GDT: *OFFICIAL* 2015 Free Agency Frenzy III

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Whats the bet the Habs pick up Semin for nothing and he decides to have a career year to show everyone he deserves another contract? That will piss me off so bad

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
That's why we should grab him....
Marchand-Bergeron-Semin=$$$$

Semin would probably be the most-hated Bruins amongst the fanbase since Corvo or even going back to the days of 2009-10 Wideman.

Semin is one of the softest and laziest players in the league. Carolina couldn't wait to get rid of him.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
I can't believe Johnny Oduya is getting so much attention. He's a pretty average player and getting up there in age. I don't think Chicago wants to keep him anyways, they had no problem handing Anisimov a big fat contract but are making Oduya wait it out?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I can't believe Johnny Oduya is getting so much attention. He's a pretty average player and getting up there in age. I don't think Chicago wants to keep him anyways, they had no problem handing Anisimov a big fat contract but are making Oduya wait it out?

I think the Daley acquisition changed the Hawks plans regarding Oduya.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Semin is a complete slug. I hope the habs pick him up.

he's the kind of guy I'd never want on this team and would suck absolutely anywhere but if the habs got him he'd kill us. It's just one of those cosmic constants.

like Kovalev, Kostitsyn, etc. they always manage to get these soft, lazy skill guys and somehow they turn into Bruins killers playing for the Habs.

reillysmith38

Dec 22, 2013
Semin would probably be the most-hated Bruins amongst the fanbase since Corvo or even going back to the days of 2009-10 Wideman.

Semin is one of the softest and laziest players in the league. Carolina couldn't wait to get rid of him.

While this is true he has one of the best shots in the league and can easily put up 30 goals in a given year.

He'll also inspire you with 1 maybe 2 good defensive shifts per game. Where you say damn, that was an impressive backcheck.

And then he'll be lazy the rest of the game.

If we had a different coach I'd be all for it. But we all know CLaude will bench him after one bad shift.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

Not a poster year for free agents this year... Also he's been a part of the Blackhawks for the last 3 years and has been the so called "heavy lifter" of the Blackhawks defense along with Hjallmarson so he's automatically overrated.

Also, HUGE no to Semin. A lot of us hated Smith because when he's not scoring, he's not doing anything. Semin is like that, except when he's not scoring (which is way too frequently lately), he's a total detriment to the team. He's been called a locker room cancer and lazy player by every team that's had him. He used to dominate when he was with Ovi and Backstrom, he has one of the best shots in the league... But he's never open, and he never really tries. He's a guy you stay away from.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
While this is true he has one of the best shots in the league and can easily put up 30 goals in a given year.

He'll also inspire you with 1 maybe 2 good defensive shifts per game. Where you say damn, that was an impressive backcheck.

If we had a different coach I'd be all for it. But we all know CLaude will bench him after one bad shift.

I`m not sure I`ve ever seen Semin impress me with a backcheck, he`s the exact opposite of what Sweeney is gunning for

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Semin will get a fat pay cheque in Russia and the Bruins won't sign him. His best days in the NHL are behind him, he last scored 40 goals five years ago. The following season he had 35 goal pace from 28 goals and since that time hasn't even had a 30 goal pace. Guy isn't who he used to be, and I would take him at his best. Not right now

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
22 goals is the most he`s posted in the last 5 years...that sniping??

He did score 28 in 65 five years ago.

In the 4 seasons prior to this he scored 84 goals in 251 games. Roughly 27 goals/per 82 (He averages 30/per 82 for his career) The only year he didn't score 20 was the lockout season. He was still a PPG player that year with 44 in 44.

I don't want this player, but for some team he'd be a good buy low option. Such a massive nose dive is concerning, but he's young enough and has enough history that he could regain form IMO.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
He did score 28 in 65 five years ago.

In the 4 seasons prior to this he scored 84 goals in 251 games. Roughly 27 goals/per 82 (He averages 30/per 82 for his career) The only year he didn't score 20 was the lockout season. He was still a PPG player that year with 44 in 44.

I don't want this player, but for some team he'd be a good buy low option. Such a massive nose dive is concerning, but he's young enough and has enough history that he could regain form IMO.

Sorry, just can`t see this guy suddenly finding a game that shows he actually wants to put an effort into the game, all the talent to burn, no heart

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Can we please stop talking about this butthole? Seriously. He was shipped out because he didn't care and was a distraction.

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Rumors from the main board say Dallas, Buffalo, Columbus, and Boston are in on Oduya. I'm trying to find a source.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

The only thing Alexis Semin could inspire somebody to be is the fan of another sport. Most useless player in hockey.

I can't believe his name is even being mentioned by people as a potential signing, I wouldn't even want him in Providence.

Lazy, worthless slug of a player who just got his contract bought out so he has no motivation what so ever to even think about putting an effort in.

Sweeney is building a tough, hard working team. Semin is the antithesis of what is trying to be built here.

So many people screamed at the thought of Chris Stewart, Semin had 6 goals and 19 points last year, Stewart had 14 goals and 36 points to go along with an inconsistent physical game, but at least he has a physical game.

Sometimes the hypocrisy of this place amazes me

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad