GDT: Off-season/July 1st Free Agent frenzy thread-Is Joey Crabb still available?

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
Bridge Lundell for 2 years and use some of the money freed up by Bob to pay him up.

Idk how they keep both Verhaeghe and Bennett but definitely would love to keep them both

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreChamps
Jul 13, 2013
The overreaction is here is at its highest level. We were never going to keep the whole team together. These guys were in all likelihood going to leave for more money. It’s just the business of it. Fortunately our top-6+ is basically sorted, just need to fill in a few in the bottom 6 and find a D.

I’ll bet Zito and the staff expected this and planned for it way before now.
It's fine for this season, next year is the off-season of devastation lol.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
The overreaction is here is at its highest level. We were never going to keep the whole team together. These guys were in all likelihood going to leave for more money. It’s just the business of it. Fortunately our top-6+ is basically sorted, just need to fill in a few in the bottom 6 and find a D.

Team wins one cup and this guy becomes mister reasonable. You know what, go back to Italy and maybe we would be able to sign some guys. :sarcasm:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA

the-rock.gif

Beezers Mask

Oct 5, 2021

It definitely sucks seeing these guys leave. But honestly if Zito traded Verhaeghe, Bennett, Ekblad, and Bob/Knight to restock I would understand

wampa13jku

I'm one of those 6 FLA fans.
Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
Greer seems to be excited, so happy for him and welcome. Sometimes those are the ones that become fan favorites just like Lombo, Stenlund and other no big names we have gotten the past few seasons. That last batch that just left gave us a year to remember and will always be Panthers legends no matter what even if some played here 1 season.

Looking forward to see how that 4th line looks out there, In Zito i trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad