GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I actually enjoyed Sean Mcdonough. He got too much heat when he was sick.

Bob Wichuswtfcantspellhishardass name and Ryan Callahan though were cleary pulling for one side. Levy was always against us and Messier is self explanatory.

Ray Ferraro is Ray Ferraro
Ferraroi was jealous of Lomberghini

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Begrudgingly it looks Toronto and Boston have strengthened in the east.

Carolina declined.

Rags about the same.

Tampa I'm not convinced. I think they were right to move on from Stamkos. Hedman has been on a decline. We will see how the new additions work.

New Jersey might finally put something together. They have the pieces.

But yeah, the east looks more conquerable than the west.

Doesnt it feel like Tampa's PP might be easier to defend? Guentzel strikes me as a net front guy.

Their PP was dangerous because of having one time options from both circle. Kinda makes it easier to defend? The only dangerous one timer is Hedman to Kuch and Kuch to Point at the bumper...

But at the same time, we lost Stenlund =(

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
If the Panthers are really that desperate for a RD, get the Rangers to retain 50% on Trouba and then get them to sweeten the pot with some draft capital. I'm sure his wife can find a program down here that will be willing to take her residency.

Not that he's good, but at least he can elbow people and plays right handed.
No Trouba ever ever never…..

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
IMG_0304.jpeg

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
I think New Jersey is gonna be a coulda, shoulda, woulda team again this year. People pay to see Jack Hughes, though.

I'm not sold on them at all. They don't have the sandpaper to compete in the playoffs and still strike me as a team that is easy to knock off the puck and push around. The trend for playoff hockey is heavy hitting and punishing forecheck (like ours), they're like the antithesis of that.

To me, their core will always struggle to win anything. I don't see Hughes and Hischer as top two centers that can lead them in the playoffs.

Reactions: KW

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
You don't think they want our 2027 1st round pick? lol

Or has their owner blocked the Florida phone number?
Tkachuk was a different situation, they had to trade him. They don't have to pull the trigger on Andersson. Don't think the 2027 gets it done for him. Even if it did though, we need to keep it. Our core will mostly be in their late 20's/30's by then. We need to keep the pipeline flowing.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I just hope we find a Dman cause I dont know, the East kinda looks conquerable again.

We will see about Toronto's blue line.

Jersey got a goalie so they will improve. Their defense is also looking formidable to be honest.

What has the Rangers done??

Tampa eh. It's up to Vasy...Boston did get a Center finally but eh, idk that Lindholm is a #1

CAROLINA LOOKS FREAKING MID? Chalk this up to knowledge......Orlov is tied for 2nd highest paid on that team? WHAT?!
New Jersey is gonna be good. Carolina will fill out their roster. Washington is looking pretty solid. Toronto should be a little better. Boston got better, added Lindholm, Zaddy, and Jones but lost DeBrisk, Forbort, Gryz, and Boqvist. OTOH, the Isles should be worse, and the bottom 4 Atlantic teams still look like the bottom 4 because the top 4 are still very strong.

It's the same as last year more or less, imo.

This Bjornfot kid is supposed to be good. Put him with Mikkola, or with Kuli, and place Ballsy with Mikkola.
I'm telling you, he's gonna be good. He just needs a chance to play. It's telling that so many Kings fans were so upset about the whole ordeal. He's like a slower Forsling.

RCGP2

Mar 8, 2018
Tkachuk was a different situation, they had to trade him. They don't have to pull the trigger on Andersson. Don't think the 2027 gets it done for him. Even if it did though, we need to keep it. Our core will mostly be in their late 20's/30's by then. We need to keep the pipeline flowing.
for reference, when Chychurn was traded the first time, he had a similar contract (2 years left, 4.5ishm) and he was traded for a 1st and 2 2nds. Florida's 1st is a year out and likely not as high, but that should be the floor they'd be asking for. It would pretty much murder all of our draft capital going forward.

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad