Official 2025 NHL Draft Thread

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I love EP but do feel like there is an arms race to put out lists earlier and earlier... used to be they put it out in November. Which makes more sense.

Right now you have top prospects (including the likely #1) who have not played a game yet this season as leagues have not fully started... and very few have played more than 5-10 games anyway. And they will ofc have had their meetings and draft call about this like a week ago probably when even less games were played.

However, a LOT of the Euros are underperforming early.

Eklund, Limatov, Eriksen, Gastrin, Osmanis, Nilson, Pobezal, the HIFK boys are the only ones I have watched so far and have came away thinking they are clearly improved vs last year. Albeit super early.

Annnd does not help that Luleå U20 team are having a mini crisis when they have 2 of the best Swedish prospects for this draft on them.
The whole USNTDP team is underperforming early too. I have no idea who I should even have at 4th overall atm lol.

Reactions: Appleyard

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I love EP but do feel like there is an arms race to put out lists earlier and earlier... used to be they put it out in November. Which makes more sense.

Right now you have top prospects (including the likely #1) who have not played a game yet this season as leagues have not fully started... and very few have played more than 5-10 games anyway. And they will ofc have had their meetings and draft call about this like a week ago probably when even less games were played.

However, a LOT of the Euros are underperforming early.

Eklund, Limatov, Eriksen, Gastrin, Osmanis, Nilson, Pobezal, the HIFK boys are the only ones I have watched so far and have came away thinking they are clearly improved vs last year. Albeit super early.

Annnd does not help that Luleå U20 team are having a mini crisis when they have 2 of the best Swedish prospects for this draft on them.
November is a still a SSS, especially given we're talking 17 and 18 year olds who in many cases are likely to make big jumps between October and April.

People just feel pressured to create content for the Internet.

The draft is in summer, so what's the rush to make any list until the spring?

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
  • Wow
Reactions: BigToe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad