Offense

One Horse Town

Nov 29, 2023
Game after game this team is very hard to watch. They have absolutely no offensive flow. So the questions are?

• Is it because of too many new players and time needed to get used to each other
  • Are new players not as good as the ones who left
  • Is the coaching system in place
  • Or all of the above
I'll be at the game tomorrow, so I hope they break out.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Shayne Gostisbehere loss has a bigger ripple than anyone imaged.

His 19 minutes a night are being replaced with bullcrap from Holl/Petry/Maata/Gustavsson.

I don't think the forward group is to blame. The defense can't make crisp passes. Idk where to look but a top 4 defender is needed baddly imo.

Reactions: JohanFranzenstein

One Horse Town

Nov 29, 2023

His 19 minutes a night are being replaced with bullcrap from Holl/Petry/Maata/Gustavsson.

I don't think the forward group is to blame. The defense can't make crisp passes.

I didn't want him to leave.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I like giving a team at least 10 games to make an informed take on what trajectory the season is taking.
So far we've faced NYR and NYI, who are both top 5 in goals against. Nashville despite their slow start I also consider a strong team.

The next 3 are against NJD, BUF and EDM, who are all in the lower half of the league in goals against. If the offense struggles consistently against those teams I think there's reason to be concerned it'll be a season-long trend.

However, the idea was always to be better defensively this season to make up for some lost offense. The exact balance of that trade-off is yet to be fully seen.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
It cannot be new people because the top six only has one new guy. Even Dcat-Larkin-Ray are not getting pressure. The new guys in Kasper and Berggren look fine. Even tho they have scored in the last couple games Tarasenko and Kane just look awful 5on5.

There gonna have to score more than 1 against the Devils I think.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

I don't think the forward group is to blame. The defense can't make crisp passes. Idk where to look but a top 4 defender is needed baddly imo.
At even strength Gostisbehere had the lowest on-ice GF/60 of any of our defensemen last season. The only regular skater with a lower GF/60 was Joe Veleno.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
They were a top offensive team in the league last year. Lets let the water find its level before we start worrying about it. They've played the rangers and preds twice, both of whom are what I would call top ~10 defensive teams in the league with great goaltending each. The Isles I would call top half of the league defensively too

This early they also havent had a lot of time on the PP at all, which will balance out over the season when they play some weaker teams.

The wings are .500 with a really tough schedule to start the year, the sky isn't falling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad