Proposal: NYR-TBL

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Callahan has a 16 team trade list. I’m not sure how he feels about the organization following his departure but it’s not impossible that the Rangers could be on it. In any event he doesn’t have a full NTC anymore and therefore does not hold all the cards where a trade is concerned.

There was bad blood between the Rangers and Callahan and that was part of why he left. He felt he was worth the money and Sather pretty much publicly said he wasn't.

Edit: Sather: Callahan's no-trade ask forced hand

This should give a little more insight.

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
The best way to explain this:

To NYR:
Ryan Callahan
2019 1st
Conditional 2020 2nd

To TBL:
Rob O'Gara (or whatever small piece Tampa wants, doesn't really matter)
2019 2nd (TBL originally, which could have become a 1st)

Does that clear it up at all??

BringBackLibertys

Oct 10, 2007
Middlesex, NC
There was bad blood between the Rangers and Callahan and that was part of why he left. He felt he was worth the money and Sather pretty much publicly said he wasn't.

And based on what he has become, I think we can all agree Sather was correct. I love Cally, but I knew then he would NEVER be worth this contract (and he wanted the same, if not more from the Rangers).

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
And based on what he has become, I think we can all agree Sather was correct. I love Cally, but I knew then he would NEVER be worth this contract (and he wanted the same, if not more from the Rangers).

Agreed. I didn't want that contract at all. He had an extensive injury history that came from his style of play and at his age, I knew he wouldn't be worth the deal he'd end up getting.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

It was over a NMC, not the money. Sather even said it was the NTC/NMC that broke the deal.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
He did, but if you read the article I posted, he even says in there that it was a lot of money for Ryan Callahan.

That it was. If Cally signed like a 5 and 5 deal would have been fine. We are stuck with Staal, so couldn’t of been worse than that lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad