holding out hope that they switch to a 3-4 and mcclellin becomes a good pass rushing olb
This offseason would be the time to do it. The only guy under contract that would potentially be a difficult fit is Briggs. Everyone else that is key to our 4-3 teams over the years is a FA or going to be cut. Need a fatty in the middle though, would probably have to use our 1st on Nix or our 2nd on McCullers.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
This offseason would be the time to do it. The only guy under contract that would potentially be a difficult fit is Briggs. Everyone else that is key to our 4-3 teams over the years is a FA or going to be cut. Need a fatty in the middle though, would probably have to use our 1st on Nix or our 2nd on McCullers.

Not sure why Briggs couldn't play as an ILB in a 3-4.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010

I think our corners could handle the switch, and briggs would be fine IMO. We are missing a real NT though. As far as safeties go, I don't think they could play any worse in a 3-4 than they do in the current 4-3. The big reason i like a switch to a 3-4 is because it allows more versatility and we won't have to rely so much on the front 4 getting pressure.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Where would Cutler even go if we did cut him? Can't think of anyone decent who would want him (as a starter).

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Where would Cutler even go if we did cut him? Can't think of anyone decent who would want him (as a starter).

Browns, Vikings, Jaguars, Jets, Raiders, Texans, or Titans are all teams I could see making a legit offer for him.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He still lives in Nashville area in offseason ,, Right?

Titans aren't sold on Locker it seems + He appears to be injury prone

I could see Cutler on Titans

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
we wouldn't cut him, he just wouldn't be resigned.

My guess would be browns or vikings

Those would be the first two spots I'd see him at first, too. Crazy as it sounds, I think Cleveland would be the best fit, too. Great #1 WR & TE. Just need to draft a better RB in the 2nd or so round, and pick up a quality 2nd WR. They'd then have a pretty damn nice core, if he could stay healthy for them for a few years. With their QB woes, I could see them just saying "**** it." and giving him more money than he deserves so they could put the Weeden experiment long in their past, and not have to deal with guys like Hoyer or Campbell anymore.... until he gets injured again, that is.

Say we tag him and then he leaves, then you could add a team like the Cards and Rams to the list, maybe.

massivegoonery

Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
Mother of god, I finally bench Eric "Droptimus Prime" Decker and he puts up four mother****ing touchdowns against KC, after he does completely ****-all against them two weeks ago.

Edit: benched him in two leagues even. I can't wait for the two ****ing points he's going to put up next week when I'm forced to start him in the first week of the playoffs. That's the main reason I'm pissed right now.

madgoat33

May 16, 2010
He still lives in Nashville area in offseason ,, Right?

Titans aren't sold on Locker it seems + He appears to be injury prone

I could see Cutler on Titans

locker has/had played pretty well this year, and if they are trying to avoid injuries at QB, then I doubt they'd want cutler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad