GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I’d like to think getting Lundell done would go a long way right now. Hard to truly know how much you’re operating with until that contract is signed. Hoping for a 3yr bridge, probably would be in the 3s per range. Hoping his agent isn’t pressing for a longer term deal already. I could see balinskis coming in full time to replace OEL, I honestly was really impressed with him and sounded like Maurice was too. Would not be surprised at all if he takes that spot. Him, Kulikov, Mikkola and forsling would cover 4 of the 6 D at an incredible value

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Tkachuk
Luostarine-Lundell-???
Greer-Nosek-Gadjovich

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-???
Balinskis-Kulikov

Bobrovsky
???/Knight

Reactions: Chaos2k7

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Baby Barky gonna get bigger and stronger we have to get this done now or I don’t even want to think about it.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
If we sign Lundell to let’s say 3.341per and sign another forward at league minimum to be the 13th. With knight currently as the backup, we’d be left with 4mil to spend on a top-9 forward and a top-4 D, and that’s assuming Balinskis plays with kuli on the 3rd. Hard to imagine something won’t happen with either Ekblad or knight, and without montour I don’t think Ekblad leaves. To me it was always one or the other leaving but not both as there weren’t enough RD on the open market to make up for it. I still don’t see knight playing the backup role, he’s still better off being a starter in the A than getting 1 start every 4 or 5 games. A buyout would only cost 0.75per but it sounds like there’s interest in him from other clubs. Personally I’d just move on, ride bob for the next year or two and either revisit re-signing him depending on how he’s looking at that point or just explore other options. Goalies don’t cost a whole ton in trades.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
I’d like to think getting Lundell done would go a long way right now. Hard to truly know how much you’re operating with until that contract is signed. Hoping for a 3yr bridge, probably would be in the 3s per range. Hoping his agent isn’t pressing for a longer term deal already. I could see balinskis coming in full time to replace OEL, I honestly was really impressed with him and sounded like Maurice was too. Would not be surprised at all if he takes that spot. Him, Kulikov, Mikkola and forsling would cover 4 of the 6 D at an incredible value

Verhaeghe-Barkov-Reinhart
Rodrigues-Bennett-Tkachuk
Luostarine-Lundell-???
Greer-Nosek-Gadjovich

Forsling-Ekblad
Mikkola-???
Balinskis-Kulikov

Bobrovsky
???/Knight
Samoskevich?

Reactions: Chaos2k7

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
I read somewhere Tarasenko just got a new home in Ft Lauderdale, besides the other one he had, so hopefully he takes a discount to stay. Come on bro, drive a golf cart to the practice facility in flip flops then beers at the Elbo Room. He already saw how we party here so it is a no brainer really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad