Proposal: Offer sheet Nick Robertson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
Is Robertson ready to take off if he were to be given a 2nd line role?

Would Toronto match if a team were to sign him to a 1 or 2 year offer-sheet at $4.5M?
(Second round compensation)

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I don't think he has that kind of value. Unless the TML can clear space, I imagine they are happy to get a 3rd for him.

He's a guy the Pens board has mentioned a few times. We have the SJS 3rd and now the STL 3rd. I feel either of those for his RFA rights and reasonable discussions regarding a $2-3mil bridge would be fair for all parties.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
If he gets that kind of offer sheet he's gone before the ink dries, you could probably get him at the 3rd rounder compensation level tbh

There's a pretty clear window for him to grab a top 9 and 2nd PP role in Toronto so he's gotta get over whatever disrespect he feels like the org has shown him and just play hockey

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Is Robertson ready to take off if he were to be given a 2nd line role?

Would Toronto match if a team were to sign him to a 1 or 2 year offer-sheet at $4.5M?
(Second round compensation)
Depends, he would produce more in a 2nd line role.. But the reason why Robertson doesn't get the playing time on the Leafs is due to his play away from the puck. Not great along the wall and his d-zone play isn't good.

Robertson value is probably at a all time low for the Leafs if they were to try to trade him, I don't think they would get close to a 2nd round pick in return. So letting him walk to a offer sheet would net him the best return.

All im saying is if broberg got offered that, why wouldn't robertson?
Broberg has potential to become a top 4 d-man in the NHL still, which is generally more valuable in the NHL and harder to get then a top 6 forward.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
All im saying is if broberg got offered that, why wouldn't robertson?
I understand your sentiment. I don’t think broberg is worth that obviously but if I’m giving $4.5 million on an offer sheet it would be for a former top 10 pick dman and not a smaller offensive wing. Whose a nice player but one you can tend to find.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
Potential doesn't mean shit anymore, hes almost 24 years old and hasnt done squat. I mean, the oilers left his contract on the back burner all summer. What else is there?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
There were rumours around the TDL that the Leafs were shopping him and all they got offered were a 2nd rounder. They passed on a 2nd rounder for him then not sure they pass on one now if he were to sign an offer sheet like that.

Reactions: Jacob582

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
I understand your sentiment. I don’t think broberg is worth that obviously but if I’m giving $4.5 million on an offer sheet it would be for a former top 10 pick dman and not a smaller offensive wing. Whose a nice player but one you can tend to find.
Smaller. I hear smaller alot like that actually matters in his case. The guy is a firecracker and plays well above his size, which isnt that small. Christ, hf posters talk like anyone under 6' isnt making an impact.

This isn't 1995 anymore guys, his size isnt a problem. He has also improved steadly every year, and all signs point to him be a consistent 20+ goal scorer in the nhl

Reactions: Jacob582

Toronto makebeleifs

Jul 4, 2014
If it's above 2.28m aav, see ya. If it's below that, then it's likely matched. Granted, even if it falls into the 1 third rd pick compensation the leafs may mull it over (depending on the team) based on their lack of draft capital.

Reactions: Tryamw and Jacob582

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Smaller. I hear smaller alot like that actually matters in his case. The guy is a firecracker and plays well above his size, which isnt that small. Christ, hf posters talk like anyone under 6' isnt making an impact.

This isn't 1995 anymore guys, his size isnt a problem. He has also improved steadly every year, and all signs point to him be a consistent 20+ goal scorer in the nhl
Ok

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
The Leafs have been a team desperate for cheap forward depth basically ever since Robertson was drafted (thanks to the overpaid 4), and had a GM & Coach combo that absolutely loved small, soft forwards at any position in the lineup.

The stars aligned perfectly for Robertson to make the team every single year and he still couldn't get himself a permanent spot in the lineup. If he couldn't get er done in an ideal scenario, I doubt he does it anywhere else. I'd happily take a 3rd for him at this point

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
The Leafs have been a team desperate for cheap forward depth basically ever since Robertson was drafted (thanks to the overpaid 4), and had a GM & Coach combo that absolutely loved small, soft forwards at any position in the lineup.

The stars aligned perfectly for Robertson to make the team every single year and he still couldn't get himself a permanent spot in the lineup. If he couldn't get er done in an ideal scenario, I doubt he does it anywhere else. I'd happily take a 3rd for him at this point
They had an idiot coach who wouldn't know a scoring line forward from a ham sandwich.

Last edited:

BM14

Dec 7, 2012
GTA

What’s his fall-down-per-60 rate?

He’s not an NHL top 6 winger because he has a shot. Thats literally all that he has and doesn’t play within the structure to get it.

Reactions: HabsAddict

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad