Proposal: Nyr stl ana

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
going back and fourth with a few fan bases over the last 2 weeks or so i think i have finally figured out a trade that works that these 3 teams trade from a position of strength and all get better

to NYR shattenkirk.
to STL fowler
to ANA Zuccarello

from NYR perspective their have a glut of young forwards. They need a puck moving defense man on the right side. by all accounts shattenkirk wants to be there and resign there. they are both basically the same age. I know many NYR fans will be on a ledge after trading Zucc. trust me I know, i love the guy but this makes the team better. McD and shatty would be a very good first pairing. plus both of their cap hits are similar this year so it allows a wash for salaries and the rangers get to keep nash until his stock goes higher and when they trade him at the deadline, the money is there for raises for Zbanijad and Shattenkirk. They they just resign him after the expansion draft.

From ANA perspective they trade from a position of strength by dealing fowler, it allows theodore who is ready to step right in. Zucc who will be a fan favorite there from day one makes them very dangerous going forward. allows them to roll a filthy top 6 Zucc Getz Perry Rakell kesler Silf. He is on a great contract for a budget team and allows ANA to give many different looks on O.

from STL perspective shattenkirk is a FA after this season. He is a luxury for them at this point having Pietro and Parayko on the right with schmaltz waiting in the wings. Fowler gives them a very good reliable top 3 D-man to pair with either Pietro or Parayko. He is also a RFA after this team so it gives STL more control then shatty who already stated he wants to play near home.

Conclusion Every team gives up a player they highly value in order to improve other short comings of their team. I believe each of the three teams is better off after this trade. maybe someone sends NYR a third or something because shatty's contract will be more expensive, but overall not a lot of tweaking.

Last edited by a moderator:

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
going back and fourth with a few fan bases over the last 2 weeks or so i think i have finally figured out a trade that works that these 3 teams trade from a position of strength and all get better

to NYR shattenkirk.
to STL fowler
to ANA Zuccarello

from NYR perspective their have a glut of young forwards. They need a puck moving defense man on the right side. by all accounts shattenkirk wants to be there and resign there. they are both basically the same age. I know many NYR fans will be on a ledge after trading Zucc. trust me I know, i love the guy but this makes the team better. McD and shatty would be a very good first pairing. plus both of their cap hits are similar this year so it allows a wash for salaries and the rangers get to keep nash until his stock goes higher and when they trade him at the deadline, the money is there for raises for Zbanijad and Shattenkirk. They they just resign him after the expansion draft.

From ANA perspective they trade from a position of strength by dealing fowler, it allows theodore who is ready to step right in. Zucc who will be a fan favorite there from day one makes them very dangerous going forward. allows them to roll a filthy top 6 Zucc Getz Perry Rakell kesler Silf. He is on a great contract for a budget team and allows ANA to give many different looks on O.

from STL perspective shattenkirk is a FA after this season. He is a luxury for them at this point having Pietro and Parayko on the right with schmaltz waiting in the wings. Fowler gives them a very good reliable top 3 D-man to pair with either Pietro or Parayko. He is also a RFA after this team so it gives STL more control then shatty who already stated he wants to play near home.

Conclusion Every team gives up a player they highly value in order to improve other short comings of their team. I believe each of the three teams is better off after this trade. maybe someone sends NYR a third or something because shatty's contract will be more expensive, but overall not a lot of tweaking.

Flame off:handclap:

Why are we trading a productive legit 1st line winger on one of the better contracts in the league who has multiple years left for one year of Shattenkirk, especially when rumors are that the hometown boy wants to come home and spends lots of time in the summers (proven on instagram) in the hamptons???

This is awful for the Rangers. The Ducks and Blues win by a landslide.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Zuccarello makes more then Fowler and we are trying to shed salary so... also not sure he would be a great fit in our system.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Zuccarello makes more then Fowler and we are trying to shed salary so... also not sure he would be a great fit in our system.

Zuccarello would fit seamlessly anywhere he goes. He's one of the better playmakers in the league, has a good shot and plays good two-way hockey. He's also a leader by example, the team feeds off him. This isn't a guy I would want to deal and he's on a steal of a deal, making under 5 million while scoring around 60 points in 2 of his last 3 years.

He'd give Anaheim some diversity and extra support in their top-6.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

to NYR shattenkirk.
to STL fowler
to ANA Zuccarello

Flame off:handclap:

Trading Zuccarello when you can sign Shattenkirk next summer for nothing makes zero sense. Zuccarello makes more then Fowler so for obvious reasons. I doubt that Anaheim does it. But Anaheim and St Louis do make out like bandits the Rangers can wait and sign Shatty next summer for nothing. No need to make this deal from a Rangers perspective.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Zuccarello would fit seamlessly anywhere he goes. He's one of the better playmakers in the league, has a good shot and plays good two-way hockey. He's also a leader by example, the team feeds off him. This isn't a guy I would want to deal and he's on a steal of a deal, making under 5 million while scoring around 60 points in 2 of his last 3 years.

Some players don't fit well in certain systems. He would need to fit in ours as well as handle playing against bigger and stronger players that he would face in the west a lot more of. Not interested in finding out if things would work especially when he makes more then Fowler and we really need to lower salary.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com

No he's not. Fowler will be UFA in 2018, one year after Shatty. And he's going to want a raise that will cut into the STL budget. The whole point of moving Shatty is to improve the forward group, not the left side of the D.

Trading Zuccarello when you can sign Shattenkirk next summer for nothing makes zero sense. Zuccarello makes more then Fowler so for obvious reasons. I doubt that Anaheim does it. But Anaheim and St Louis do make out like bandits the Rangers can wait and sign Shatty next summer for nothing. No need to make this deal from a Rangers perspective.

Sure, if you consider kicking the can one year down the road and icing a slightly worse team without really addressing an area of need as "making out like bandits".

Drew4u

Jul 22, 2016
Doesn't make sence from the Rangers perspective. Zucc is so valuable to them, and he's on a very good contract. Miller and a second makes more sence.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Some players don't fit well in certain systems. He would need to fit in ours as well as handle playing against bigger and stronger players that he would face in the west a lot more of. Not interested in finding out if things would work especially when he makes more then Fowler and we really need to lower salary.

Practically everyone in the league is much bigger than Zuccarello and he's still extremely effective.

Only Johnny Gaudreau is smaller than he is and that's because Zuccarello has weight on Gaudreau. They're around the same height.

Trust me on this, because I'm not trying to sell you on him. I don't want him moved. This trade is asinine from a Rangers perspective.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago
No he's not. Fowler will be UFA in 2018, one year after Shatty. And he's going to want a raise that will cut into the STL budget. The whole point of moving Shatty is to improve the forward group, not the left side of the D.

Sure, if you consider kicking the can one year down the road and icing a slightly worse team without really addressing an area of need as "making out like bandits".

No, the whole point of moving Shatty is to improve at any position other than RHD. If you can improve LHD, you go for it. Fowler would do that.

Bouwmeester is no longer 1st pairing caliber, and is likely to continue to regress in the remaining years of his contract. Gunnarsson, Edmundson, and Lindbohm are all 4-7 types. Walman and Dunn are both a few years out from realistically making an impact in the NHL.

I'm not holding my breath, but Fowler would be a great pickup for the Blues.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Practically everyone in the league is much bigger than Zuccarello and he's still extremely effective.

Only Johnny Gaudreau is smaller than he is and that's because Zuccarello has weight on Gaudreau. They're around the same height.

Trust me on this, because I'm not trying to sell you on him. I don't want him moved. This trade is asinine from a Rangers perspective.

We have seen how Gaudreau handles playing in the west. Zuccarello probably would do well but he might not do as well as in the east.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Zuccarello has handled the western splits just fine. Everyone in the league is bigger than this guy. He's handled the physicality just fine.

He hasn't handled playing against the west as much as a west team does. He hasn't experienced the traveling the Ducks do. He would probably do well just don't think as well as where he is.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
ohh please

He hasn't handled playing against the west as much as a west team does. He hasn't experienced the traveling the Ducks do. He would probably do well just don't think as well as where he is.

zucc would be just fine in the west. your selling him wayy short

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki

don't want zuccarello's term nor money.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
I love Shatt and want to bring him back home but I don't think trading Zucc for him is a smart thing to do. I think Miller is a better fit going to Anaheim and even though he's younger replacing him would be a lot easier than Zucc

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
Doesn't make sence from the Rangers perspective. Zucc is so valuable to them, and he's on a very good contract. Miller and a second makes more sence.

Miller will be a more valuable player than Zuccarello this year. Shattenkirk will resign and the Rangers want to win now. Good deal around in my opinion. You could also substitute WPG/Trouba into this deal for Shattenkirk.

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
How does the OP's deal turn into Fabbri or Parayko for Zucc?

I wouldn't deal a bag of pucks for Zucc because we in the know, know he'll sign with the Blues as a FA in a few years. :popcorn:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad