Value of: Nyr wingers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

VoynovsParoleOfficer

Jun 13, 2015
All of a sudden with the JV signing rangers boards are heavily implying that a winger is left out since the depth chart is so overflowing with guys. In what order are we ranking these 4 wingers and who are you okay with trading for D talent in return?

Kreider
Miller:
Nash
Zuc

*I listed them in terms of value IMO (Most valuable to least)

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
If I would've been NY this offseason I would've traded Nash at full retention for the motherload and signed Demers. They are strong enough on the wings.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Of those 4, the most likely to be moved are Nash and then Zucc. I don't see either Kreider or Miller being moved this year as both were just re-signed and they are both still young.

It's also possible that we trade someone who is on the bubble of making the team. We have a lot of forwards who are waiver eligible.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
All of a sudden with the JV signing rangers boards are heavily implying that a winger is left out since the depth chart is so overflowing with guys. In what order are we ranking these 4 wingers and who are you okay with trading for D talent in return?

Kreider
Miller:
Nash
Zuc

JV will not be in the opening night lineup. Please be realistic. He signed with the Rangers
But is not an NHL player yet . AHL to start then see how he does . Might see him later on for a couple games or might not see him at all next season at MSG. The kid does have potential though.
Give him a chance .

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
First off can't count on vesey or buchnevich but will be nice to see them develop

Nash is the only one they should move but they won't give him away so keep him , he will score if healthy them recoup some picks and prospects . Otherwise you leave Nash and 1 year left on the big cap hit in the expansion draft

EpicDing

which is why I included the question mark earlier
Oct 2, 2011
Hartford
If I would've been NY this offseason I would've traded Nash at full retention for the motherload and signed Demers. They are strong enough on the wings.

GM Gorton has basically said that they were gettin offers for "pennies on the dollar" and he'd not going to make a deal for the sake of making a deal.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

Kreider
Miller:
Nash
Zuc

Premise is flawed. Kreider, Miller not available except for massive overpay.
moving not too old vets, keeping the younger core.

Of those 4, the most likely to be moved are Nash and then Zucc. I don't see either Kreider or Miller being moved this year as both were just re-signed and they are both still young.

It's also possible that we trade someone who is on the bubble of making the team. We have a lot of forwards who are waiver eligible.
concur

JV will not be in the opening night lineup. Please be realistic. He signed with the Rangers
But is not an NHL player yet . AHL to start then see how he does . Might see him later on for a couple games or might not see him at all next season at MSG. The kid does have potential though.
Give him a chance .

If he needs development, sure, but he could be exception

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Give him a chance .

I'd be willing to bet money that you are wrong. Vesey is 23, not some kid still wet behind the ears. Pretty much every scout/pundit has said that Vesey is NHL ready. Hayes stepped right into the NHL 2 years ago. Stepan did it as well.

Sure, it's possible that he will need some time in the AHL to adjust, but it's much more likely that he starts in the NHL.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Give him a chance .

McKenzie said that there are lots of scouts that think Vesey is ready and could possible score 20 goals as soon as this year.

Don't know if I could see that happening, but I'd love it.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Zucc would be an ideal add for the Canes who are weak at RW, IMO. Canes are flush with young defenders as well.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Zucc would be an ideal add for the Canes who are weak at RW, IMO. Canes are flush with young defenders as well.

Should I assume Faulk and Hanifin are off limits?

Would you trade Pesce or Slavin? Which one has more offensive upside? I'd prefer the right hander in most cases, since thats a need for us.

We don't have much of a need to trade Zucc or Fleury. We have plenty of really good LHD prospects, and we don't need many more DFD prospects, we need players with better offense. Murphy would be a good add for us, but not for Zucc. Maybe a different deal can be worked out for Murphy.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Zuccarello is the most valuable there

Agree. Great contract, "only" 28, top line winger. He is the most valuable imo aswell.

Zucc
Miller
kreider
Nash

Retain a lot on Nash and he has tons of value. Without retention he doesn't have a lot of value atm

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
And you are sure that he tried retaining 50% of Nash's salary?

I don't think that he did, but we really don't know what sort of retention, if any, he offered. I'm fine with 50% retention because it's only for 2 years and lines up well with when we have to give raises to other players.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Would you trade Pesce or Slavin? Which one has more offensive upside? I'd prefer the right hander in most cases, since thats a need for us.

We don't have much of a need to trade Zucc or Fleury. We have plenty of really good LHD prospects, and we don't need many more DFD prospects, we need players with better offense. Murphy would be a good add for us, but not for Zucc. Maybe a different deal can be worked out for Murphy.

Thinking more along the lines of Jake Bean. Pesce would be available if I were calling the shots, but Slavin is Faulk/Hanifin level of untouchable for me.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Thinking more along the lines of Jake Bean. Pesce would be available if I were calling the shots, but Slavin is Faulk/Hanifin level of untouchable for me.

There might be a deal to be made around Pesce. He's actually from the town where the Rangers practice, which I don't think many people are aware of.

I'm not the biggest Bean fan. I might not have even picked him in the first round, but saying that, I'd take him in a trade.

What about Pesce+Bean+Saarela for Zuccarello+McIlrath? Is that too much to give up for the Canes? I'm probably pushing it with that offer.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Agree. Great contract, "only" 28, top line winger. He is the most valuable imo aswell.

Zucc
Miller
kreider
Nash

Retain a lot on Nash and he has tons of value. Without retention he doesn't have a lot of value atm

I agree with you assessment, however.......signing Vesey might have changed a few things for Gorton. While I personally would try to move Nash before anyone, I can see moving Zuc while his value is high and he is on the right side of 30. I really think Miller came into his own the 2nd half of last season but, with Vesey here, for the right deal, Miller might be available. I hope not, but I could see it. Kreider is now signed for a long term deal, he isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

There might be a deal to be made around Pesce. He's actually from the town where the Rangers practice, which I don't think many people are aware of.

I'm not the biggest Bean fan. I might not have even picked him in the first round, but saying that, I'd take him in a trade.

What about Pesce+Bean+Saarela for Zuccarello+McIlrath? Is that too much to give up for the Canes? I'm probably pushing it with that offer.

no to the above, this is best prop IMO....

2. W/Canes
Stepan* (6.5) + three Ranger 3rds in 2018, 2019 and 2020
for
Pesce (809.166 x 2) + Murphy (787,500 x 2) + three Cane 2nds: return of Ranger 2017 2nd, Canes 2nd in 2017 and 2018, + cap dump Bickel 4.0 expiring

* has NMC clause but does not become effective til next season, so defeated with this trade.
Rangers gain just under 1m cap relief, moving 6.5, taking on a bit over 5.5

Why: CAR has excess of D, Step is a solid add. For NY, Pesce is exempt from expansion draft [not believed that is impacted by how many games he plays], which enhancement is huge value add for Rangers. Murphy not exempt, but interesting RD add and surplus for Canes who just want decent value add. NY gains position on equal number pick swap surrendering threes for twos, but has to eat expiring cap dump.

It is only Pesce with Murphy as a throw in, but it is also 3 3rds for 3 2nds.

would consider rework if another exempt primo D could be added, but don't expect Car wants to go there.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
I would like Nash in MTL, assuming he would accept a trade here.

We are in the window now where we need to compete, and lack on our 2 LW.....I've always liked Nash.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
they're really not overflowing with wingers, exactly.

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Vesey-Zibs-Zucc
Miller-Hayes-Buchnevich
Fast-Jooris-Grabner
Hrivik
Gerbe

etc

They have depth but if you move one of the top 9 guys then you'll need Fast or Grabner to fill in with the top 9. Fast put up respectable numbers for a 3rd liner last year but it'd be nice to have a little more offensive ability there perhaps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad