Proposal: NYR- WPG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

rangerstu

Dec 16, 2013
N.Y. RANGERS - Mark Scheifele
Winnepeg - Kappo Kakko , Alexis Lafreniere, Matthew Robinson, Nils Lundkvist, plus 2022 1st round pick. This allows Winnepeg to resign both Dubois and Copp, while stocking up on some talented wingers. The Rangers then could trade Strome and Zac Jones to Arizona for Lawson Crouse, at least I would.

Reactions: hn777

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Pretty sure Rangers screams no, and well, not sure we need more wingers to Jets =D

Overrateprospects

Dec 23, 2021
Winnepeg - Kappo Kakko , Alexis Lafreniere, Matthew Robinson, Nils Lundkvist, plus 2022 1st round pick. This allows Winnepeg to resign both Dubois and Copp, while stocking up on some talented wingers. The Rangers then could trade Strome and Zac Jones to Arizona for Lawson Crouse, at least I would.
Good lord is this bad for Rangers. Winnipeg if they are rebuilding take this to the bank laughing. This is hockey’s version of Herschel Walker trade.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
No thanks.

Scheifele is a great player, but the Rangers can’t afford to do that trade without cap going back the other way and they can’t afford to give young ELC talents on the wing, when they lack depth on the right side.

Too much going the other way and it doesn’t make sense.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This definitely wins the award for the worst proposal i've ever read, and that is saying a lot.

Best part is, this guy apparently made his account in 2013, and THIS was the glorious first post he decided to make. Sure made it a doozy!

Anthony5967

Dec 24, 2015
Strong Island, NY
I’m going to be sick. The best is them also trading Strome and a slick, mobile defender in Jones that hasn’t even been given a ton of runway yet for Lawson frigging Crouse? I don’t even know what to say

Reactions: 100Eyes

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
This has got to be Hockeys Future's longest planned troll job.

With 8+ years of preparation, I kinda expected more....
Ok. My theory is he’s as Jets fan that joined maybe 10 years ago. After posting for a couple years , he decides to make a username for all teams in order to post lopsided Jets trades as the other team’s fan so he doesn’t look like a homer. This is just his first proposal using the Rangers

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
Ok. My theory is he’s as Jets fan that joined maybe 10 years ago. After posting for a couple years , he decides to make a username for all teams in order to post lopsided Jets trades as the other team’s fan so he doesn’t look like a homer. This is just his first proposal using the Rangers

Solid theory

Reactions: Digable5

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Jets add Kyle Conner and Perfetti. Then you’re probably there.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
What shocked me is that this came from a Rangers fan.

But as a Jets fan I'd do this.

I don't think we can fairly draw that conclusion based simply on the username. There are too many other red flags that suggest otherwise.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
Scheifele is a great hockey player but Lafreniere 1 for 1 is way closer to fair than this

This is just as bad as the OP. Schiefle is now and probably will be for a couple of years a superior player to Laf that plays a position of more importance. Schiefele is having an off year and is still going to get 70 points or so. Lafreniere is buried on the depth chart between two all-star LW's that aren't going anywhere for at least three years.

If Scheifele was being traded for Laf there would be significant piece(s) added by the Rangers. I realize Laf is a young man and this board craves that but being cost-controlled is only factor, performance is another. Even if Laf becomes a 25-25 by the end of the ELC it doesn't offset what Scheifele adds to the Rangers during the same time period, especially as Zibajenad, Panarin, Trouba and Kreider enter their 30's and a Cup window.

Ledge And Dairy

This is just as bad as the OP. Schiefle is now and probably will be for a couple of years a superior player to Laf that plays a position of more importance. Schiefele is having an off year and is still going to get 70 points or so. Lafreniere is buried on the depth chart between two all-star LW's that aren't going anywhere for at least three years.

If Scheifele was being traded for Laf there would be significant piece(s) added by the Rangers. I realize Laf is a young man and this board craves that but being cost-controlled is only factor, performance is another. Even if Laf becomes a 25-25 by the end of the ELC it doesn't offset what Scheifele adds to the Rangers during the same time period, especially as Zibajenad, Panarin, Trouba and Kreider enter their 30's and a Cup window.
Disagree, Lafreniere still has immense potential and the concept of a 1 for 1 would be based off the Nieuwendyk for Iginla trade. Any add from the rangers would pretty minor or conditional

rangersfansince08

Oct 8, 2019

That's pretty pathetic if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad