GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
We have a bunch of waiver eligible guys that can fill some depth roles this season, so maybe we go with a 22-man roster. That'll give us $2.4M available for an RD if Lundell signs for $4M.

Really I'm wondering what's going on with the Lundell contract, that's a tough one. Had a somewhat disappointing regular season, but two good playoffs in a row now. If not for the playoffs, I would've thought he gets $3M. Wonder if he's looking for a longer-term contract like a 5-6 year x $5M and then set up for a bigger one when he's 27/28.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
How does a worse QoT mean a more sheltered role? Well, hard to say how it translates to different teams.

That Sabres team was pretty awful…

And QoC kinda gets everything equal if I finally got those cards right !

Played less minutes than Montour, but against better competition with better linemates…

Maybe he is worse than Montour defensively, but pretty sure Maurice could find him a chair with the way he activates and his shot !

Forsling just has to mold him into the next baby Greek God…

ALL IN ON BOQVIST !!

Reactions: pantherbot

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
We have a bunch of waiver eligible guys that can fill some depth roles this season, so maybe we go with a 22-man roster. That'll give us $2.4M available for an RD if Lundell signs for $4M.

Really I'm wondering what's going on with the Lundell contract, that's a tough one. Had a somewhat disappointing regular season, but two good playoffs in a row now. If not for the playoffs, I would've thought he gets $3M. Wonder if he's looking for a longer-term contract like a 5-6 year x $5M and then set up for a bigger one when he's 27/28.

I don't think Lundell wants to sign a long term contract with his reg season point production. If he signs a two year deal now then he could sign the full eight years which would cover his prime years (25-33).

Reactions: CanePanther

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
I don't think Lundell wants to sign a long term contract with his reg season point production. If he signs a two year deal now then he could sign the full eight years which would cover his prime years (25-33).

Depends on what the player wants. He could go for a 5x$5M, which is a bit of AAV overpay based on his regular season, get set for the rest of his life, and still go for a big contract for years 28-36 like we just saw today for a bunch of guys.

Some players want to bet on themselves and some want the security.

Reactions: harv33173

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
So let’s see what we lost.

Lombo $2M; too much
Stenner $2M; borderline prolly too much
OEL $3.5M; too much
Monty $7M+; way too much
Stoli $2.5M; slightly too much

A bunch of guys like Mahura and Okposo who wouldn’t figure in anyway.

Haven’t lost Tarasenko yet, but if (when) we do, that’ll sting a lot.

Overall I can’t complain. Other than Tarasenko, and a cheap Lomberg, I really wanted to keep OEL. But I’m ok as is, nothing’s really lost when you look at the money. If they’d come with last year’s stickers, keep them all, but they weren’t going to because they were good enough to win the Stanley Cup and thus get the raises.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022

Lombo $2M; too much
OEL $3.5M; too much
Monty $7M+; way too much

Overall I can’t complain. Other than Tarasenko, and a cheap Lomberg, I really wanted to keep OEL. But I’m ok as is, nothing’s really lost when you look at the money. If they’d come with last year’s stickers, keep them all, but they weren’t going to because they were good enough to win the Stanley Cup and thus get the raises.

Tara needs to take a 1.5 million deal for him to stay. I think he really wants to but someone may be throwing him term and money.

The only massive hole is a top 4 RD, that's it. I think Zito will target a veteran like Nate Schmidt or someone like that. Obviously there is still the TDL when Zito will bolster the roster, 100%.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Nate is nowadays a bottom pairing dman incapable of playing ~20mins. That's the big issue here especially if and when Ekblad gets injured again.

Just throwing a name out there. But it has to be a veteran guy. I could see Zito going in to the year having that hole at RD and targeting someone at the deadline from the upcoming UFA class.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Just throwing a name out there. But it has to be a veteran guy. I could see Zito going in to the year having that hole at RD and targeting someone at the deadline from the upcoming UFA class.

IMG_1004.jpeg

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Lombo $2M; too much
OEL $3.5M; too much
Monty $7M+; way too much

I figured all these guys would go, and you're right, those prices are too much. Lomberg was such a cool part of the team, but he's a $1m player, not $2m.

And I can't see Tarasenko coming back. The only one that really bothers me is Stenlund. I think his is reasonably fair and we could have offered him that as well, which you allude to.

Reactions: batting1k and KW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad