Of the five teams with the longest active playoff appearance streak, which team is most likely to hit a "lucky 13" consecutive seasons?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Which team is most likely to hit 13 consecutive years making the playoffs?

• Boston

Votes: 13 14.8%
  • Carolina

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Colorado

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • Tampa Bay

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Toronto

Votes: 16 18.2%
  • None of these teams will hit 13 consecutive seasons in the playoffs

Votes: 19 21.6%

• Total voters

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Have to go with Carolina here, I think they do the best when it comes to cap management and age of players

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
It's a bit funny to see Toronto tied for the longest current streak. Before that they had the longest streak of missing the playoffs.

I guess it just doesn't feel as long since they've almost always been one-and-done. (I don't mean that as an insult. I'm a Leafs fan)

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I hesitated between Toronto and Colorad - but voted Colorado.

Makar is so good - such a huge cornerstone, it's hard to see a team with prime Makar miss. MacKinnon still in prime/peak form for a few more years too. They should hit 6 years

I also don't see Toronto missing with Matthews prime - mostly because Toronto will keep investing to surround him/try to contend. No rebuild/re-tool in perspective, so I'm very confident they also make 13.

Boston - no. Lots of risk to miss, possibly soon, maybe even this year
Tampa is definitely the best team of the bunch - but they are getting older. 6 more years? Possible, but more likely the miss.
Carolina to me lost a lot this off-season. I think they miss this year. Not for sure - but a big risk.

Reactions: dalewood12

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
TOR is tied for the longest playoff streak?

What about 2020 when they lost to CLB in the qualifier? Or does that not break the streak?

All stats in qualifying round counted towards playoff stats so no it doesnt.

Plus the NHL counts teams that made the qualifying round as playoff teams so no it doesn't break the streak.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think you have to go Boston/Toronto, just because they have fewer seasons to get there. That's at least one fewer season where things could go wrong.

Boston is two very close seasons from 17 consecutive years in the playoffs. They get older, they bring in guys every year, they change things up, they find guys from nowhere, they keep making the playoffs. I'll go with them until they show they're willing to be crap.

Paper

Nov 4, 2009
All stats in qualifying round counted towards playoff stats so no it doesnt.

Plus the NHL counts teams that made the qualifying round as playoff teams so no it doesn't break the streak.
Sounds like participation trophies to me.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Things go south with Berube and Toronto misses 26-27 season. Remember when things went south with Babcock during the 19-20 season? Yea, they fired him but they were in serious jeopardy of missing the playoffs if the season finished normally. So shit happens, you never know.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Colorado only needs 6 more and their core big guns I are young with Mackinnon and Makar. Rantanen not being signed is a concern but I think that will get done.

Toronto is the other one I thought of for the same reason but Marner is unknown (less sure about him than Mikko) and Tavares aging at this time is concerning but they'd be my second choice.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Toronto Colorado and Carolina all seem 100% safe. I'm hoping Tampa and Boston miss but can't really count them out.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
if there's one thing i've learned from years of watching people on this forum repeatedly embarrass themselves doing just that it's not to bet against Boston

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Habs fan voting Boston, well, as long as they keep Swayman lol.

Yes they lost a lot of pieces (especially at forward) but I think their core is good enough and their D/goaltending is good enough to compete in the Atlantic Division for another 5 years.

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
More likely not any of them. I voted COL tho because of the generational talent, hard to see them not remaining somewhat competitive, without another crazy injuries. Only problem is if they have to use a big chunk of their salary cap every year to after-injury bottom liner Landeskog and Nichushkin who can't play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad