OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XX - Neil Peart, drummer and primary lyricist for Rush, dead at 67

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
80796006_10219585137151727_8637658237073620992_n.jpg
That makes being in Dallas all the more tolerable. Make sure you go late for a taquito. (or three)

Reactions: Fenway

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
One of our local police officers was killed chasing a suspect tonight on I-65.

Edit: he was a Navy vet and had a wife and three year old daughter. They caught the guys he was chasing, they had four outstanding warrants. A woman hit the officer with her vehicle as he was chasing the suspect across the interstate on foot.

:cry:

Absolutely terrible, sad news. My deepest condolences to the officers family.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I could be misremembering, but I believe at one point in my childhood Adam-12 and Emergency reruns were aired back to back around dinneritme.

Glorious!
Lol.
Yep, another classic.

I also have memories of watching those reruns when I was home from school sick.

I actually have Adam-12 on DVD but my player isn't working.

Reactions: sarge88

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yep, another classic.

I also have memories of watching those reruns when I was home from school sick.

I actually have Adam-12 on DVD but my player isn't working.

My cousin and I are a year apart. We grew up a few houses away from each other and I remember that we’d get into fistfights over who got to “be” Reed when we “played” Adam-12.

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
My cousin and I are a year apart. We grew up a few houses away from each other and I remember that we’d get into fistfights over who got to “be” Reed when we “played” Adam-12.
:laugh: I liked Gage on Emergency

What in the world was I thinking :biglaugh:

Reactions: BMC and sarge88

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Our company health insurance has a wellness plan that lets you earn up to $300 in gift cards in a calendar year for meeting certain health criteria and/or completing certain tasks. I just took about ten minutes to do a survey and get a cost estimate and already have $50 in gift card credits. Being tobacco free with good blood pressure and cholesterol should get me another $150. :D

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
One of our local police officers was killed chasing a suspect tonight on I-65.

Edit: he was a Navy vet and had a wife and three year old daughter. They caught the guys he was chasing, they had four outstanding warrants. A woman hit the officer with her vehicle as he was chasing the suspect across the interstate on foot.

:cry:

His funeral is next Tuesday, a couple miles from my home.

Kind of surprised the Preds haven't said anything on Twitter, although I guess they were preoccupied with the Winter Classic. Hoping they have a moment of silence Tuesday when the Bruins are there, it will be the first Preds home game since he was killed.

IMG_20200101_192520.jpg

Reactions: Runner77

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/canadiens-organist-diane-bibaud-bell-centre-1.5411719

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1665484355761/

By the time she was eight-and-a-half years old, Diane Bibaud knew what she wanted to do when she grew up: play the organ at Montreal Canadiens games.

So back in 1985, when she heard the organist at the old Forum wasn't working out, she knocked on the office door of Serge Savard, the team's general manager at the time.

Thirty-five years later, Bibaud is the maestro of the Bell Centre, performing above the stands in the perch that she calls her "happy place."

When Bibaud gets a reaction from the crowd, she says it's more fun than "10 chocolate bars."

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/canadiens-organist-diane-bibaud-bell-centre-1.5411719

http://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1665484355761/

By the time she was eight-and-a-half years old, Diane Bibaud knew what she wanted to do when she grew up: play the organ at Montreal Canadiens games.

So back in 1985, when she heard the organist at the old Forum wasn't working out, she knocked on the office door of Serge Savard, the team's general manager at the time.

Thirty-five years later, Bibaud is the maestro of the Bell Centre, performing above the stands in the perch that she calls her "happy place."

When Bibaud gets a reaction from the crowd, she says it's more fun than "10 chocolate bars."

:facepalm:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Because I was working the Winter Classic I didn't see this commercial that started trending on Twitter

I had a bug with no gas gauge - instead, it had an emergency tank if you ran out. Also, the heater never worked.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Because I was working the Winter Classic I didn't see this commercial that started trending on Twitter

I had a bug with no gas gauge - instead, it had an emergency tank if you ran out. Also, the heater never worked.

My dad had a white bug years ago, he liked it but they got rid of it when they adopted my brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad