Observations XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I waste mine on Copenhagen, heck of an addiction to kick. Tried more than once over the years.

Try an incarcerated hernia, emergency surgery and a 3 day ICU stay.... that's what it took for my dad to stop dip.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Try an incarcerated hernia, emergency surgery and a 3 day ICU stay.... that's what it took for my dad to stop dip.
yeah I know something is probably coming if I don't stop or heck at this point even if I do. It's easier said than done though. Stuff completely rewires your brain, which is why you gain so much weight when you stop. Last time I quit for 3 months I gained 25 pounds, still trying to shed it before I take another stab at it. Kind of in one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations now.

Reactions: PredsV82

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
I know everyone is enjoying the playoffs but with COVID a LOT of tweeners have been getting reps turning them into NHL players. Nashville could have as many as 29 players who could make the roster. (including a re-sign of Granlund). Preds should have a ton of ammo to make deals. Also a ton of cap to get players. I could easily find a way to have Nashville trade for Eichel and sign Granlund....If they want.

Here is my observation, Preds will have a ton of roster mobility.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
The Winter Classic in Dallas was an awesome experience. I do wonder how much of that was because it was on the road though. If I had to go to a local game that was just over the bridge at Nissan Stadium I'm not sure that would be as big of a draw (from a local fan perspective).

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
Actually, I think we would get even more fans. The WC was not a cheap trip. I am excited and hoping to get family and friends to come.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
Sorry I meant draw to me personally relative to the good time we had in Dallas. I’m sure the local draw will be massive from an attendance perspective.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Eh I wouldn't go, the whole stadium thing is overplayed imo. They should have just kept it at the Winter Classic so it was something unique.

Reactions: Adz

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We didn’t take the game, your FO decided to opt for the 22-23 season instead. Also, we have more options for hotels and entertainment near our stadium than Carter-Finley does.

Hotels are growing like weeds downtown. By the time February rolls around we’ll probably have 5-10 more in the downtown and surrounding areas.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Just saw today is the 5 year anniversary of the Weber-Subban trade. Can’t believe it has been that long…

My wife asked me the other night about "what happened to Subban"?

She seemed surprised when I said that he was playing for the NJ Devils.

I think she thought he was retired. That is what a 7th place finish will do for you! She is also a Sabres fan, but she doesn't really follow them other than knowing that Buffalo finished last in their division.

Roman Yoshi

Aug 16, 2009
Franklin, TN
Sounds like Arvidsson will be traded soon.

Unreal. Especially if we protect Joey and Duchene. I just can't fathom not keeping him at his deal compared to those two.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN

Unreal. Especially if we protect Joey and Duchene. I just can't fathom not keeping him at his deal compared to those two.

Huge leap there. Just because we're trading Arvy doesn't mean we're protecting Joey and Duchene. I do think Joey will most likely be protected if either of the two is protected.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Sounding like a done deal now, just waiting on details. Simply, he still has trade value in a flat cap environment (with declining production) that they don't. I'm also not convinced he bounces back to the player we saw before the Bortuzzo crosscheck again. He might, but I'm ok with Poile betting against him.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Hey Preds fans, Kings fan here in peace.
what can you tell us about Arvidsson?

also are you guys hearing any rumors on what is coming back to Nashville?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com

Fast, fearless, shoot first winger. But he had his back wrecked by Bortuzzo a couple of years ago and hasn't been the same since. Still a very nice player, but it's hard to say if his drop in production is injury related, a product of Hynes' system not benefiting his quick, counterstrike style, or a combination of both.

I think everyone in Nashville will continue to cheer him on anywhere he ends up and hope that he can find his game and be a 30 goal guy again.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
I just heard that 2 picks are coming your way. 2021 2nd and 2022 3rd from a Kings blogger than is very right or very wrong, so I am partially apologizing in advance

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Plays best in a more up-tempo game and is good at getting behind the defense, including on the PK. Also has traditionally played very hard in and around the net and often as the "screen" man on the power play. He has dealt with injuries the last few years and difficult to say whether his declining production is more due to that or our change in system. "Heart and soul" type player.

He is NOT a "high skill" player and was detrimental to the power play this season when used as the one-time shooter or on the half-wall. He is not a great puck-handler, shooter, or passer. He does have a decent shot, but was horrific at getting it on target this season and he is a poor one-timer shooter. He is best when playing in transition and able to use his work ethic and speed to get into space. Falls down a lot.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Plays best in a more up-tempo game and is good at getting behind the defense, including on the PK. Also has traditionally played very hard in and around the net and often as the "screen" man on the power play. He has dealt with injuries the last few years and difficult to say whether his declining production is more due to that or our change in system. "Heart and soul" type player.

He is NOT a "high skill" player and was detrimental to the power play this season when used as the one-time shooter or on the half-wall. He is not a great puck-handler, shooter, or passer. He does have a decent shot, but was horrific at getting it on target this season and he is a poor one-timer shooter. He is best when playing in transition and able to use his work ethic and speed to get into space.
Thank you !

Falls down a lot.
LOL he will fit right in!!!

Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad