Proposal: NYR/VAN (assuming everyone waives)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I think Girardi will be able to be exposed. At the time of the expansion draft, his limited NMC turns to an NTC if I'm correct and it's only NMC's that have to be protected if I read the rule correctly. I could be wrong, but clarification would be appreciated by anyone that knows the rule in and out.

With that said, I'm not moving a 1st to get rid of Staal and not being fully rid of his salary. If I'm moving a 1st with him, I'm getting rid of the full 5.75 and not taking back salary in return.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
LOL at Rangers fans saying they are basically giving up a 1st for Hansen. UHM do y'all not realize Staal is signed for 5 more years while Sbisa is signed for 2 more? So no thats not basically it. You also free up 2.1M in cap space the next 2 years, 5.7M for an additional 3 years after that AND get another reserve spot for the expansion draft. With this McIlrath can be protected, otherwise he'd be exposed since Girardi and Staal have NMCs and you aren't going to expose McDonagh.

Hansen alone is worth a late 1st to early 2nd. Look at what it cost to move 1 year of Bryan Bickell. They had to throw in a top prospect worth more than the Rangers 1st, and got back around what Hansen is worth which was a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. Yea you guys also take on Sbisa in this deal, but you get way more cap savings than Chicago did. Bickell also didn't have a NMC which makes a world of a difference right now with the expansion draft coming up.

1 year of 4M or 2 years of 2.1M followed by 3 years of 5.7M? Which seems worse, you tell me.

It sure as hell is going to cost a lot more than a 1st round pick for any team to do you a favour and take either Staal or Girardi's contracts off your hands, let alone add value coming back as well. Clearly y'all don't like that and thats fine, y'all are better off keeping those 2 albatross contracts if thats the case.

Last edited:

King King

Two Joes, No Cups
Aug 7, 2011
Seattle
If Hansen is willing to waive, I think it's quite likely Vancouver can move him for a late 1st at the deadline. His cap hit is really friendly and he's a very useful middle-six piece.

So that sort of makes this deal unnecessary though I do think the proposal itself is a very reasonable one.

sirwilliam

Assume it's sarcasm
Nov 29, 2006
Victoria
The expansion draft screws up this deal. Otherwise I'd say it's a good move. Hansen would do well on a fast team like NYR. But I'd understand why Rangers fans would want to keep their pick.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
LOL at Rangers fans saying they are basically giving up a 1st for Hansen. UHM do y'all not realize Staal is signed for 5 more years while Sbisa is signed for 2 more? So no thats not basically it. You also free up 2.1M in cap space the next 2 years, 5.7M for an additional 3 years after that AND get another reserve spot for the expansion draft. With this McIlrath can be protected, otherwise he'd be exposed since Girardi and Staal have NMCs and you aren't going to expose McDonagh.

Hansen alone is worth a late 1st to early 2nd. Look at what it cost to move 1 year of Bryan Bickell. They had to throw in a top prospect worth more than the Rangers 1st, and got back around what Hansen is worth which was a 2nd and a 3rd round pick. Yea you guys also take on Sbisa in this deal, but you get way more cap savings than Chicago did. Bickell also didn't have a NMC which makes a world of a difference right now with the expansion draft coming up.

1 year of 4M or 2 years of 2.1M followed by 3 years of 5.7M? Which seems worse, you tell me.

It sure as hell is going to cost a lot more than a 1st round pick for any team to do you a favour and take either Staal or Girardi's contracts off your hands, let alone add value coming back as well. Clearly y'all don't like that and thats fine, y'all are better off keeping those 2 albatross contracts if thats the case.

Well that'll stop our rebuild! DON'T TAKE DYLAN!!

dashripdot

Jul 18, 2010
I think Girardi will be able to be exposed. At the time of the expansion draft, his limited NMC turns to an NTC if I'm correct and it's only NMC's that have to be protected if I read the rule correctly. I could be wrong, but clarification would be appreciated by anyone that knows the rule in and out.

With that said, I'm not moving a 1st to get rid of Staal and not being fully rid of his salary. If I'm moving a 1st with him, I'm getting rid of the full 5.75 and not taking back salary in return.

According to at least one source (generalfanager) Girardi has a full NMC for the length of his contract.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
According to at least one source (generalfanager) Girardi has a full NMC for the length of his contract.

Most places show it as a Modified No Trade through-out 2017-2019. Could be wrong though.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

I'm guessing you don't know the Rangers situation, they don't need another middle-6 player. They need another top-2 defender and then either upgrade over Nash and/or Stepan.

So it's not that Hansen is a bad player, he's just not what the Rangers need, so this deal doesn't make sense for the Rangers.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Are you taking Dan Girardi? No. So.. no dice. Staal can still play. We aren't in a rush to dump him. Yeah he may be a bit overpaid but he can still play and fans around the league are clueless on that. If we move Girardi we are absolutely fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad