GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pink Panther

Jan 13, 2015
Hollywood
Sorry guys, looks like another RD is off the board:

1000046851.png

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I posted in the trade boards thread about it, but I'll never forget Montour's hour on the ice in that insane 4 overtime game against the Canes. He didn't even look winded at the end of it. Maurice kept sending him out there and he kept skating circles around guys who looked like they just wanted to lie down and die on the ice.

Can't remember ever seeing anything like that in a competition, and probably won't ever see it again.

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
What do you think. Okposo might not retire. Give him 1 year 800k?
i would, play him here and there through the year to keep him fresh, guy brings leadership and will help the new ones on that fourth line from time to time. Slow but he already saw how close the group is so with Lombo and the others gone i wouldn't mind a familiar face back there for a full season.

Last edited:

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
My guess is that everyone else can see what we see with Ekblad and there's no trade market. I figured Knight would be another prime target -- and apparently teams out there are interested -- but it seems they're doubling down on him.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I posted in the trade boards thread about it, but I'll never forget Montour's hour on the ice in that insane 4 overtime game against the Canes. He didn't even look winded at the end of it. Maurice kept sending him out there and he kept skating circles around guys who looked like they just wanted to lie down and die on the ice.

Can't remember ever seeing anything like that in a competition, and probably won't ever see it again.

IMG_1004.jpeg

Monty was and still is a stud. Too bad that the Panthers have to pay 7.5mil to a traffic cone instead of Monty but c'est la vie.

Reactions: behemolari

WaitingForThatCab

Mar 11, 2017
View attachment 891369

Monty was and still is a stud. Too bad that the Panthers have to pay 7.5mil to a traffic cone instead of Monty but c'est la vie.

Seattle gambled on him. I can't predict one way or another what's going to happen, but I think it's fair to say that 7x7+ could backfire spectacularly. I'll miss the player, but I am okay with passing on that contract.

Then again, I like what Zito is doing with the contracts here. Lock up the core and then keep flipping guys who are looking to prove themselves. Even if they get paid somewhere else, you're getting good service out of them, keeping your team in good cap shape, and building a reputation that means someone else is going to be willing to come here on a prove it deal to replace them.

All depends on the pro scouting department continuing to shine, though.

IceManCat

#StanleyCupChampions2024
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
seems like a depth casualty
was on the kings for a bit then vegas so prob never got the chance to step up

looks like he played almost one full season with the kings, then sprinkles here and there

hes played a few with us and hes had two games with 18min toi

Looks like he has some trouble sticking at the NHL level.

Zito did a presser yesterday and was asked if he heard the Bowman and Q news. He misunderstood the question and said something like "did he land where I think he did?" implying that he assumed Q found a job somewhere already. Was a weird moment. I don't think it'll take long before he's hired.

He's an elite coach in a league starving for elite coaches. Hell get a top job somewhere

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Seattle gambled on him. I can't predict one way or another what's going to happen, but I think it's fair to say that 7x7+ could backfire spectacularly. I'll miss the player, but I am okay with passing on that contract.

Then again, I like what Zito is doing with the contracts here. Lock up the core and then keep flipping guys who are looking to prove themselves. Even if they get paid somewhere else, you're getting good service out of them, keeping your team in good cap shape, and building a reputation that means someone else is going to be willing to come here on a prove it deal to replace them.

All depends on the pro scouting department continuing to shine, though.

IMG_1004.jpeg

There's some gamble but not much though. Other dmen getting signed for 5-6mil per while not having score anything close to 73pts and I'd say that Seattle has overpay guys to some degree to get them to sign there.

Well, Zito can't do a whole lot here with their cap situation. imo I don't think that the Panthers will be contending for the Cup next season. Two exhaustive deep runs, couple of bad contracts in the books, transition year to get new guys acclimated to the Panthers style of play, not enough depth on defense, etc. Likely a 2nd/3rd round exit and that'll give the final push for Zito to make some drastic changes: let Ekblad walk to FA, trade Bob and let Knight take over the reins...

Brannstrom to Colorado for 900K

Man our D core lookin rough

This is Ekky's big chance to show that he's a top5 dman in this league and finally worthy of his contract. He'll score +90pts and takes the Norris trophy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad