Proposal: NYR-VAN-BUF: Practically Impossible Trade.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Something in another thread got me thinking about it...and i'd be curious to hear reactions on various sides. Even though there are fundamental roadblocks (NMC) that keep this from being an "actual trade". I'm curious about the "value" or how it would be balanced.

To NYR: Brock Boeser, Travis Hamonic (if necessary).

To VAN: Jacob Trouba.

To BUF: Vitaliy Kravstov, Tyler Myers.

:dunno:

Obviously Trouba's NMC scuttles anything like this, regardless of any value tweaking...but i'm still curious how it'd be received in theory.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Something in another thread got me thinking about it...and i'd be curious to hear reactions on various sides. Even though there are fundamental roadblocks (NMC) that keep this from being an "actual trade". I'm curious about the "value" or how it would be balanced.

Obviously Trouba's NMC scuttles anything like this, regardless of any value tweaking...but i'm still curious how it'd be received in theory.
Well it's imbalanced as Buffalo isn't sending out anything

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

Trouba wanted out of Canada in the worse way

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo

who does Buffalo give up? I think you are missing a step there or explanation on jus why Buffalo is involved. Both Rangers and Vancouver giving players to Buffalo just because? and one player Buffalo will not want

member 334057

The Rangers are playing pretty well with their current line-up. If they were to trade Trouba it would more likely be during the offseason when they have time to adjust the roster to fill the hole, but from what I can tell of their cap situation there really is no need to. If they can get Strome to stay for a reasonable amount, Gauthier and Kakko haven't really earned huge increases so far this season so they should be fine cap wise. Ultimately I think they are probably better with Trouba than without.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
you spelled Lundkvist wrong

Canucks already have one $8M Dman under contract for years into his 30s, no thanks
I wouldnt do this if we took Boeser out
Trouba is undeniably better than Myers or Hamonic, but both older-guys contracts will end much sooner, that's pivotal

If Benning did anything at this moment to bring in more guys older than mid-20s on long term contracts they'd erect a gallows outside GM Place (with apologies to Mike Pence)

Last edited:

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
The Rangers are playing pretty well with their current line-up. If they were to trade Trouba it would more likely be during the offseason when they have time to adjust the roster to fill the hole, but from what I can tell of their cap situation there really is no need to. If they can get Strome to stay for a reasonable amount, Laf and Kakko haven't really earned huge increases so far this season so they should be fine cap wise. Ultimately I think they are probably better with Trouba than without.

Laf is only on year two of his contract, so he can’t get a raise anyway.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
you spelled Lunqkvist wrong

Canucks already have one $8M Dman under contract for years into his 30s, no thanks
I wouldnt do this if we took Boeser out
Trouba is undeniably better than Myers or Hamonic, but both older-guys contracts will end much sooner, that's pivotal

If Benning did anything at this moment to bring in more guys older than mid-20s on long term contracts they'd erect a gallows outside GM Place (with apologies to Mike Pence)
So did you. It's Lundkvist.

This trade is hilarious with Buffalo not giving anything up at all and getting two pieces. Trouba isn't getting traded, he's the Rangers' second best defenseman and has been awesome this season (and last season). He had a rough first year in NY as he adjusted so everyone wrote him off as a dud but that couldn't be further from the truth now. He's a big overpaid but on the ice he's been very good and he's very important to the Rangers.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 20, 2007
If you asked Ranger fans before the season, they would be on board. At this point, Trouba has proven that he is too important to move at this point in time. I think he's just more impactful than Boeser would end up being, even if the NYR do need RW's.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
So did you. It's Lundkvist.

This trade is hilarious with Buffalo not giving anything up at all and getting two pieces. Trouba isn't getting traded, he's the Rangers' second best defenseman and has been awesome this season (and last season). He had a rough first year in NY as he adjusted so everyone wrote him off as a dud but that couldn't be further from the truth now. He's a big overpaid but on the ice he's been very good and he's very important to the Rangers.
haha i knew i would do that
doh

LetsGoBuffalo1126

Nov 17, 2021
I don't think Buffalo does this as they made a concerted effort to lower their cap number for now and the future. They wouldn't even retain on the Eichel deal to sweeten it. Cap flexibility is important to them, and taking on heavy contracts seems to fly in the face on that theory.

Reactions: Ciao

Mogo

Jun 26, 2002
Is Boaser that bad these days he's considered a salary dump?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Ohhh man so much wrong with this, Hamonic isn't going back to NY as we all know (except you apparently) he wanted out and doesn't want to go back that far away from family.

We can't afford Trouba his cap hit is too much even if he is the type of dman we need, with him OEL and Hughes that's 3 dmen making 7 million plus, on a team that is already against the cap.

Why would Buffalo want Myers back, and why would Myers want to go back to Buffalo?

Reactions: bernmeister
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad