Value of: Nyr wingers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
they're really not overflowing with wingers, exactly.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Vesey-Zibs-Zucc
Miller-Hayes-Buchnevich
Fast-Jooris-Grabner
Hrivik
Gerbe

etc

They have depth but if you move one of the top 9 guys then you'll need Fast or Grabner to fill in with the top 9. Fast put up respectable numbers for a 3rd liner last year but it'd be nice to have a little more offensive ability there perhaps.

You forgot about the Vigneault factor, Tanner Glass. You forgot about Lindberg too. They are most definetely overflowing with wingers IMO.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
You forgot about the Vigneault factor, Tanner Glass. You forgot about Lindberg too. They are most definetely overflowing with wingers IMO.

There's a good chance Glass will be sent down, despite AV, since we have better options. Lindberg is a center and will start the year on LTIR.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

You're talking about two 4th line players though, they don't make a top line player expendable.

Maybe the Rangers hang on to Glass as the 13th forward but honestly it'll be realllly dumb if he's still playing barring injuries or some horrendous play out of other 4th liners. Guys like Grabner, Fast, Jooris, Gerbe, etc are so much better than him.

Lindberg is also on LTIR until like December. He's also a center.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

We've all been wrong before but Vesey might actually be the one to vanquish Tanner Glass from the lineup. Especially with his contract expiring.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
We've all been wrong before but Vesey might actually be the one to vanquish Tanner Glass from the lineup. Especially with his contract expiring.

1.45 million, think about that for a second. On principle alone a younger, better, cheaper player should usurp Tanner Glass from the Rangers line up. Only one man would keep Glass around. That is how bad the decision making and deployment of players under AV has been.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Brandon Montour + Nate Thompson + 2nd for JT Miller

Thompson doesn't add to the Rangers cap because he will be on LTIR until late in the year, but helps the Ducks save on budget ( don't believe his contract would be insured but could be wrong).

Anaheim gets a much needed young scoring talent on an affordable two year deal, New York gets a blue chip RH offensive dman who is expansion exempt.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
1.45 million, think about that for a second. On principle alone a younger, better, cheaper player should usurp Tanner Glass from the Rangers line up. Only one man would keep Glass around. That is how bad the decision making and deployment of players under AV has been.

Glass was sent down at the start of last year. The issue was the rest of the 4th line was so bad that it gave him an excuse to call Glass back up.

Beyond that, I think AV has probably gotten the most out of a lot of the forwards on this roster and it's really only his defensive zone scheme that's not working well for the defensive personnel anymore (Girardi and Staal just don't have the mobility to play the man-ish style defense)

People seem to think the Rangers succeeded in spite of AV for some odd reason. He has made some bad decisions but they're few compared to the success he's directly responsible for as well. He should still be criticized for them but I'm not sure why they always overshadow the positive work he's done.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Glass was sent down at the start of last year. The issue was the rest of the 4th line was so bad that it gave him an excuse to call Glass back up.

Beyond that, I think AV has probably gotten the most out of a lot of the forwards on this roster and it's really only his defensive zone scheme that's not working well for the defensive personnel anymore (Girardi and Staal just don't have the mobility to play the man-ish style defense)

People seem to think the Rangers succeeded in spite of AV for some odd reason. He has made some bad decisions but they're few compared to the success he's directly responsible for as well. He should still be criticized for them but I'm not sure why they always overshadow the positive work he's done.

They were bad but anyone thinking Glass would make them good......has a very flawed evaluation process. At least this season, there are a lot of players who should be an improvement upon last years 4th line crop not named Stalberg.

I also agree that AV has been largely a good thing for the team. Just things like Glass and sitting the Undertaker and talking about Hayes publicly....kind of irritate me though.

Last edited:

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Brandon Montour + Nate Thompson + 2nd for JT Miller

Thompson doesn't add to the Rangers cap because he will be on LTIR until late in the year, but helps the Ducks save on budget ( don't believe his contract would be insured but could be wrong).

Anaheim gets a much needed young scoring talent on an affordable two year deal, New York gets a blue chip RH offensive dman who is expansion exempt.

I am looking at this deal as Montour and a 2nd for JT. Thompson is irrelevant but adding him helps Anh. out with cap implications. I like the potential of Montour. But
I'm not sure if it is enough for Miller who has come into his own and is cost controlled for two seasons. It might be close, I think the Rangers ask for a first and Montour.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
They were bad but anyone thinking Glass would make them good......has a very flawed evaluation process. At least this season, there are a lot of players who should be an improvement upon last years 4th line crop not named Stalberg.

I also agree that AV has been largely a good thing for the team. Just things like Glass and sitting the Undertaker and talking about Hayes publicly....kind of irritate me though.

Oh for sure, there was no good reason to put Glass back in the lineup, but AV just needed a vague "well maybe we should mix it up" reason :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad