May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Crazy like a Fox

6037.vresize.250.250.medium.57.png

LET'S MAKE HIM REGRET THAT DECISION

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
NY Post article on Tony D. I was one of the skeptical ones of bringing him in, but honestly I've been pretty pleased the way he's conducted himself on the ice and off. The locker room seems to like him a lot and I've seen him do a lot of engaging with the fans at games. I do think 2nd chances are deserved and so far he's earning it.

Tony DeAngelo thriving in quiet life with Hurricanes after dramatic Rangers exit

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I watched their game against Toronto the other night. He let 3 in on 12 shots, but after that he closed completely.
But I agree, lets go for a similar 1 period :)

The difference between us and Toronto is we actually play D. 3 goals in the 1st could be enough for the win for us even if he played lights out from then on.

Primetime8

Oct 10, 2014
Columbia, SC
The difference between us and Toronto is we actually play D. 3 goals in the 1st could be enough for the win for us even if he played lights out from then on.

The narrative that Toronto doesn't play defense is annoying. It was true a few years ago and isn't anymore. When they were top-10 in GA/G last year the excuse was they only played against those terrible Canadian teams, which was fair. But they are currently 5th in the NHL and the competition level excuse doesn't apply.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Look I'm going to say something so bear with me.

Yeah, the Rangers have been a pain in our ass. Beating them has been difficult. But our team swept theirs in the last meeting. Now granted we've had some roster turnover since then, but we also have Fast and TDA as mainstays on our own roster, you better believe they're going to be fired up.

The point is, this franchise should no longer be "afraid" of the Rangers. As far as I'm concerned, our troubles with them should have ended in that qualifying series. Let's prove that's true starting tonight.

Just f***ing win please.

danishdynamite

Jan 11, 2011
The narrative that Toronto doesn't play defense is annoying. It was true a few years ago and isn't anymore. When they were top-10 in GA/G last year the excuse was they only played against those terrible Canadian teams, which was fair. But they are currently 5th in the NHL and the competition level excuse doesn't apply.

IMO Toronto is a rich mans Edmonton. They got extremely lucky with Campbell, but now he is getting tired and,/or playing closer to his “normal” level and it shows.
I watched a lot of Toronto, and their D is without structure and talent (because they spent the money on F).
When Tavares is gone, maybe they will have a chance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad