Proposal: Nyr - stl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mad Brills*

To New York: Shattenkirk

To St louis: Hayes, McIlrath, Gropp.

Is that fair value, or do the rangers need to add more?

NYR get a PMD to replace Yandle.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
That would be $$$ issues for the Rangers. Would need a complimentary move somewhere else.

I'm only considering that trade if we had time to talk with Shattenkirk about an extension already.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Oof no thanks from the Rangers. I don't think they should trade for Shattenkirk. Just wait and see if he wants to sign with them next summer.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
None of those pieces are of much interest.

Hayes does nothing for us, don't need McIlrath at all, and Gropp might become a Kreider type.

Last edited:

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

Rangers have to add a lot more. Actually, they don't have to add more, they need to completely change the offer. These are 3 pieces that could potentially help. Well, 2 really, and Hayes is the only one with any real NHL experience. I don't think Dylan is going to do well on the Blues.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

That would be $$$ issues for the Rangers. Would need a complimentary move somewhere else.

I'm only considering that trade if we had time to talk with Shattenkirk about an extension already.

Oof no thanks from the Rangers. I don't think they should trade for Shattenkirk. Just wait and see if he wants to sign with them next summer.

all of the above
the value is more than fair, considering Shatty is a rental.
IF we're doing this, would rather it be for Shatty and conditional pick if he does not return to Rangers.

However, to catch up/recover from prior mistakes, we have to gamble that we can rely on Shattenkirk to trust us, that he will wait s UFA until AFTER the expansion draft and THEN we will give him the sweet deal. We need to get over on that expansion draft protection slot. We have to squeeze opportunity that much to accelerate repair.

The OP offered 3 nice pieces,
Hayes is big young C, need to keep cause of his size
McIlrath - we are moving Girardi. Not clear if that is trade (only realistic deal is to Wings for Jimmy Howard, w/NY adding Raanta at half), or if at the first injury the guy is LTIR, or if we can kick this guy upstairs so he elects to not remain an active player, I think THAT would do it, and have league approval given Girardi's injury history. I don't believe a buy out is an option cause that's 8 years of reduced but continued cap hit. 8 years! So getting back to it, when G is moved, we need McIlrath, who could still really shine. We need to move AV, not McIlrath and others.
Gropp is possibly our bluest blue chip - MAY have Kreider like potential. no.

I think we are better off dealing Zuc/+ to Canes or Ducks for young D, pref RD, but I would consider Zuc and his sweet multiyear for Shattenkirk and his expiring + a conditional rental IF IF IF IF IF it does not defeat my scenario above explained re expansion draft. [dif would be if last time was Rangers or other]

try again

kimzey59

Aug 16, 2003
Rangers have to add a lot more. Actually, they don't have to add more, they need to completely change the offer. These are 3 pieces that could potentially help. Well, 2 really, and Hayes is the only one with any real NHL experience. I don't think Dylan is going to do well on the Blues.

Could something be worked out around JT Miller?

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Could something be worked out around JT Miller?

Rangers not using its young core as currency.

Counter:
something around Nash (2 years) for Shattenkirk (1 year expiring rental)

St. Lou adds conditional add based on Nash's production
Rangers add based on KS first holding out as UFA to avoid an expansion draft protection slot, THEN signing him, and how reasonable/expensive that cost is.

1 for 1
scoring W for RD
definite fit just need to work on other parts

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Counter:

Rangers add based on KS first holding out as UFA to avoid an expansion draft protection slot, THEN signing him, and how reasonable/expensive that cost is.

1 for 1
scoring W for RD

We don't want Nash or afford his cap hit.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Counter:

1 for 1
scoring W for RD

Nash at $7.8 million for 2 more years, Shattenkirk at $4.25 million for 1 more year. Doubt that Armstrong can afford that cap hit. Plus why would St Louis want an aging player like Nash when they could easily get a younger more cost controlled player for Shattenkirk.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
Hard pass. Too many young parts for an expiring - no advantage to acquiring him now. If he comes next offseason great, if not we still have the young pieces here

MB1

Mar 26, 2005

That's like trading Shattenkirk for me and two of my friends.

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004

:handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap::handclap:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I've said it before and I'll say it again. If New Rochelle's finest wants to come home, he can do it a year from now as a free agent.

If he doesn't, oh well.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida

How many Shattenkrik to NYR threads have there been and people STILL don't understand there is no easy deal to be made? It seems like their should be since Shattenkirk wants to be in NY, and the Blues want to send him some place he will resign to get more value. However, the stuff the Blues would want, the Rangers wouldn't want to part with. Both are retooling a bit right now.

Both teams have relatively weak prospect pools due to chasing post-season success. The Rangers had more of that success, but their pool is also thinner. The Blues have successfully moved on from the old core for the most part and put things in the hands of their younger guys. The Rangers are working on that. So the Blues don't want older highly paid vets. They just sent a few packing. The Rangers don't want to send young guys with upside, they need to hold on to all of them they can get. Both teams are near the cap and have their rosters mostly set.

I don't think there is a deal to be had that people on both sides will like. One team or the other is going to have to make a mistake and move away from what they should be doing for this to happen. Either the Blues take Nash (which would be a mistake) or the Rangers part with younger assets (which would be a mistake). Or a swap for McDonagh, where the Blues would be adding due to contract could work. If the Blues could move Bouwmeester in a separate deal. But even that deal would be tough to balance the plus so both teams like it.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Yuck, no thanks. Would much rather have Shatty for the year and either negotiate a new contract or let him walk than give him up for more depth pieces. We need impact players. Shatty is, Hayes is not.

RangerGuru

May 14, 2013
How many Shattenkrik to NYR threads have there been and people STILL don't understand there is no easy deal to be made? It seems like their should be since Shattenkirk wants to be in NY, and the Blues want to send him some place he will resign to get more value. However, the stuff the Blues would want, the Rangers wouldn't want to part with. Both are retooling a bit right now.

Both teams have relatively weak prospect pools due to chasing post-season success. The Rangers had more of that success, but their pool is also thinner. The Blues have successfully moved on from the old core for the most part and put things in the hands of their younger guys. The Rangers are working on that. So the Blues don't want older highly paid vets. They just sent a few packing. The Rangers don't want to send young guys with upside, they need to hold on to all of them they can get. Both teams are near the cap and have their rosters mostly set.

I don't think there is a deal to be had that people on both sides will like. One team or the other is going to have to make a mistake and move away from what they should be doing for this to happen. Either the Blues take Nash (which would be a mistake) or the Rangers part with younger assets (which would be a mistake). Or a swap for McDonagh, where the Blues would be adding due to contract could work. If the Blues could move Bouwmeester in a separate deal. But even that deal would be tough to balance the plus so both teams like it.

Completely agree with everything here except the McDonagh part. Don't need to downgrade at D to plug one hole and also making a huge void at #1 LHD

There is no deal to be made unless they like Nash. Otherwise, deal him somewhere else. NYR is at a stage where they should not be making another Yandle or Eric Staal type move. If Shattenkirk makes it to UFA, NYR can make a run at him then, or if the price is Nash, then it makes sense, if not, no thanks. Frankly the Shattenkirk threads combined with the Fowler threads (don't need LHD) are the worst.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad