Player Discussion NYR Training Camp 2016: Part II

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
I want to believe what AV said about Pirri was just interview rhetoric to keep players motivated, but AV has shown time and time again that he will go against overwhelming evidence to make a bad decision.

Right now I have very little faith in him, and I'm almost to the point where I think the coaching may be a bigger problem than the defense.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
I want to believe what AV said about Pirri was just interview rhetoric to keep players motivated, but AV has shown time and time again that he will go against overwhelming evidence to make a bad decision.

Right now I have very little faith in him, and I'm almost to the point where I think the coaching may be a bigger problem than the defense.

Based on the lines tonight it likely is

Gerbe at 4th line C making sense

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Irishguy posted this in the other thread.

New York Rangers
✔ ‎@NYRangers

OFFICIAL: Expected #NYR lines for tonight:

Miller-Hayes-Jensen
Kreider-Zibanejad-Pirri
Grabner-Gerbe-Fast
Glass-Hrivik-Kovacs

A little surprised that still no Zucc. WC and all he got a lot of ice so maybe rest is just what the doc ordered but with so many moving parts on this roster would have liked to see what Zucc could do on the Zbad, Kreider line.

Hrivik back in after what I thought was a poor performance last night. AV sees something there. I liked him in the other two games.

Big chance for the Dane tonight with Miller and Hayes. Lots of posters are high on him. Does he actually have a chance here or is this a showcasing of talent with better linemates?

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
He is training weights @Lion - Zucc has skated a lot recently. :)
Zuci will probably play a game on thursday - he is the last player I`m worried about on this team including Zib & Hank in that topic.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

New York Rangers
✔ ‎@NYRangers

Miller-Hayes-Jensen
Kreider-Zibanejad-Pirri
Grabner-Gerbe-Fast
Glass-Hrivik-Kovacs

A little surprised that still no Zucc. WC and all he got a lot of ice so maybe rest is just what the doc ordered but with so many moving parts on this roster would have liked to see what Zucc could do on the Zbad, Kreider line.

Hrivik back in after what I thought was a poor performance last night. AV sees something there. I liked him in the other two games.

Big chance for the Dane tonight with Miller and Hayes. Lots of posters are high on him. Does he actually have a chance here or is this a showcasing of talent with better linemates?

Zooks is in camp practicing with the team. I think AV realizes Zooks has played a lot this summer. He skated for Team Norway and then Team Europe. I agree it would be interesting to see him with Kreider and Zib.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

New York Rangers
✔ ‎@NYRangers

Miller-Hayes-Jensen
Kreider-Zibanejad-Pirri
Grabner-Gerbe-Fast
Glass-Hrivik-Kovacs

Hrivik was great in the corners and at puck retrieval. I liked his performance though he did in fact make some NHL Rookie mistakes--those are likely to be coaxed out of his game after initial nerves settle

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Saw a post yesterday that Lindberg is skating with no contact sweater one. Anyone have any other info on him. How far off?

Grabner Lindberg Fast

Looks a whole lot better to me then...

Glass Lapierre Gerbe

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
My guess based on AV over the past couple years and so far this preseason

14F (Glass, Lapierre, Grabner, Fast, Pirri, Vesey, Buch, Hayes, Zibanejad, Miller, Zucc, Kreider, Stepan, Nash)

Hvirik, Jensen waived or moved
Jooris, Gerbe terminated, go to Europe
Glass, Lapierre on the NHL roster = 2/3rd of 4th line
Buch/Pirri/Fast/Grabner in and out of line-up based on whims but mostly Pirri out.

7D (McD, Klein, Girardi, Staal, Holden, McIlrath, Clendening)

Skjei sent down (no waivers required)
McIlrath, Clendening rotate 6th and 7th

2 goalies (Lundqvist, Raanta)

23 man roster (with Lindberg being the 24th who starts on IR or LTIR)

~2.6M cap space without using LTIR

Lapierre waived at about the 20-25 game mark (Stoll) if/when Lindberg is ready.
Pirri moved for basically nothing. (Stempniak)

Sure they lose Jooris, Gerbe, risk Hvirik, Jensen to waivers or move them for basically nothing, Pirri too, but they get to keep Glass all season and Lapierre for like 20 some games.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
My guess based on AV over the past couple years and so far this preseason

14F (Glass, Lapierre, Grabner, Fast, Pirri, Vesey, Buch, Hayes, Zibanejad, Miller, Zucc, Kreider, Stepan, Nash)

Hvirik, Jensen waived or moved
Jooris, Gerbe terminated, go to Europe
Glass, Lapierre on the NHL roster = 2/3rd of 4th line
Buch/Pirri/Fast/Grabner in and out of line-up based on whims but mostly Pirri out.

7D (McD, Klein, Girardi, Staal, Holden, McIlrath, Clendening)

Skjei sent down (no waivers required)
McIlrath, Clendening rotate 6th and 7th

2 goalies (Lundqvist, Raanta)

23 man roster (with Lindberg being the 24th who starts on IR or LTIR)

~2.6M cap space without using LTIR

Lapierre waived at about the 20-25 game mark (Stoll) if/when Lindberg is ready.
Pirri moved for basically nothing. (Stempniak)

Sure they lose Jooris, Gerbe, risk Hvirik, Jensen to waivers or move them for basically nothing, Pirri too, but they get to keep Glass all season and Lapierre for like 20 some games.

44862048-Sunshine-cartoon-Stock-Vector.jpg

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

New York Rangers
✔ ‎@NYRangers

Miller-Hayes-Jensen
Kreider-Zibanejad-Pirri
Grabner-Gerbe-Fast
Glass-Hrivik-Kovacs

Can't risk a Zucc injury before the upcoming Trouba trade.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Saw a post yesterday that Lindberg is skating with no contact sweater one. Anyone have any other info on him. How far off?

Grabner Lindberg Fast

Looks a whole lot better to me then...

Glass Lapierre Gerbe

https://www.sny.tv/rangers/news/oscar-lindberg-may-return-sooner-than-expected/190103216

Google results say that link is from 5 days ago, but at the top of the article it has a July 17th dating. Might have just been updated recently. He had surgery some time in May, expected to be out ~6 months which would have him returning in November-December. 1-2 months off of the original expected return time.

Mr Clutch

Jan 21, 2014
Virginia
This is probably jensens last chance. I was excited before preseason started for him but he hasnt shown much. He has phenomenal hands but other than that hes been kinda invisible

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Was there a reason why McD played over 27 minutes in a meaningless pre-season game?

I suspect he got a lot of power play time but also they probably just wanted him to get some minutes in with the limited number of games he's able to play before the season starts.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 11s11 seconds ago
#rangers released Maxim Lapierre. He's looking at a couple of offers in Europe. #tvasports

Lapierre gone

With that being said, they must be 'happy' with Gerbe/Hrivik for the time being? Either that or Lindberg/Jooris are healthier than we thought?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad