OT: Off-Topic, again.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hello. Thought I should introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a few weeks as I pondered moving from Houston to Nashville. Now that I have formalized plans to make the move prior to the start of hockey season, I suspect I will become a more active participant in this forum.

I'm a Blues fan. I grew up in the St. Louis area. As I moved around, first for school, and then for work, my love of the Blues has remained. But I've never lived anywhere with an NHL team. Which excites me to no end!

I plan to attend as many Preds games as I can, rooting for my new hometown team. Except when they play the Blues. I look forward to getting to know the city, the team, and y'all!
Well, for years we had PredWings who rooted for the Preds except when they played Detroit...

.... but I gotta warn you, we absolutely hate the f***ing Blues.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
I don't think it’s as bad as Detroit yet, and frankly hate isn't the right word for the Blues for me. I loathe them. :squint:
I don’t quite get it, but, many Blues fans tend to have similar feelings towards Predators. We haven’t had bunch of nasty playoff series against each other. I guess it’s a proximity thing? Maybe it’s because Preds didn’t begin play until well after I had left St. Louis, but personally I’ve never focused on us as particularly bitter rivals. Regardless, I can hate Detroit along with you, no problem. Avs and Chicago too. Hope y’all don’t mind too much if I sit out the Blues bashing.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Welcome @Bye Bye Blueston

I didn't like it when Blues fans would swarm into our arena and take over back in the early days. Enjoy OUR traditions, do your own traditions at home, you know? Yelling the land of the BLUES instead of the free in the anthem did not go over too well with those with a military background. So there was that. Still, I was for St Louis when they won the SC, and they have not been the absolute jerks (as a rule, there's always some on both sides) that Chicago fans were after they won. I was kind of worried about that since it was the first time you'd won it. My skin's gotten a lot tougher than it was at the beginning, though. Bitter Rivals? Only in that we both need to win because we're in the same division. I don't hate the Blues.

We've had a few Blues Converts* in the past. You never know when you might decide that maybe you like the Preds better.

*Yeah, you old timers know who I mean.

predhead1

Aug 7, 2003
I don’t quite get it, but, many Blues fans tend to have similar feelings towards Predators. We haven’t had bunch of nasty playoff series against each other. I guess it’s a proximity thing? Maybe it’s because Preds didn’t begin play until well after I had left St. Louis, but personally I’ve never focused on us as particularly bitter rivals. Regardless, I can hate Detroit along with you, no problem. Avs and Chicago too. Hope y’all don’t mind too much if I sit out the Blues bashing.
Due to the proximity, I was a Blues fan before Nashville got a team, so I don't share the same level of animosity as some others. You'll be just fine around here.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Hello. Thought I should introduce myself. I've been lurking here for a few weeks as I pondered moving from Houston to Nashville. Now that I have formalized plans to make the move prior to the start of hockey season, I suspect I will become a more active participant in this forum.

I'm a Blues fan. I grew up in the St. Louis area. As I moved around, first for school, and then for work, my love of the Blues has remained. But I've never lived anywhere with an NHL team. Which excites me to no end!

I plan to attend as many Preds games as I can, rooting for my new hometown team. Except when they play the Blues. I look forward to getting to know the city, the team, and y'all!
They let me stick around here so you'll probably be okay. Either that or we're both doomed. :thumbu:

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Back when we used to have trouble filling the arena there used to be 5000 or more Blues fans at any given Preds-Blues game and they were very obnoxious. Only got worse when you guys actually rode your miracle goalie run all the way to a cup after we came up just short

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Back when we used to have trouble filling the arena there used to be 5000 or more Blues fans at any given Preds-Blues game and they were very obnoxious. Only got worse when you guys actually rode your miracle goalie run all the way to a cup after we came up just short
That makes sense. Thanks. Since I was in Houston I never noticed that and why I never disliked Preds like I did Wings or Avs or others that kept knocking us out. We had initially looked at Denver before we decided on relocating to Nashville, and if I had moved there no way I could root for Avs. Preds I am excited to support.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
What ever happened to BC?
I saw him during the Cup run at a Finals game -- met up during an intermission. Haven't seen him since then. What I gathered was he was feeling a lack of balance -- his wife needed him and so did the kids. So hockey fell by the wayside. WSOP he is... j/k I hope he's doing well. He's one of my favorites from the old boards.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I saw him during the Cup run at a Finals game -- met up during an intermission. Haven't seen him since then. What I gathered was he was feeling a lack of balance -- his wife needed him and so did the kids. So hockey fell by the wayside. WSOP he is... j/k I hope he's doing well. He's one of my favorites from the old boards.
Yeah, he was funny. That was a good group. Well, accept for the lady I cussed out because she tried to get on you for something.. I don't remember the details.

Reactions: PredsV82

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN

Ah! Memories @Adz

This one was interesting. Preds wanted something like Samarai Jack in looks but I thought the colors were just strange with Preds hockey. I think that may have been the last one we did for them; they went to mostly action shots after that year (they were paying for Shea's contract after all). We've done some stuff for them since then but nothing longform.

Interesting aside, Mr Adz told them it might be cool to use that big ice sheet as a huge jumbotron. And they liked the idea but it was years before they got the new lighting that made it possible. They said the lights were so hot they'd mess up the ice so they had to wait for their equipment to catch up.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
You are friends with everybody.

Happy Anniversary!!!!
Same to you! 41 years for both of us!

I bought gas today at my favorite Sam's Club for $3.05. That is the lowest that I have seen in a while.

My wife told me that she bought gas for the same price; then went past a station at $2.87!
I've seen it for $2.85 through $3.15 in my area. Tomorrow they'll reverse. You can NOT tell me they don't price fix.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad