OT: Off-Topic, again.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I love Panama city beach. That white sand is what makes the gulf beaches better than other beaches. I'll be there in August! I didn't go last year because of covid and I've been having withdrawals!

Redneck Rivera is the perfect description!

I'll be in Destin the first week of August. I'm hoping they dont have the big seaweed plague that they have occasionally had when I go in the summer.

Reactions: sparkle twin

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
So glad you got a lucid day. Dementia is the cruelest of diseases. My dad was widely recognized as one of the top legal minds in KY and a speech he gave when he was in the state Senate is still cited today. And then for the last year of his life the only coherent phrase he could say was "oh shit!"
That's terribly sad. Her daughter said that fortunately she's mostly happy but occasionally she rebels. That's her personality coming through but I don't think she let her daughters in on that. Ha!

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Basically if you're from Mid-TN and you've heard of a beach in FL... it's an overcrowded tourist trap. Best part of living there was knowing where to go to avoid all that. Of course it helps not having to book a hotel and look for restaurants too, so you can get away with the more unknown places.
Wouldn’t mind you naming a place or 2 for future reference :D

Jul 12, 2007
This is the perfect description. Bud & Alley's vs. Club LaVela (RIP)
Lol .... La Vela + Spinnakers + the Sip ‘n Cue + Glenn’s BBQ + D’s oyster bar + Thunderbirds .... and that was 40 years ago.
All available for spending a few years at good old Tyndall AFB.
Some of these places got wrecked in the big hurricane just a couple years ago.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Lol .... La Vela + Spinnakers + the Sip ‘n Cue + Glenn’s BBQ + D’s oyster bar + Thunderbirds .... and that was 40 years ago.
All available for spending a few years at good old Tyndall AFB.
Some of these places got wrecked in the big hurricane just a couple years ago.
The person I went to see's ex was at Tyndall at probably the same time. Mike Vaughn--maybe you knew him, more likely you didn't. 303/Steve and he were related, which I learned when he posted some family names on FB and I recognized them from when Martha and Mike were considering some family names for their first child.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
So, a thing happened.

217926212_10219423003221090_5059274279859443086_n.jpg

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Has anyone here ever dined at Bourbon Steak on the 34th floor of the JW Marriott? If so, what was your experience like? I'm thinking about putting in a reservation in August. Thanks.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Has anyone here ever dined at Bourbon Steak on the 34th floor of the JW Marriott? If so, what was your experience like? I'm thinking about putting in a reservation in August. Thanks.

A couple that I know just had dinner there last weekend. They loved it. They had something with lobster, a lobster pot pie I think it was. Whatever it was it was huge! On my friends FB post she definitely recommended going there!

braindead

Jul 14, 2005
The cookie spoke
Very solid, very good, not spectacular food. Not as good as Kayne Prime, better than most of the other downtown steak places. Go early and get a drink on the terrace- bar area can be overrun but still manageable. Most tables don’t have a direct view outside but still nice even if you aren’t on the glass. More of an middle age adult place than hipster college age place, not surprisingly.

Reactions: Marty Party

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad