OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXI - Punxsutawney Phil says EARLY SPRING!!!!! ( We are doomed )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Governor Bill Lee has issued a state of emergency and told people in Nashville not to go to work unless you are essential personnel.

We really don't know how bad it is yet. But I assume there will be help orgs out there for survivors.

BE CAREFUL of fake aid charities. Best to stick with big-name ones like the Red Cross.

I just read that the death toll from the tornado and storms in Tennessee is currently 22 people. That's very sad :(

My thoughts are with those affected.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Finished my taxes just now. E-filed my federal, but will wait to mail in a check to AZ next month. This will be nice, since I just "wrote" a nice fat (virtual) check to my son's school. Just 4 more payments to go!

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Pardon the language in the video

Well that's quite possibly the worst place to be in a tornado... :eek:

But why is he in a crane after midnight?

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Pardon the language in the video

Well that's quite possibly the worst place to be in a tornado... :eek:

But why is he in a crane after midnight?

Apparently he was working on a 24 hour project and they had a 2 minute warning of the tornado and it takes 15 minutes to climb down so he was safer in the cab.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
This song reminds me of being a kid in the 90s

Attachments

• A61EB4C3-DB1E-4EA3-B033-45A5BE66F857.png
    A61EB4C3-DB1E-4EA3-B033-45A5BE66F857.png
    383.7 KB · Views: 5

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
So lets see we almost had NO water again.............I mean almost all the water was gone except the expensive ones like Smart Water and those types of waters. We also were out of ALL toilet paper brands and ALL Kleenex. Didnt have any KS napkins(I figure people bought those when they saw no TP or Paper towels. Almost NO ramen noodles, no Bananas, a good chunk of bleech and other cleaning products gone. We have almost double the ticket/order count we had last week around this time. Exhausted but as our manager said today our check from this week and next will look good.

They also have pushed back the start time of the new department to June, they were talking last week of opening it up this month. The floor chatter is maybe they pushed it back due to all this.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
the folks on campus are acting rationally after a confirmed case of corona at one of our office's buildings

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Ordered new ski pants about a week ago, and planned a trip to New Hampshire with my brother for this Friday.

Ski pants order was just cancelled by the vendor and they said no stock until next season.

Apparently summer begins in March.

This displeases me

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Ordered new ski pants about a week ago, and planned a trip to New Hampshire with my brother for this Friday.

Ski pants order was just cancelled by the vendor and they said no stock until next season.

Apparently summer begins in March.

This displeases me

March? Based on the weather, Summer began in January this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad